SMG (Service Management Group) partners with more than 450 brands around the globe to create better customer and employee experiences, which drive loyalty and performance. SMG uniquely combines technology and insights to help clients listen better, act faster, and outperform competitors. Strategic solutions include omniCXTM, Brand Research, and Employee Engagement. SMG evaluates 200 million surveys annually, across 130 countries.
Are you interested in an opportunity to demonstrate your Product Management expertise and hone your project development and implementation skills in an energetic work environment? How about the chance to work with some of the top restaurant and retail companies in the world? If you answered “yes,” Service Management Group (SMG) is the place for you!
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive ongoing development of solutions to meet the customer experience measurement needs of our customers, while driving future revenue growth for SMG. A strong customer focus and a drive to provide outstanding customer service are core values of SMG and should be characteristics of the successful Product Manager.
- Work directly with clients and internal teams to define to define client need, product functions, research practices, operations/technology components and ultimately implementing the SMG deliverable.
- Proactively identify opportunities for product enhancements based on: client needs, user feedback, industry trends.
- Write clear and concise requirements and user stories, prioritize development items, and coordinate schedules/milestones with design and engineering teams.
- Manage external vendors who provide products or services which may be integrated with our own product offerings.
- Formulate, monitor, and respond to product analytics to ensure desired on-going product performance.
- Lead Productive Development activities including daily meetings, grooming, retrospectives and project status meetings with the Steering Committee.
- Measure and analyze new and existing competitors in the relevant text analytics space.
- Provide expertise and support to project teams and senior management on Product Capabilities and Services.
- Work with appropriate teams to drive business revenue and monetize new products and services within the product portfolio. This includes managing product sales funnel across clients and proactively engaging potential clients in discussions about the product in partnership with Client Services and Sales.
- Communicate all developed products across all internal teams timely and effectively. This may include developing implementation guides and product training transitioned to Sales, Marketing and Client Services to ensure effective commercialization.
- Lead and direct R&D activity around new and improved processes and products.
- Represent SMG at client presentations, product development, sales and tradeshow association meetings to promote products, as needed.
- Prepare results summaries and reports in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product development and management.
- Bachelor’s degree. (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- Proven track record of managing and launching innovative software or web based products and features.
- Propensity to think strategically and understand impacts to the big picture.
- Analytical ability to derive actionable insights from large datasets.
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Excellent presentation, meeting leader, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project management experience –Creating and managing timelines, product pricing and cost, setting and managing client/vendor expectations (experience with TFS or SCRUM is a plus).
- Ability to prioritize and schedule own work based on competing demands of clients and team members.
- Mobile web/native app product management experience.