3 weeks ago
We are rapidly expanding into the Email Marketing space with a new product called Marketing Campaigns. We're seeking a talented and experienced Principal Product Manager to help us grow our Marketing Campaigns product into a dominant Email Marketing business.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Understand your target users through interviews, usage data, support tickets and other sources to understand their problems, and validate solutions to their most compelling problems
- Champion a customer-first and metrics-driven approach to product management
- Lead a cross-functional team from initial evaluation of ideas through the product development process to deliver products and experiences that our customers love and value
- Prioritize and communicate a problem and opportunity backlog for the Marketing Campaigns product line
- Partner with engineering leads to deliver projects via an Agile development process
- Partner with marketing, customer success, support and sales to launch new capabilities and track their results against SendGrid' business goals
- Communicate your projects internally to the company, to our customers, and to partners
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of your responsibilities
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably with some professional experience serving Marketers
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your customers and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems. You thrive in front of customers, partners, and analysts and use every external interaction to help inform your product decisions.
- Strategic – You absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve. You are able to make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis and then communicate those decisions inside and outside of SendGrid
- Git 'er Done – You are comfortable serving as a product manager within an Agile environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements to engineering with credibility and conviction. You are "hungry" and drive highly productive outcomes across the cross-functional teams you lead
- Cross Functional Leader – You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported. You communicate clearly and crisply. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
4 weeks ago
Tendril is a leading provider of energy-focused consumer engagement, energy management, and data analytics solutions across to the utility industry. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead product development for Tendril's Behavioral Energy Efficiency solution.
Our Product Managers are key leaders at Tendril who drive a product vision based on business objectives, market expertise, and insights into energy consumer needs. We are looking for entrepreneurial Product Managers who will lead product development from exploration to delivery – collaborating with highly skilled data scientists, engineers, designers, and others along the way.
The person that accepts this challenge will be a member of the Product Management team and will report to the Director of Product. He or she will have an immediate impact on Tendril's development efforts, market position, and revenue.
What You'll Do:
- Manage direction of all phases of a product from definition through development and release.
- Formulate and execute long-term planning for their product(s).
- Create / refine the product positioning and definition.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure that cohesive solutions are built across Tendril's platform.
- Maintain responsibility for collecting, filtering and disseminating requirements through the various touch points for specific product(s). Is accountable for monitoring the development lifecycles of specific product(s) as well as maintaining product positioning and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Solutions Marketers on market research; monitor competitive activity, identify customer needs and use this information to drive product roadmap and supporting development activities.
- Use Agile methodology to coordinate cross-functional product development and deployment that is consistent with Tendril's SaaS offerings.
- Conduct and communicate product competitive analysis in a way that ensures the broader organization is educated not only on Tendril's offerings, but those of our competitors.
- Prepare, in collaboration with the marketing team, launch collateral materials like data sheets, press releases, overview brochures, technical briefs and other launch materials.
- Interface with other leaders within the organization to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives. Be the primary leader and decision maker on operational matters as it relates to the product's direction and ensures product goals and objectives (both internal and external) are met or exceeded.
- Lead cross-functional team activities to ensure product goals and deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Act as technical advisor for Tendril's customers through pre and post sales activities. This includes, but is not limited to, working directly with customers to solicit input on current and future product offerings as well as conducting more structured product analysis.
- Participate in product launch events and relevant trade shows and, when appropriate, serves as product spokesperson.
- Support the sales team in understanding and defining customer solutions on a deal-by-deal basis.
- Able to lead an engaging end-to-end product demonstration and talk to the strengths and competitive differentiators of the product line.
What You Bring to Tendril:
- Five years experience shipping great products for a leading consumer, SaaS, or enterprise software company
- Ability to write and express complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to drive initiatives and ideas
- Experience with Agile development
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to be decisive and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Engaging and personable
- Understanding of behavioral energy efficiency is a bonus
- Understanding of the utility industry is a bonus
- MBA or entrepreneurial experience is a bonus
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril's high energy, challenging, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed.
Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. Walking meetings along Boulder Creek Path, early morning hikes in the foothills, mountain challenges to climb a fourteener, running the Bolder Boulder, and cutthroat ping-pong tournaments keep us fresh and passionate about Tendril. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and company parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor.
Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative paid time off policy with no limit to vacation or personal days;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team.
Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh.
4 weeks ago
Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services start-up, located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that make decorating your home simple, affordable and accessible for everyone.
Havenly is interior design for real people. As our Head of Product you will focus on guiding product strategy and creating the roadmap that leads to the most delightful consumer experiences. Our ideal candidate is passionate about consumer-facing products, has experience in building impactful and beautifully designed products, and has led teams to success ideally in a startup or eCommerce environment.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the strategy, evolution, and growth of the Havenly product and consumer experience.
- Own the roadmapping process, ensuring alignment with product vision, brand positioning, and corporate strategic objectives
- Lead cross functionally to set strategic goals, ensure appropriate prioritization, and align resources to execute on tactical roadmaps.
- Define success metrics and track, analyze, and report on key performance indicators
- Maintain a deep understanding of eCommerce and home furnishings/design industry, and leverage that understanding to inform product decisions and business strategy
- Lead communication and connection to product vision and strategy throughout the company.
- Manage and mentor our talented and passionate Product Management team to ensure growth, interesting challenges, and excellence in our high-performance culture
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years in product management, preferably in a consumer facing eCommerce company.
- Demonstrated success in thinking big and launching new and innovative products that set new standards in user experience
- Insane attention to detail and the ability to toggle between high-level, long-term strategies and ground-level, next-step tactics effortlessly
- Product management experience in both startup and established company environments - having intuition around "picking up a shovel" when necessary, and at the same time knowing what success at scale looks like.
- A technical background that fosters communication with a fast moving engineering team
- Product intuition - strong instincts about what makes great product
You'll love this role if...
- You've developed and led high performance, customer-obsessed consumer product teams.
- You're a seasoned player / coach who can roll up their sleeves and jump in where needed.
- You're inventive, and your vision far transcends what is visible today.
- You have a track record of building and launching massively successful products that customers love.
- You're an entrepreneur. You see ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
What we offer:
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and feel your impact
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!
- At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.