1 day ago
Findmypast is in a period of sustained growth and expansion, both in the UK and the USA, as it looks to capitalise on the growing interest of consumers to understand their personal heritage and to leave a legacy for future generations of their family.
As a business built on data we have unique insight in to the past, unrivalled by companies like Google and Facebook and we are planning significant new product development in the coming months. In order to make that happen, we need a great product person to join our growing team in Dundee, Scotland whist working closely with our other offices in London.
The role of the Senior Product Manager is aimed at exploring, defining and executing on new business opportunities that create appeal to the user demographic.
This is a strategically important role and will require an exceptional individual who is driven, focussed, organised and has experience as part of a start-up team and is comfortable with that environment and associated needs and challenges.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Developing a deep understanding of unmet customer needs and related competitor offerings.
- Conceptualize solutions that are innovative and at the same time realistic to execute on
- Iteratively deliver those solutions to achieve validated learning towards product/market fit
- Defining hypotheses and the necessary metrics to enable validated learning
- Develop MVP strategies to enable rapid insight to be captured through the Build/Measure/Learn loop
- Regular reporting on progress/outcomes to ensure transparency and support for the efforts of the Product Management team
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience as a product manager in an external consumer facing role
- Prior experience of working with Solution Architects, external APIs and Partner organisations
- Strong understanding of technical strategy e.g. SSO, married with excellent Product Management skills
- Prior experience of working with uncertainty/ambiguity and forging a path forward nonetheless
- Working knowledge of Lean product management methodologies having used them within a recent role
- Ability to observe customer behaviour given a target segment and discern customer needs, desires and objectives (both functional and emotional)
- Ability to summarize customer needs and propose / design (in conjunction with a larger team) solutions the same
- Ability to prioritize solutions based on business impact and forecast outcome of the same.
- Past experience leading product and engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across cultures and time zones
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience as a product manager in an enterprise / B2B facing role
- Comfort working in a start-up or new business environment
- Previously worked in an outcome focussed Product Engineering team where experimentation is the norm
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitize and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU) and The British Newspaper Archive.
We're a passionate bunch of people who take pride in everything we do. Constantly innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history, we only hire the best people for the job. In return we offer a vibrant workplace with excellent perks and formal benefits.
1 weeks ago
We are searching for a smart and creative Senior Product Manager with strong analytical skills and a passion for travel to help us make a difference in Europe's travel industry.
Driven by our team of over 200 people from more than 40 different countries, GoEuro is changing the way we travel across Europe. With GoEuro you can compare and book trains, buses and flights to anywhere in Europe with one simple search, on mobile, app or desktop. By offering transparent pricing and easy booking, GoEuro makes travel planning simple, flexible and personal.
With over 500 European transportation partners across 12 countries, GoEuro is one of Europe's fastest growing travel companies backed by 10 million monthly users and the world's leading tech investors.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will...
- Think big! Partner across the business to define and develop a compelling product strategy.
- Own the short, medium and long term vision and execution for your product area across platforms.
- Working closely with Designers, you'll dig deep into user experience, making even the most mundane interaction a delightful experience.
- Drive a multi disciplinary team of world-class engineers and designers to deliver like clockwork with increasing quality.
- Continually strive to improve the experiences, being informed by instinct, usability research and product analytics.
- Have your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies, and assess their relevance to the mobile and desktop experiences and GoEuro user base.
- Work with Comms, Marketing and Business Development to ensure GoEuro is tuned into opportunities and maximises the impact of releases.
- Prepared to write specs, manage project execution, A/B test, wireframe, and define product roll-out strategies.
- Demonstrable experience managing and developing high volume B2C products – including defining product roadmaps and long term plans.
- You've worked as a Product Manager in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated on mass market applications.
- A storyteller, with experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications, and reports.
- Proven ability to influence decision making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
- A track record of partnering with Design and Research teams to drive continued product improvement.
- Ability to formulate clear hypotheses and derive actionable insights from large datasets.
- You have experience with agile development methodology.
- You've been in a product management role for a minimum of 5 years.
- An office in the centre of Berlin's thriving startup scene
- Flat hierarchies and everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Free lunches, yoga, German lessons and more
- Competitive compensation and relocation support
Are you the great Product Manager we are searching for?
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
2 weeks ago
CARTO is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest, most powerful data mapping engine ever. We have more than 200,000 loyal users and customers around the world. The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CARTO to bring their data to life.
As a key member of the CARTO team, the Product Manager will serve as the critical bridge between the business needs of our customers, our account teams, and the engineers who build products. Product Managers will work with sales teams and customers to understand current and future market needs as well as with engineering throughout the development process. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for bringing products to market and ensuring a successful execution of the product strategy.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office. Some travel will be required.
- Lead effort to develop new Location Intelligence products and features.
- Gather ideas/use cases, develop business cases, and create product specifications for these products.
- Participation in full software development lifecycle including requirements analysis and design, working closely with technical and product teams.
- Work closely with engineers along the entire development cycle to ensure requirements are understood and releases are delivered on time and on scope.
- Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our development projects.
- Work with Senior Management, Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Sales Operations, and Engineering to understand customer business requirements, define product vision and capture functional needs.
- Prioritize resource allocation based on competing priorities.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to ensure new capabilities are successfully brought to market.
- BA/BS ideally with Computer Science course work.
- 5 years prior business experience in a relevant technology domain.
- Familiarity with GIS or BI technology.
- Proven product management experience developing and integrating with web services APIs.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills with the ability to learn quickly and function in a do-it-yourself environment.
- Strong commercial insight, ability to develop both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment.
- Desire and willingness to be challenged and learn about new technologies as domains.
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- Experience with early stage companies.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Access to our Employee Stock Options Plan.
- Every Friday afternoon is Leapfrog time, where you will be working on whatever you like related to CARTO.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment in the center of Madrid.
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee and even a cinema :)
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you're uncertain about whether you have the experience we're looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
2 weeks ago
In Helsinki, you'll be using technology like machine learning, micro-services and messaging-based architecture on a scale you won't see many other places. Essentially, you'll be doing what Google does on the web (only you'll be doing it in games). What's more, your work will have a positive impact. It will help creators get paid for all their hard work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games. And it will give people the option to play for free by putting those ads in front of close to one billion gamers.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Unity Ads team in Helsinki. You will work closely with Engineering, Sales and Marketing to compile product requirements, manage the product roadmap and end-to-end delivery of product features. Your role will provide an objective and clear understanding of how our product is used, how it competes in the market, and how we can best help our game developers realize their creative visions.
To qualify, you should have a strong understanding of free to play gaming, monetization / mobile advertising and proven track record in product development either in a company creating mobile games or relevant BtoB software. We value prior experience in software engineering, services architecture and project management in fast growth company or a software startup. In addition to your strong understanding of product and technologies, you are a great communicator both in writing and in person and know how to work closely with software engineers to bring new services to market.
- Assemble product requirements from multiple sources (e.g. strategic planning, developer feedback, usability, sales, competitive assessment) understanding current and future customer needs
- Capture and technically document feature requests from an array of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Write use cases, functional specifications and other feature descriptions
- Participate our daily engineering work in a role of Product Owner
- Work with UX/UI designers to develop workflow diagrams, storyboards and wireframes
- Assist in building business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results
- Solid experience in product management and/or software engineering preferably in F2P games industry
- Experience in creation of new software products or services
- Technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineers
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Sound business judgment and ability to build business case around a product or service
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualisation and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn't enough to be able to do the job- we're looking for people that colour outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
3 weeks ago
- Using your creative flair for pioneering new ideas, you will work on the product strategy and road map, to further develop and initiate solutions or innovations
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the market, functioning as a contact for all product-relevant questions
- Specify the scope, function and positioning of our "Blizz" product, influencing product improvements and ensuring customer needs are covered
- Prepare business cases based on budget and cost specifications, as well as requirements forecasts
- Define and analyze relevant targets and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Articulate and present the product's customer value proposition to other departments and stakeholders
- Degree in computer science, business information technology, media information systems, software product management or a related field
- Several years of vocational experience in product management
- Preferably experience in the area of online meetings and collaboration
- Business level language skills in German and English
- Enthusiasm, motivation and a sense of responsibility combined with a strong team spirit
- Thanks to your excellent technical experience, you have the ability to think outside the box and quickly grasp complex relationships and concepts, while keep track of your responsibilities
What we offer
- International contact and cooperation, with the opportunity to make a difference in a friendly and motivated team
- Experience a fast-growing technology company in a highly innovative market environment; your contribution will result in on-going success in future digital markets
- An attractive workplace with state-of-the-art technology
- A well-established and dynamic company
- Plenty of creative freedom and the opportunity to make a difference as part of a great team
3 weeks ago
Due to unprecedented growth and demand, we are currently looking for a Technical Product Manager to own the HOW - playing a critical role in managing and evolving our Security Analytics product line.
If you relish the prospect of building an innovative market leading solution for the world's leading financial institutions, collaborating with top tier vendors from across the industry and working in an environment where you can realise your true potential, then this may be the role for you.
We are looking to welcome someone with domain expertise, a talent and passion for truly understanding our client's jobs and challenges, a proven ability to collaborate with agile engineering teams and a desire to encourage working smarter through increased automation, leveraging of new technologies and techniques.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced Agile product management team with strong industry credentials and massive potential for growth.
- Collaborate with Product Management lead for Security Analytics to understand the WHAT and play an active role in translating it effectively into the HOW.
- In Depth understanding of our target customer personas, needs and challenges
- Regular collaboration with Engineering to ensure our sprint based rapid feature development is optimized so we satisfy our target customers needs as effectively as possible.
- Create and maintain technical competitive analysis materials
- Play an active role in identifying key partners for technical integration and then play a leading role in collaborating with these partners to build world class, solution focused technical integration that solves our target customer's challenges in unique and compelling ways.
- Work with the broader Product Management team to ensure alignment of product strategy and resource allocation
- More internally focused, less externally focused.
- More requirements-driven, less problem-driven.
- More focused on the "how" to execute than on the "what" to execute.
Skills and Knowledge
- Come from a strong technical background (engineering, program management).
- Understanding of cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST or ISO 27001.
- On Agile teams, may work in a "Product Owner" or "Scrum-master" type role.
- Experience producing technical and non-technical documentation from ideation to completion.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the Information Security (compliance and risk) industry including awareness of new or improved solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new concepts and technology, while applying these concepts correctly and efficiently.
- Driven and responsible individual who seeks out opportunities for process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build relationships with subject matter experts in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Proven years in technical product management role, scrum master role or equivalent.
- Knowledge of technologies such as Wintel, UNIX systems, Firewalls
- Experience of working with packet capture and analysis.
- Experience with scripting languages, automation and integration, involving the likes of Powershell, BASH, Python, XML (SOAP), REST APIs.
- Broad-based IT background with the aptitude to quickly understand issues related to access control, authorization, encryption, business continuity, disaster recovery, networking, as well as information security
- Industry Certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH
- At least 2 years' experience in a Product Management role in a dynamic organisation
- Degree qualified, ideally in a technical discipline
- Exceptional verbal communication skills – able to convey complex ideas and solutions simply and persuasively to a variety of audiences
- Experience in the trade monitoring, surveillance or compliance software product space
- Strong knowledge of, and interest in, the global electronic trading landscape, including market structure, compliance, performance, asset-classes, market-data, Broker and Exchange operations, and high performance infrastructure.
- Consistent delivery of high-quality written communication material, ideally with graphical content where appropriate
- Commercial and Strategic analysis skills
- Strong sense of urgency and reactiveness
- Strong focus on process optimisation and drive to cut out superfluous activity
- Effective and audience-appropriate communication skills
- Challenge complexity to provide simpler solutions
- Commitment to objectives
- Flexible and adaptable to new work requirements and a positive attitude towards change
- Availability to travel to meet end clients globally- approximately 30% travel is expected
RapidMiner, the industry's #1 open source data science platform, is disrupting the industry by empowering all organizations to do real data science, faster and simpler. Our visually-based software accelerates the process of creating predictive analytics models and makes it easy to get the results embedded in business operations. For more information, visit www.rapidminer.com.
We are looking for a driven Product Manager/Product Owner to join and lead efforts in developing our Cloud based data science and predictive analytics platform.
You will have the opportunity to work in a growing start-up with a key role in shaping our next generation advanced analytics products for public and private cloud deployment with a focus on productivity and user experience for analysts and data scientists.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that has already delivered a market leading product used by the largest data science community.The challenge is to take this success to the next level in - user experience, computational power, and scale of cloud technologies.
You will work together with world-class product leaders, designers, and engineers in a fast moving and product focused team to deliver innovative and commercially successful products. Your role includes:
- Product management – engage with stakeholders, customers, prospects, and analysts to develop strategy, roadmaps, release plans, go-to market, packaging, and pricing to ultimately deliver the right products.
- Product Owner – backlog management, write epics and user stories, and set priorities.
- Drive and work closely with design and engineering in an agile product discovery process that engages closely with end users and tests concepts, mock ups, and prototypes to find the best solutions.
- Internal and some external product marketing to educate and promote the products.
Skills and Experience
- 2 or more years of Product Management and Product Owner experience in an agile/scrum process.
- Track record managing Web/Cloud based products as a Product Owner.
- Experience working on products for analytical, technical, or scientific users.
- Analytical skills and experience. Preferably in advanced analytics like machine learning and data science work. But, analysis of business or technical data using other tools like Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, or ETL tools/SQL, and Excel is sufficient.
- English language fluency – Hungarian or German is not essential but is a plus.
Additional Qualities We Are Looking For
- Passion for design excellence, usability & user experience in products.
- Knowledge of and passion for scrum and agile software development methodologies.
- Sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Enjoy running ideas, mock ups and prototypes by customers and new users.
- Experience in using standard tools in the product management/ development environment, such as Jira.
- Collaborative, team oriented, yet able to lead and drive as the PM and PO for the product.
- Like data driven decision making.
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.
Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a Product Manager!
Booking.com is the world's leading accommodation site, but boasts a small, start-up feel. Our vision is to provide the best accommodations at the best prices for all our travellers, no matter what their travel purpose or budget may be. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in our 855,000+ accommodations worldwide, our mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for product owners to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis and take our product to the next level.
As Product Manager, you will work diligently with designers, developers, copywriters and other Product Managers to make our traveller's journey through both our site and their destination easier.
Be the voice of the customer and the driving force behind product innovation from in-depth product understanding to feature development through experimentation.
- Identify customers behaviours and needs through research and analysis.
- Take full ownership of the product, the prioritisation of new features and enhancements to existing features.
- Empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
- Analyse, understand and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Thrive to achieve optimal implementation of changes made to the product.
Who you are:
Be humble. Be yourself.
- User focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Data driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem solving.
- Eager to learn and aware that valuable information can come from both positive and negative results through experimentation.
- Passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Open minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
- 5+ years experience working with web based companies.
- Experience with web analytics software such as Google analytics.
- Familiarity with A/B testing or other multivariate testing.
- Previous involvement with high traffic (50,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites.
- Knowledge and experience in conversion optimisation, digital marketing, UX design and/or consumer psychology and research is a plus.
What's in it for you?
The Product Manager position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Trainings, monthly hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.