2 weeks ago
Headspace was founded in London in 2010 by Rich Pierson and Andy Puddicombe. Originally conceived as a meditation events company, Headspace has evolved into the world's most popular meditation app. Using proven mindfulness techniques, it will teach you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier life. Sessions take as little as 10 minutes a day, and you can do them wherever and whenever you like. Our app has now been downloaded more than 13 million times in 200 countries, helping so many people to enjoy the benefits of a clearer calmer mind. Today, we're ready to embark on the next phase in our evolution: to become the world's most comprehensive guide to health and happiness.
In 2015, we completed a $30mm Series A funding round. The round was led by The Chernin Group, with significant participation from other media and tech leaders including Jim Breyer (via Breyer Capital), Allen & Co, William Morris Endeavor, Freelands Ventures (the venture arm of Elisabeth Murdoch) and Advancit (the venture arm of Shari Redstone). Rounding out the raise were a handful of influential individuals including Jeff Weiner (LinkedIn CEO), Jessica Alba, Ryan Seacrest, and Jared Leto.
You can read more about us in Fast Company or the New Yorker.
About the Product Manager, Growth (Engagement) @ Headspace:
Headspace is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join its Growth Team and be responsible for user engagement. As a member of the Growth team, the ideal candidate is analytical, curious, has a knack for testing & optimization and experience shipping product features to a global audience. Working cross-functionally and with key stakeholders, you'll play an instrumental role in advancing Headspace's mission of improving the Health & Happiness of the world. This person will report into the Head of Growth.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Launch, manage and optimize new product features designed to engage & inspire users to establish & continue their meditation practice with Headspace.
- Own the product roadmap for user engagement and communications.
- Closely monitor, measure and report on feature performance.
- Analyze data and identify opportunities to develop new features or communications that improve the user's experience with Headspace.
- Lead a product squad to prototype, iterate, and ship new features to users, globally.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to share the product vision & roadmap.
What you've accomplished?
- 5+ years of product experience, building and shipping digital consumer software globally.
- BS/BA degree in math, science or engineering or proven track record in a quantitative/problem solving environment (or equivalent training and experience).
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading a product squad & roadmap.
- Experience with running multiple product experiments (A/B, multivariate, etc.).
- Strong team-player who can work well across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with a digital subscription service a plus.
- Interest in meditation & mindfulness.
How to get started:
If you're excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
2 weeks ago
Spokeo's Product team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo is at a transformative inflection point, creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and businesses. The ways in which people search and connect using technology are rapidly evolving, and Spokeo is building new products to stimulate change and amplify these trends. We encourage enthusiastic individuals who are comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment to apply.
As a Senior Product Manager at Spokeo, you will combine market savvy, analytics experience, and a consumer-product sensibility to innovate features that will improve our bottom line. Our product managers identify and prioritize features, define product requirements and the metrics for success, and guide projects through the product development lifecycle to ship high quality products. You will be responsible for monitoring the competitive landscape, market trends, and threats to keep Spokeo in a leadership position, making decision tradeoffs between features and speed-to-market. You will be an integral part of a cross-functional team, collaborating closely with Design, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, and Executive Management. You should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great team player.
Day-to-Day Tasks of the Position Include:
- Ideate new product concepts and updates, prioritizing based on opportunity, cost, and confidence
- Understand and synthesize customer needs from market research, competitive insights, and customer analytics in order to better inform product decisions
- Outline detailed requirements, coordinating with developers and designers to clearly define and visually articulate product ideas
- Focus product design efforts on data visualization, simplicity, and consistency
- Manage the product backlog as the product owner within the agile development teams
- Review developed products for quality: identifying issues, modifying requirements, and providing stakeholder signoff as necessary
- Deep-dive into analytics for evaluating customer behavior and product performance, and sharing insights with the team
- Evaluate product execution on a regular basis, finding opportunities for improving the process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years in Product Management, especially in companies with subscription business models
- Complementary mix of product innovation, design skills, and technical knowledge
- Ability to outline comprehensive requirements using documents, spreadsheets, and diagrams
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, providing metrics that support business decisions
- Ability to analyze user flows and understand the psychology that drives user behavior
- Prior experience with SCRUM and agile development methodology
- Experience guiding cross-functional teams, with the ability to relate and interact with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated history in managing complex projects, with an acute attention to quality
- Self-driven in keeping projects moving forward, even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- Quick learner and self-motivated, launching product changes with minimal guidance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated work ethic, with a passion for contributing to Spokeo's success
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Gym Reimbursement
- Nerf Gun Armory
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool
Santa Monica, CA
2 weeks ago
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu's Product team is seeking a Product Manager, Acquisition who will be an exceptional addition to our Acquisition team. As a Subscriber Growth Product Manager of our Website at Hulu, you will drive initiatives and cross-team projects that increase our new subscriber sign-up rate across multiple channels and devices. The right person for this role has experience building new and optimized sign-up flows for new customers, understands the nuances of a subscription service, and is eager to learn and grow by getting their hands dirty with the details. Expertise in building web and mobile web experiences a must. If you are someone who has an entrepreneurial attitude, thrives in a cross-collaborative environment, and has a relentless pursuit of improving the customer experience, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the sign-up flow experience, primarily focusing on desktop and mobile website platforms. Act as primary liaison between Business and Technology. Become the expert in the details and complexities of different customer journeys.
- Build new product features that enable Marketing and Product teams to improve sign-up efficiency through such activities as targeted messaging and offers, live support, customized flows, and innovative payment methods.
- Drive priority of developer backlog. Work with Program Managers and Scrum Masters to ensure work is sequenced and delivered within the defined schedule. Test all releases to confirm accurate execution.
- Partner with the Landing Page Product Manager and Marketing to ensure we have persuasive and clear messaging through the sign-up flow. Work with UX and Technology to provide a holistically delightful and focused acquisition funnel.
- Provide requirements and contribute to the success of better self-service tools to build configurable and targeted experiences.
- Contribute to defining the long-term vision of the acquisition funnel and building the team's multi-year roadmaps.
- Build reports and extract insights from data, working with analysts and Finance to inform product decisions. Suggest improvements to the customers' experience and increase conversion rates. Work with the A/B testing team to prioritize and execute key experiments for impact.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years in acquisition marketing or product management for sign-up flow optimization.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results on time.
- Good familiarity with tools including Google Analytics, Optimizely and similar platforms
- Great communicator and team player. Eager to learn and never happy with the status quo
- Good eye for design, copy and a creative problem solver
- Experience acquiring new customers for subscription services
- Building targeting and unique sign-up flows for different prospective segments
- Experience building new features for internal content management tools
- Familiarity with building mobile and living room apps
Costa Mesa, CA
2 weeks ago
Product Managers at Payoff have a passion for creating innovative, empowering, user-friendly consumer fin-tech products. Our focus is on delivering financial services in an engaging new way that values an empathic connection with our customers. We partner with users, business stakeholders, and development teams to identify new opportunities and cast the vision for Payoff's product road map. Product managers must learn and adapt quickly in the fast-paced environment, while effectively communicating and collaborating across all teams.
- Partner with stakeholders to own and execute the launch of products and new feature initiatives
- Be the voice of the customer for both external consumers and internal customer service users.
- Define, document, and communicate user stories, business objectives, and product requirements to the team
- Participate in developing next-generation fin-tech products and their road maps with key business stakeholders that fit the company's initiatives and strategies
- Coordinate market research and work with data scientists to identify trends, create new product features and fine-tune the user experience.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and maintain various applications within Payoff and work with engineers and QA to define solutions.
- Manage and communicate changes in priorities, statuses, and timelines across the team and company
- Manage product release related activities including product training, demos, and launch and develop supplemental materials, presentations, and documentation
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- financial services a plus
- Experience creating products with a strong focus on usability and user experience
- Track record in developing products targeting Millennials and women users
- Background in Salesforce CRM and Salesforce apps a plus
- A curious, entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to get things done
- Attention to detail and a willingness to dive in and help debug features
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally and with offshore teams
- Project management expertise, including leading agile software development
- Experience with Jira is a plus
- Experience analyzing data, extracting insights, and making recommendations
- A passion for helping people, and a desire to collaborate and be a part of a strong and growing team.
At Payoff, we focus on what we do best: doing something we believe in, which will help change the world for the better! We believe in taking care of our employees, putting the customer first, eating great food, having a sense of humor, and getting things done.
We're working on big challenges in consumer financial services and need team players, innovators and leaders to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits!
- Employee medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Generous vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to that kid's basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that's your thing)
- Craft beer Thursdays – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment
3 weeks ago
Imagine a world where creative play is the most valued part of childhood. This is the future Seedling is building.
Seedling is looking for a Senior Product Manager with a strong understanding of digital product in the consumer software industry and a passion for children's media & entertainment to join our team. Experience with hardware or any physical product development is a huge plus but not the core focus of the role.
At Seedling we encourage kids to create with every tool in the toolbox, including technology. That's why we make groundbreaking products that merge tactile materials with advancing technologies, like virtual reality and augmented reality. These products are designed to help families put the child in control of the experience, and step into the role of builder, designer, creator and inventor. After all, visionaries aren't born, they're nurtured!
- Work closely with designers and devs on moving products from idea to public release.
- Prioritize features based on the company's product vision.
- Own product roadmaps and timelines.
- Lead sprint planning on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate stakeholders and gather requirements from across the company, then collect and synthesize feedback.
- Write engineering specifications, and work with devs to scope and validate features.
- Communicate clearly with your team.
- Conduct user research and usability testing with our product designers.
- Identify and track important metrics to improve your products.
- Meaningfully contribute to a shared set of best practices, standards, and living application design guidelines.
- 5+ years of professional experience shipping and iterating on digital products
- Proficiency using industry standard tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, et. al.
- Strong project management skills
- Fluency in the languages of both design and software development
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Great presentation skills
- Experience with hardware or physical product development
- Experience or passion for the children's toy, game or education space
- Experience with rapid prototyping, from paper to pixels
- Software engineering skills (you will not be expected to write code, but having an understanding of it helps when you interact with the engineering and and product team)
- Writing skills: specifically concise, engaging, user-focused copy
- Being a self-starter, working well with minimal oversight
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Creative office space in the heart of Downtown LA's Arts District
- Snacks and coffee, lunch on Friday and team events
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 2 weeks of paid vacation time
4 weeks ago
Taboola is one of fastest-growing global tech companies. Taboola Choice empowers hundreds of millions of people and thousands of publishers to personalize the Web. We enable publishers to drive editorial voice and brand safety while giving consumers the choice to personalize their content discovery experience. We engage over 1B online users, and deliver more than 300B content recommendations every month! As well as being one of the fastest growing Startups in Israel, we are also growing our world reach, with offices in NY, London, Tel Aviv, LA, Bangkok, New Delhi, Sao Paulo and more.
Taboola is looking for a Sr Product manager to lead its Editorial products. The Sr Product Manager will conceptualize, plan and drive to execution Taboola's Editorial products, to secure and cement strategic relationships with editors across the globe, answering existing needs and predicting future ones.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for Taboola Editorial products, partnering with sales, account managers, business developments and clients worldwide.
- Be a hands-on product manager – own and execute the full cycle of product development – from conception, in depth data analysis and writing specs, through close work with R&D and data scientists to ensure accurate execution and up to supervising version launches and following up on production and implementation issues.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams as well as strategic clients to push new products and features to market as well as to analyze needs and implement new tools and products accordingly.
- 5+ years of experience in Product management.
- Experience working in an online media company is mandatory. Experience working on editorial products is a plus.
- BA/BsC in Computer Science, journalism, new media or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of product development, UX, R&D development processes and business needs.
- Experience working with remote teams – a plus
- Manage a team of product managers, analysts and UX designers
- Willingness to travel frequently (at least once every two months)
- Strong analytic abilities, skilled in solving complex problems
- Organized and methodical
- Superb team player
- Strong communication skills
Solana Beach, CA
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing a key strategic area of MINDBODY's core software product. They may be responsible for overseeing and managing 2-4 more junior product managers in order to bring strategic products to market while obtaining key business objectives. They will also be responsible for overseeing and running scrum teams in charge of large strategic projects.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining a backlog of work for each product manager, putting together business plans based on market research and data analysis, and pitching these product ideas to senior management.
The Senior Product Manager will be required to work cross functionally between the UX Design and Research, Product Managers and Engineering teams to support the product vision and achieve strategic business objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years working as a Product Manager in a top-tier technology company
- 2 or more years managing and mentoring other product managers
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology or technical related field
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to roll up your sleeves and try different things with minimal direction
- 5 or more years product management experience in a successful SaaS organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing and releasing complex SaaS products
- Intimate knowledge of key Product Management Principles, Agile Scrum and UX Centered Design principles
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with Sr. Leaders and Executives
- Proven ability to build strong cross functional relationships
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, the drive to make that vision a reality, and technically credible to lead teams of world-class software developers
- Loves and understands technology. Stays up to day on competition and disruptors in the market
- Is organized, and can plan, forecast and manage a product backlog
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy. Technically credible to lead teams of world-class software developers
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influence multiple individuals, groups, and cross-functional relationships
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate and work with stakeholders across the organization
ABOVE AND BEYOND:
- 10+ years as a Product Manager in a top-tier technology company
- 5+ years managing and mentoring other product managers
- MBA or other graduate-level degree
- Certifications such as Scrum Master or PMP
- Experience handling enterprise-level clients/customers
- Track record driving and delivering large, complicated projects on time and within scope
- Demonstrated technical software abilities and insight
- Subject matter expertise in many different technology markets
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Works directly with direct reports to drive product development from conceptualization through launch - creating actionable plans, work streams, tactics and deliver on those in support of business KPI's
- Product manager for one or more product development teams
- Manages other product managers towards execution of the product roadmap
- Formulates complex business plans, analyzes the current competitive landscape, focuses on ROI and puts together a strategic product roadmap and pitch to the senior leaders in the company
- Manages the product roadmap for your strategic area, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Can operate under limited supervision is provided as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- Works with product marketing, design, engineering, project management, etc. to successfully deliver products to market
- Leverages data/analytics to make tactical and strategic product decisions
- Demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups
- Cultivates a deep understanding of the customer and work tirelessly to identify new opportunities to improve their experience
- Identifies unmet market needs that leverage MINDBODY technologies, strengths and market leadership
- Produces and manages usability studies, product metrics, competitive, customer and market analysis into product requirements in order to identify new opportunities
- Strives to be a subject matter expert in their strategic focus area(s) by identifying the challenges our customers' face and defines new opportunities to improve our customers' experience
- Builds business cases that satisfy significant market needs and revenue opportunities, is able and willing pitch business cases to senior management and elaborate on the "what" and "why"
- Has displayed an ability to control scope of large projects
- Removes business related roadblocks in order to ensure success product delivery on time and within scope
- Gathers customer feedback in order to determine future iterations. Compares planned success metrics to actuals and ladders up product performance
- Works closely with product marketing, sales, and marketing teams to build go-to-market plans as well as pricing, sales, and marketing strategy
Is focused on creating the best possible user experience while also managing ROI
Fender Digital is a division of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation ("FMIC") located in Hollywood, CA. Fender Digital Products is a new division making apps, websites, platforms and tools to compliment the guitars, amps and audio gear that Fender makes. We are looking for an accomplished Sr. Product Manager to join the team.
Fender, of course, is an American icon — born in Southern California and with a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it is a cultural symbol that resonates across fashion and entertainment circles as well.
Fender.com is our online hub of content, commerce, and consumer engagement for Fender enthusiasts worldwide. As a product manager on our Fender.com product team, you will be building teams, products, processes and go-to-market strategies for the products we make, starting with the "Product" of our culture itself. You'll work in close collaboration with the Fender.com product team and site director — and will marshal engineers, designers, marketing representatives, and external vendors toward successful project completion.
The role demands technical depth, principled and empathetic thinking, judgement and a refusal to settle at "just OK," innovative thinking, a high bar for quality and design and a mentality of starting with the "Player" and working backwards into experiences and products that make them better holistically.
You are the CEO of your own small startup that ships one product, with all that this entails.
- Internalize, contextualize and advocate the mission of the Fender brand and products into new digital products
- Drive and keep a cross-functional team focused on the goal of the end-product
- Be the arbiter of truth: collect, contextualize and drive decisions through data. Solicit feedback, explore the competitors
- Drive your cross-functional teams with a consistent set of KPIs and goals/objectives
- Drive innovative thinking in the team, pushing into new territory and capabilities. That means pushing engineers, designers and other team members further than they may be comfortable with, while providing them the three C's (context, clarity and coverage)
- Work with marketing and your team on go-to-market planning
- Monitor and measure products after launched as a part of the "Measure" and "Learn" portion of Lean product thinking.
- Clearly communicate roadmap, goals, findings, data (good and bad) to executives, stakeholders and the public at large. Be your own marketer
What we're looking for:
- 7-10 years experience delivering high quality, successful consumer internet/media products
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience with online communities: community management software, best practices, gamification techniques, etc.
- Excellent design, user experience instincts with an empathetic approach to customer development
- A desire for perfection in every aspect of what you make
- The ability to drive, motivate, support and earn the trust of cross functional teams
- A passion for driving "Makers" and being one yourself
- A great understanding of data and how to tell narratives from it
Bonus Points (not required, but all are strong pluses):
- Prior experience with:
- Internationalization and localization
- Launching digital products within a commerce vertical
- Working knowledge of the technical concepts and terminology associated with:
- e-Commerce platforms: Demandware / Commerce Cloud, Magento, etc.
- Prior experience in lifestyle or entertainment industry commerce.
- Excellent compensation package with incentives
- Guitars! Music!
- A brand new team: help set the culture of innovation at the world's best music brand
- Medical, dental, 401(k), food, drinks
- The computer of your choice (as long as its from Cupertino)
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world's leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.