Solana Beach, CA
4 days ago
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing a key strategic area of MINDBODY's core software product. They may be responsible for overseeing and managing 2-4 more junior product managers in order to bring strategic products to market while obtaining key business objectives. They will also be responsible for overseeing and running scrum teams in charge of large strategic projects.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining a backlog of work for each product manager, putting together business plans based on market research and data analysis, and pitching these product ideas to senior management.
The Senior Product Manager will be required to work cross functionally between the UX Design and Research, Product Managers and Engineering teams to support the product vision and achieve strategic business objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years working as a Product Manager in a top-tier technology company
- 2 or more years managing and mentoring other product managers
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology or technical related field
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to roll up your sleeves and try different things with minimal direction
- 5 or more years product management experience in a successful SaaS organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing and releasing complex SaaS products
- Intimate knowledge of key Product Management Principles, Agile Scrum and UX Centered Design principles
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with Sr. Leaders and Executives
- Proven ability to build strong cross functional relationships
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, the drive to make that vision a reality, and technically credible to lead teams of world-class software developers
- Loves and understands technology. Stays up to day on competition and disruptors in the market
- Is organized, and can plan, forecast and manage a product backlog
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy. Technically credible to lead teams of world-class software developers
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influence multiple individuals, groups, and cross-functional relationships
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate and work with stakeholders across the organization
ABOVE AND BEYOND:
- 10+ years as a Product Manager in a top-tier technology company
- 5+ years managing and mentoring other product managers
- MBA or other graduate-level degree
- Certifications such as Scrum Master or PMP
- Experience handling enterprise-level clients/customers
- Track record driving and delivering large, complicated projects on time and within scope
- Demonstrated technical software abilities and insight
- Subject matter expertise in many different technology markets
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Works directly with direct reports to drive product development from conceptualization through launch - creating actionable plans, work streams, tactics and deliver on those in support of business KPI's
- Product manager for one or more product development teams
- Manages other product managers towards execution of the product roadmap
- Formulates complex business plans, analyzes the current competitive landscape, focuses on ROI and puts together a strategic product roadmap and pitch to the senior leaders in the company
- Manages the product roadmap for your strategic area, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Can operate under limited supervision is provided as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- Works with product marketing, design, engineering, project management, etc. to successfully deliver products to market
- Leverages data/analytics to make tactical and strategic product decisions
- Demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups
- Cultivates a deep understanding of the customer and work tirelessly to identify new opportunities to improve their experience
- Identifies unmet market needs that leverage MINDBODY technologies, strengths and market leadership
- Produces and manages usability studies, product metrics, competitive, customer and market analysis into product requirements in order to identify new opportunities
- Strives to be a subject matter expert in their strategic focus area(s) by identifying the challenges our customers' face and defines new opportunities to improve our customers' experience
- Builds business cases that satisfy significant market needs and revenue opportunities, is able and willing pitch business cases to senior management and elaborate on the "what" and "why"
- Has displayed an ability to control scope of large projects
- Removes business related roadblocks in order to ensure success product delivery on time and within scope
- Gathers customer feedback in order to determine future iterations. Compares planned success metrics to actuals and ladders up product performance
- Works closely with product marketing, sales, and marketing teams to build go-to-market plans as well as pricing, sales, and marketing strategy
Is focused on creating the best possible user experience while also managing ROI
4 weeks ago
Fender Digital is a division of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation ("FMIC") located in Hollywood, CA. Fender Digital Products is a new division making apps, websites, platforms and tools to compliment the guitars, amps and audio gear that Fender makes. We are looking for an accomplished Sr. Product Manager to join the team.
Fender, of course, is an American icon — born in Southern California and with a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it is a cultural symbol that resonates across fashion and entertainment circles as well.
Fender.com is our online hub of content, commerce, and consumer engagement for Fender enthusiasts worldwide. As a product manager on our Fender.com product team, you will be building teams, products, processes and go-to-market strategies for the products we make, starting with the "Product" of our culture itself. You'll work in close collaboration with the Fender.com product team and site director — and will marshal engineers, designers, marketing representatives, and external vendors toward successful project completion.
The role demands technical depth, principled and empathetic thinking, judgement and a refusal to settle at "just OK," innovative thinking, a high bar for quality and design and a mentality of starting with the "Player" and working backwards into experiences and products that make them better holistically.
You are the CEO of your own small startup that ships one product, with all that this entails.
- Internalize, contextualize and advocate the mission of the Fender brand and products into new digital products
- Drive and keep a cross-functional team focused on the goal of the end-product
- Be the arbiter of truth: collect, contextualize and drive decisions through data. Solicit feedback, explore the competitors
- Drive your cross-functional teams with a consistent set of KPIs and goals/objectives
- Drive innovative thinking in the team, pushing into new territory and capabilities. That means pushing engineers, designers and other team members further than they may be comfortable with, while providing them the three C's (context, clarity and coverage)
- Work with marketing and your team on go-to-market planning
- Monitor and measure products after launched as a part of the "Measure" and "Learn" portion of Lean product thinking.
- Clearly communicate roadmap, goals, findings, data (good and bad) to executives, stakeholders and the public at large. Be your own marketer
What we're looking for:
- 7-10 years experience delivering high quality, successful consumer internet/media products
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience with online communities: community management software, best practices, gamification techniques, etc.
- Excellent design, user experience instincts with an empathetic approach to customer development
- A desire for perfection in every aspect of what you make
- The ability to drive, motivate, support and earn the trust of cross functional teams
- A passion for driving "Makers" and being one yourself
- A great understanding of data and how to tell narratives from it
Bonus Points (not required, but all are strong pluses):
- Prior experience with:
- Internationalization and localization
- Launching digital products within a commerce vertical
- Working knowledge of the technical concepts and terminology associated with:
- e-Commerce platforms: Demandware / Commerce Cloud, Magento, etc.
- Prior experience in lifestyle or entertainment industry commerce.
- Excellent compensation package with incentives
- Guitars! Music!
- A brand new team: help set the culture of innovation at the world's best music brand
- Medical, dental, 401(k), food, drinks
- The computer of your choice (as long as its from Cupertino)
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world's leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Media Temple is seeking a Senior Project Manager to contribute to the success of our Fully Managed Cloud Hosting Services product on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service and project management for IT professional services at both a small business and enterprise level.
This position will be a member of a small, but critically important team, and needs to be a self-starter with the ability to think strategically and pragmatically to drive and improve both internal and customer-facing project workflows. A history in web hosting and an understanding of medium and enterprise businesses is preferred, but not entirely necessary. This position is based in Culver City, CA.
- Manage Cloud customer relationships from sales handoff onward, including providing regular project status communications, handling change order requests, and working with the Billing department to ensure the customer is accurately charged according to their respective proposal or statement of work.
- Prioritize the Cloud implementation backlog according to customer and business priorities on a day-to-day basis in collaboration with the Sales, Product, and Cloud Architect teams.
- Compile, manage and report on project metrics to business stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Represent the Cloud implementation team to the rest of the business. It is your job to ensure the Cloud implementation team is able to work at a sustainable pace, and to communicate the need to scale our resources when the time comes.
- Optimize both internal and customer-facing process flows to drive maximum efficiency and scalability across the organization.
- Manage vendor partnerships and relations.
- Stay up to date with the latest Cloud solutions & trends.
- A strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate compellingly and drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, and opinionated team.
Demonstrated experience managing high-stakes projects, preferably for AWS professional services.
- Impeccable English communication abilities. English as a second language is okay, but near-native speaking and writing abilities are required.
- At least one year of customer support experience. This can be indirect through a role that wasn't customer support focused, but involved supporting end customers, as well.
- The technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience compiling, analyzing, and summarizing project metric data.
- The ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- A pragmatic attitude that favors doing what works versus following the status quo.
- 5+ years in project management roles at technology/Internet companies or comparable.
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience working in an IT Consulting or Professional Services firm.
- Previous experience working in Linux system administration and Amazon Web Services.
- Jira power user. Former Jira administration experience a plus.
- Excel power user.
- Previous experience as an Agile Scrummaster (and CSM certification).
- PMP certification.
- Masters in Business Administration.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- 401(k) matching.
- "Freeloader" Lunch Friday's, bagel Monday's, and multiple stacked kitchens to keep the engine fueled.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Ping-pong, video game consoles, pool table, monthly happy hours, and other fun events (Yes the rumor is true, Snoop Dogg played at our Holiday party).
- No visa sponsorship available for this position.
About Media Temple
From its inception in 1998, Media Temple has helped web designers, developers, creative agencies and enterprises focus on successfully running and growing their business while we take care of all their hosting needs. Over 125,000 people and businesses in 100 countries rely on our people-powered web and cloud hosting solutions to host more than one million websites. Our premium service model combined with our scalable technology allows us to focus on delivering only exceptional quality solutions and best-in-class, award-winning 24/7 customer support. Our clients range from top tier designers, popular blogs and online creative communities, to global advertising agencies and major brands. With 230 dedicated, U.S.-based employees, Media Temple has been repeatedly recognized as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles.
Media Temple, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Media Temple, we're in the business of hosting great ideas. We're also in the business of building great careers! Isn't this where you really want to be? Apply today!
Los Angeles, CA
Tenable is more than 'just' the creator of Nessus. Our security solutions - including the first cloud-based platform, Tenable.io - are transforming global vulnerability management. We're a global team, powered by creative thinkers who are wired for action, focused on delivering results and collaborating to enable decisive actions to protect what matters most. We're in this together - colleagues, customers and partner communities working as One Tenable.
Can you join Team Tenable? Yes you can - if you're excited by the thought of working with over 700 colleagues, 20,000 customers and a range of revolutionary products that are shaping cybersecurity in 150 countries. Being valued for who you are as well as what you do, you can embrace the pace (we're recognized as one of the fastest growing security product companies by SC Magazine, Red Herring, Info Securities, Deloitte and E&Y) as well as enjoy a superb rewards package (we're seen as a Best Places to Work by Glassdoor, The Washington Post, The Baltimore Sun, The Baltimore Business Journal and Expert Marketplace). The key question is: Is This You?
Tenable Network Security is looking for a Product Manager. The Portfolio Product Manager will:
- Ensure all the products of the Tenable Portfolio are aligned with product strategy, product roadmap, and go-to-market plans.
- Perform project management tasks to make sure that development, product management, and product marketing groups are coordinated in the planning and delivery of roadmap items.
- Coordinate with R&D teams to understand resource availability, development activities and milestones, and dependencies between teams and products.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance, and dissemination of the product roadmap.
- Work closely with Development, Strategy, and Marketing to ensure alignment between the teams on plans, execution, and messaging.
- Participate in routine meetings with Support, Sales, Customer Care, Channel, and other departments to keep them informed about product changes.
- Be an active participant in the execution of go-to-market and launch activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience building or maintaining enterprise security products
- Broad knowledge of IT security markets and products
- Hands-on experience with enterprise system hardening and configuration best practices
- Hands-on experience with enterprise security practices
- Hands-on experience with REST APIs and scripting languages
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills
It is the commitment of Tenable to promote Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through adherence to equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state, and local levels to which Tenable is subject.
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu's mission is to help people find and enjoy the world's premium video content when, where and how they want it. As we pursue this mission, we aspire to create a service that users, advertisers, distributors and content owners unabashedly love. To support us in this mission we are searching for a Product Manager to help our viewers find what they are looking for in the Hulu experience. As the Search Product Manager at Hulu, you will be responsible for overseeing Hulu's end to end product strategy and roadmap, ideation, prioritization and developing processes for our search product, powering the Hulu experience across dozens of devices with different form factors and interaction models. The ideal Hulugan for this role should: Deeply understand Hulu's search and data technologies as well as user experience needs, communicate complex problems concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical people, and champion product quality by providing product direction to a large team of engineers and researchers . If you are someone who has a passion for solving user experience problems with innovative applications of advanced technology, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help millions of viewers find what they are looking for in Hulu's ever-growing catalog of TV Shows, Movies and clips
- Create and manage Hulu's multi-year roadmap for the search product, working closely with the user experience, content, marketing, finance and technology teams
- Set and align search experience goals within the product team and make quick and clear trade-off decisions when needed
- Drive search quality across all of our experience platforms by giving direction to a large team of engineers and researchers
- Empower our organizations with rich insights on what our viewer's are looking for
- Partner internally and externally to drive innovation in the Hulu experience
WHAT TO BRING
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Deep expertise in search technologies spanning query understanding, matching and ranking
- Experience with semantic search.
- Experience with giving direction to engineering and research teams solving complex problems using applications of machine learning.
- Proven experience and success in driving search quality for an industry leading consumer product.
- Great product intuition, backed by a track record of successful outcomes.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in both highly agile environments as well as large product development efforts
- Deep passion for TV and Movies, and the experience people have with each.
- Experience with TV platforms
- Experience with content analytics
Santa Monica, CA
Product Managers at ZipRecruiter drive strategy and roadmap development for our Employer, Job Seeker, and Operations product teams. You'll work side-by-side with developers, designers, and even our CEO to help millions of people each year either hire or get hired. You can't be afraid of rolling up your sleeves: we dive into every detail of our product, dig into analytics, talk to our customers, and make sure no job goes undone.
Candidates with all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Position title will be commensurate with experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Devise and present your vision, roadmap, and goals for your product or feature(s)
- Collect and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Write specs, manage project execution, A/B test, UI/UX wireframe, and define product roll-out strategy
- Utilize your unique product/technical skill set when working with our engineering team
- Collaborate with our in-house design agency to build products for our users
- Report your wins and losses in regular written and verbal presentations, occasionally directly to ZipRecruiter's founders and C-level executives
What we're looking for:
- Experience as a product manager, software engineer, analyst, or startup founder
- Proficiency working with Google Analytics or other web analytics platforms
- Ability to think on your feet and quickly grasp new concepts
- Solid teamwork and facilitation skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing projects based on the team's core metric
- Ability to communicate, with confidence, your product vision to key stakeholders in presentation format
- Proficient at analyzing data, providing projections, and communicating metrics to executives
- Product management experience at a startup a plus
- Technical background including knowledge of SQL or a UX background preferred
- Strategic - You can think like a business owner and identify opportunities to grow the business
- Collaborative - You work exceptionally well across all key functional areas including sales, engineering and marketing
- Self-Starting - You find new opportunities and aren't afraid to take risks
- Analytical - You use data to make product decisions and set priorities
- Efficient - You build minimum viable products, measure, learn, iterate in a fast-paced environment
- Hands on - You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting into the nitty-gritty
- Customer Centric - You focus on the customer experience, not simply building features
- A fun environment where work-life balance is valued
- Opportunities for advancement as our young startup grows
- Very competitive salary
- Generous bonus plan
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthy snacks
- Local gym discount
- Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world's best search algorithm for jobs.
All Jobs at ZipRecruiter http://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We're looking for a Product Manager to join Team Snapchat! Working with the Revenue Product team, you'll focus on helping our team ship the right products for Snapchatters and advertisers. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you'll combine the technical, design, and business worlds as you drive the sustainability and future of new ad products. In this role, you'll be tasked with breaking down complex problems, creating innovative solutions, and tracking business metrics. You'll work closely with the Design and Engineering teams to develop creative, unique, and thoughtful ad experiences. You'll also work closely with the Sales team and advertisers to solve business needs and bring new products to market.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside designers and engineers to create new features that captivate Snapchatters and advertisers
- Define business goals and own the results for your product area
- Plan and launch products that help our products create revenue, while being conscientious of their potential impact on the core Snapchat experience
- Establish a shared vision for your product across the company to keep all stakeholders on the same page
- Drive new strategic product decisions through the evaluation of market trends and meticulous retrospective and prospective analysis of product and revenue performance
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or engineering background strongly preferred
- 4+ years of product management or product design experience in mobile advertising or mobile app development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to own a business area with minimal instruction or oversight
- Someone who has worked with brands and agencies in the digital advertising space
- Familiarity with SQL and experience running your own data analysis
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
BCG Digital Ventures
Manhattan Beach, CA
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world's most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
We are getting ready to launch and scale a stealth Digital B2B Marketplace startup, ready to transform the recycling space. Financially backed and operationally supported by one of the largest family owned industrial goods companies in Europe and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $300 billion global recycling market, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional talent who will work the executive leadership team and own the end to end success of this disruptive startup.
As a Director of Product Management, you will use your skills to:
- Lead cross-functional teams and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders..
- Be an expert on our users to define the features and functionality in collaboration with designers and engineers. You are comfortable across platforms and know the right time to expand channels.
- Recruit, retain, and develop a world-class product management and design team
- Set the vision for product management and design, leading your cross-functional team to deliver great products within a lean environment
- Lead development of new functionality to support business goals (e.g., conversion, growth)
- Manage project and timelines from inception to launch
- Drive market research and competitive analysis to identify ways to transform the user experience
- Work with stakeholders across engineering, sales, business development, marketing, and finance
As a Director of Product Management, you will need:
5+ years of product management experience in building eCommerce products
2+ years of experience managing a product team
Proven track record of building product management strategies and high caliber teams from the ground up
Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
Discipline, strong organization skills, and detail orientation with a methodical approach to every project
Excellent sense of functional interface design, allowing you to work seamlessly with UX/UI design
(Preferred) MBA or graduate degree in a technical field a plus
(Preferred) Experience working in a high-growth tech company
(Preferred) Experience working with two-sided marketplaces
(Preferred) Experience working within the B2B space