3 weeks ago
Mark43's mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools our first responders rely on. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We're seeking an ownership driven, innovative Associate Product Manager capable of driving ideas through design and engineering all the way to launch. Our products solve challenging problems unique to the public safety space. Our product also promotes efficient data input, cutting down on paperwork and keeping officers in the streets. To that end, the product team thrives on our uncanny ability to research and break down complex problems into simple and delightful user experiences. Our current team members come from very different backgrounds, including SaaS, startup, finance, and AdTech. Their unique mixture of experience, especially in ethnographic research, UX design, and agile/kanban methodologies equip them well to work with our wide pool of user groups.
What you can expect to work on
- Doing field research alongside public safety professionals
- Gathering and documenting robust product requirements to guide design and engineering
- Making data driven product decisions
- Channeling the points-of-view of a wide range of stakeholders
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
What we expect from you
- 1-2 years working experience in a product, design, or engineering role
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Experience shipping a product from start to finish, concept to launch
- The business, design, and tech acumen to have productive discussions with sales, designers and engineers
- Ability to see the simplest path through a complex workflow
- Knows how to channel the points-of-view of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Comfortability doing field research alongside public safety professionals
- Passion for holistic product design that solves real problems
- An interest in GovTech and the public safety space
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
What you can expect from us
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including design, engineering, and client solutions
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
3 weeks ago
We're looking for a mobile-savvy Associate Product Manager to own and evolve our portfolio of native iOS & Android app experiences across a range of verticals, including: Healthcare, Residential Real Estate, Shopping Centers, Media/Entertainment and Airports.
The ideal candidate will have experience in building and managing native iOS & Android apps, and have the desire to identify and explore innovative use cases across verticals, such as:
- Using bluetooth beacon technology to power indoor navigation for hospital patients.
- Driving shopper foot traffic to retail stores via Marketing Automation geofence campaigns.
- Offering high rise apartment residents the ability to control their internet-of-things (IOT) devices.
- Digital subject-matter expertise and professional networks within the verticals above is also highly desired.
This leader will work closely with other product managers to help drive vision and strategy with executive leadership, oversee design & delivery with creative and engineering teams, and also work closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to generate revenue and market adoption.
A Week In Your Shoes
- Research the latest IOT technologies and whip up a Residential app prototype with design and engineering to test a potential home automation partner.
- Create detailed user stories for a new Media/Entertainment video module, and work with Sales to identify trial customers
- Go on-site to install bluetooth beacons and test an indoor navigation experience within a flagship retail store
- Present and socialize your product roadmap with Exec and Sales teams, to ensure alignment with company strategy, customer expectations and revenue opportunities
- Refine SaaS-based pricing models with Finance, to maximize revenue and customer value
- Gather feedback from hospital customers to drive location-based real-time-location-services (RTLS) use cases
- Plan and drive Go-To-Market activities for your new release with key stakeholders across the organization, including customer enablement, sales collateral, and internal training
- Be a product evangelist, both with internal teams and external customers, to drive global adoption of new mobile technologies across devices and screens
What We Look For
- Proven experience as a mobile product owner, with strong ability to independently manage priorities, roadmaps and cross team dependencies; influence senior leadership, and communicate vision and strategy
- 2-3 years experience designing and driving adoption of mobile apps, including ability to navigate iOS xCode and Android Studio
- Experience across the mobile ecosystem, especially location-based services (LBS), including indoor mapping/wayfinding driven by bluetooth-low energy (BLE), WiFi and GPS technologies
- Added bonus: digital experience in one or more of our key verticals (Healthcare/Hospitals, Residential Real Estate, Retail, Media/Entertainment), with equivalent network of influencers and decision makers
- Understanding of software-as-a-service (SaaS) licensing models and strategies
- Versatility and desire to apply thinking across a range of industries and use cases, tenacity to drive aggressive deadlines, and independence to own and drive roadmaps and planning
- Hunger for data and analytics to drive product decisions
- Razor sharp communication skills and equivalent sense of humor
- Ability to adeptly navigate Confluence, JIRA and agile development methodologies
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, with insatiable curiosity for finding new ways to help the world's largest brands reach every connected device on the planet
- BA or BS Degree required
- Must be living in Austin, Texas, or be able to immediately relocate
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time off policy
- Full range of benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, and vision
- Incentive stock options including "early exercise" provision
As we continue to scale Minted's design-centric business, we want to make sure that the quality of our site experience reflects the quality of our products and that customers are able to shop in a smooth and seamless way. The Associate Product Manager will have the opportunity to help make this a reality by identifying and addressing the most impactful site issues and bugs that are hurting conversion and preventing our site and fulfillment experience from representing the quality of our brand.
Who would do well in this role:
A business generalist who is strategic, data-oriented, quantitative, and comfortable diving into details with both technology and business teams. You have raw intelligence, a problem solving mindset and are comfortable both jumping deep into the details and maintaining a clear sense of priorities. You balance this quantitative orientation with strong shopping instincts and a passion for creating the best customer experience possible. You are a good communicator and can work effectively with both engineering and business stakeholders. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience in product management and potentially advance into a full product management role.
What you get to do:
Identify, prioritize and work with engineering to address the top bugs and site issues that are negatively impacting conversion and the site experience on desktop and mobile.
How you get to do it:
- Review all bugs, errors, and customer experience issues surfaced through:
- Customer service team
- Minted's Shop the Site program
- Internal employees
- Backlog of ecommerce bugs
- Engineering-driven error reporting
- Customer feedback
- Your own experience regularly shopping the site
- Partner with ecommerce product managers and gather quantitative data to prioritize these issues based on their impact on site conversion and the customer experience
- Create, maintain and groom a backlog of top issues. This includes:
- Documenting the source of the input, information on the number of customers affected, and any details from the initial bug report
- Deep dive into root causes for top issues
- Write jira stories and acceptance and automation testing criteria for issues at the top of the backlog
- Work with engineers across the organization, including a small dedicated team, to address prioritized issues
- Coordinate testing, including manually testing the fixes and working with stakeholders to prioritize the creation of automated tests
- Communicate with key business partners on high-priority issues and their status
Your experience and skills:
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 1-2 years of experience in any of the following: consulting, analytics, product management, product marketing, project management, engineering, or an internal strategy role. It is a plus is if this experience was at or involved working with technology companies
- Is a critical thinker: You are quantitative and data-driven and use available evidence to make decisions.
- Is detail-oriented
- Has a strong interest in ecommerce and a passion for creating great user experiences
- Is a self-starter: You drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work
- Is a strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Works effectively with teammates and wins credibility quickly
Nice to have:
- Fluency in SQL / familiarity with relational databases
- Prior experience working in ecommerce or in a technology company
- Prior experience in engineering or working closely with engineering
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator
Minted is a lifestyle brand and design marketplace connecting you with the world's best artists to create something one of a kind. Minted crowdsources graphic design and artwork from a global community of independent artists and sells these as products addressing the $10 billion stationery market, $48 billion art market, and $100 billion home decor market.
Minted's mission is to enable the design independence of both consumers and artists around the world, and the company is a platform for the strongest emerging artists in the world to be seen and discovered. We aim to build a lasting brand representing the most commercially successful design community in the world. Minted was founded by successful serial entrepreneur Mariam Naficy.
Minted is located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco and is backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, and angel investors including Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp. Minted is comprised of an experienced and entrepreneurial team. We come from Google, Amazon, Microsoft, eBay, Yahoo, and Goldman Sachs and numerous disruptive startups. We are a passionate, creative, ambitious team. We provide a great opportunity to work with a stellar team and on a world-changing mission, all supported by a proven business model.