3 weeks ago
Product Manager to join our close-knit and amazingly talented product team. The ideal candidate is skilled at synthesising qualitative and quantitative inputs from multiple sources. They are a smart and deliberate decision maker, with a passion for creating superior products. They know how to get things done and can drive the development of new product features from vision to launch.
About the Gig:
- Continuously work with our customers to understand the problems they are trying to solve
- Work with internal customers (sales, customer success, operations) and ensure their insights contribute to product decisions
- Create meaningful signals from our metrics and use them to inform our design decisions
- Be an expert in the education technology sector; be able to identify key trends to drive the company's product roadmap
- Collaborate with our design team to come up with wireframes and UI
- Work with the Dev team to write stories and plan and manage sprint work
- Communicate new product releases to internal and external customers
- 3+ years experience as a product manager for a B2C web application
- Engineering/Computer Science background so you can effectively communicate with engineers about product details and technical options
- Deep empathy towards customers
- An analytical, meticulous, detail-obsessed mindset
- Belief in data-driven design and ability to work with various analytics platforms to help inform and validate design decisions
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills, with an ability to persuade and galvanize others behind the product and your vision
- Solid project management skills
- Experience working in an agile dev environment
About Top Hat:
Top Hat's interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating profitably since its 2009 launch with $22 million in venture capital funding.
The life of a Top Hatter comes with some awesome perks:
- An altruistic spirit. We have an outstanding company culture and super smart teams that genuinely care about each other.
- Lunch and awesome snacks are provided daily.
- Competitive benefits package including health and lifestyle benefits.
- A sense of pride and purpose. We are one of the top education technology companies in North America - named one of the Top 50 Companies to watch by Deloitte and voted Techvibes Best Startup in Canada for 2017!
- If this sounds like the big step you want to take, we'd love to start the conversation and tell you more about what makes Top Hat a great place to work. Apply here or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
4 weeks ago
Are you someone who is always thinking about ways to build better products? Do you have 3-5 years of experience in product management, defining software and leading teams to bring to life the product you envision? Work Market is looking for a talented, initiative-taker who is ready to own your product area from definition to release to customers. You will be the product owner of an agile scrum team and collaborate with engineering, user experience, sales, and marketing to ensure successful market adoption and business growth. Help disrupt the world of work and make the promise of on-demand labor a reality.
Product Manager responsibilities:
- Lead a scrum team for your functional area in the end-to-end, Software-as-a-Service delivery of the feature set that you define
- Drive requirements gathering and validation by collaborating with internal stakeholders and driving product research with customers
- Communicate on product context and priorities with your team to ensure a shared understanding of goals
- Develop product specifications, plan releases, and conduct ongoing grooming with your scrum team
- Integrate usability studies, user research, and market analysis on an ongoing basis to ensure features satisfy customer needs
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, removing obstacles, and enabling your team to increase velocity and deliver their best
- Nourish a collaborative agile environment by encouraging the sharing of ideas and an openness to feedback and learning
- Develop and track metrics to measure success
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and service to ensure a successful release
- Coordinating with other product managers and designers to ensure a cohesive user experience across the Work Market platform
Requirements for this position include:
- 3-5 years of experience in a product management role
- In-depth experience in at least one of the following areas:
- UI / UX with a strong emphasis on web based or mobile apps
- Enterprise SaaS software (ideally including API design)
- HR technology / payroll solutions or relevant experience within the staffing industry
- Internationalization of SaaS software, multilingual a plus
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements, creating specifications, and organizing resources
- Comfortable working with cross functional groups, including engineering, user experience, marketing, sales, and service
- Ability to work autonomously with distributed teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Strong technical abilities with the ability to work closely with engineers on requirements and design (previous development experience a plus)
- Ability to define appropriate metrics and use that data to improve the user experience
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Bachelors or masters degree in an engineering or business related field preferred
About Work Market
Work Market is the great enabler for the modern work experience. We were founded in 2010 with a simple yet ambition vision: to power the future of work. We help some of the biggest companies in the world unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth. Join us, and experience work the way it should be. Learn more at www.workmarket.com.
4 weeks ago
Do you want to learn and grow with an amazing team? Are you a passionate A-player who strives to exceed expectations daily?
LookBookHQ builds software that accelerates B2B purchase decisions. By delivering more of the content people need about you and your products or services whenever and wherever they click, the LookBookHQ Intelligent Content Platform helps marketing & sales organizations educate prospects and customers faster and more efficiently.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Developers, Product Designers, Senior Leadership team, Marketers, Customer service and most importantly, in collaboration with customers, create winning products.
- Own a major area of the product and/or a group of features end-to-end.
- Be responsible for the complete product management lifecycle from customer discovery, ideation, prototyping, testing and then the development of the product in an agile software environment.
- Own the backlog including daily prioritization, grooming, writing user stories and generally keeping the dev team unblocked and running as fast as possible.
- Create sound hypotheses for any new product development and ensure we're building out things that make sense with the right degree of investment.
- Use analytics to make key product decisions.
- Participate in collecting feedback from users and translating these finding into product development.
- Retire product features that no longer make sense.
- Shape the ongoing product roadmap.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- Past experience working on a data-centric/analytics related product (strongly preferred).
- Past experience delivering large, complex software projects in an agile environment.
- Solid understanding of lean startup.
- Solid understanding of agile (scrum/kanban).
- Solid understanding of Product Analytics tool (such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Pendo).
- Solid stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work independently and sift through ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field required (Engineering, CS, Math, Physics, etc.)
- Past experience in the B2B space.
- You have experience with data visualisation.
- You have experience with MarTech and integrations.
- Past experience/training in a UX capacity.
The position is located in downtown Toronto.
Why Work at LookBookHQ?
This is where we get to boast a little about why we're awesome and why it would be awesome for you to work with us. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, LookBookHQ is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity. We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our newly renovated open concept office promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Weekly all-hands meetings, team lunches, company events and a quarterly Founders' Award for the team member who best embodies our values - these are all cherries on top of the LookBookHQ cake!
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
If you believe you have the right stuff to be a LookBooker, apply below. Attach your resume and a short cover letter telling us why you are the right person for this job! We are marketers, so feel free to let a bit of your personality come through.
LookBookHQ is an equal opportunity employer.
We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. LookBookHQ is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
STAT Search Analytics
You're a natural project manager, highly meticulous, and your passion lies in growing great products.
You're not expected to be a developer, but you've got the technical chops to hold your own with architects and engineers. You have a proven ability to understand the effects of technical decisions on project scope and timelines. With your methodical approach to prioritization, you successfully advocate for our product and are always dedicated to a top-notch delivery to our clients.
- Partner with our Data Services (DS) and Infrastructure and Escalations (IE) teams to coordinate multiple projects ensuring that they execute smoothly and effectively, recommending process improvement to increase engineering teams' efficiency.
- Gather requirements and collaborate with stakeholders to initiate, define, and prioritize multiple strategic projects and shepherd them from concept to launch.
- Be our Data Services product champion and drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across teams.
- Establish and maintain frameworks to streamline our prioritization process for DS and IE, including incoming issues from the Client Success team and a project/task backlog.
- Create and refine processes and frameworks for regular IE projects such as historical imports and custom reports.
- Run effective meetings that are essential from the product side of SDLC, including business and functional requirement gathering, and specification review.
- Communicate changes to timelines and scope of projects to the Director of Product, and other key stakeholders.
- Be our product expert as it relates to the ever-changing search engine landscape (i.e. Google, Bing, Baidu).
- Monitor and communicate analytically the success of features launched by our DS and IE teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Product/Project Management, facilitating solutions between business and technical teams.
- Comfortable with relational databases like MySQL, and NoSQL databases such as Mongo, DynamoDB, Cassandra and/or other DB query languages.
- Practical experience working within an agile development process.
- Demonstrated ability to independently gather and turn business requirements into technical requirements and drive discussions among multiple technical teams to scope and schedule effort.
- Ability to assist in discussions involving formulation of pragmatic solutions accounting for priority and availability of resources.
- Strategic thinker who can create, manage, execute, and report on a solid plan of action.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks and problems with a tenacity to finish what you start.
Gold stars if you have:
- A deep understanding of online marketing, specifically SEO.
- A working knowledge of core distributed systems infrastructure concepts including databases, data pipelines, VMs and queue based distributed work frameworks.
- Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Spark with Python or Scala
- Scripting (Shell, Python, Ruby)
- Database fundamentals (MySQL, Mongo)
- ELK (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana)
We're a Vancouver-based software company that's been growing steadily over the last five years, with no signs of slowing down. Our product is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day.
STAT is privately owned and 100 percent revenue-funded, with a roster of happy clients that includes some of the world's largest online companies. We work with some of the coolest brands in the world. Check them out at http://getstat.com/our-clients.
A few side benefits of working here:
- Three weeks paid vacation, plus everyone gets an extra two-week paid vacation leading up to New Year's Day.
- Shorter summer hours to take advantage of that elusive Vancouver sunshine.
- Free gym memberships.
- Medical package including dental, optometry, prescriptions, massage, and physio.
- A relaxed and welcoming work environment.
- Opportunities for travel, further education, and career growth.
- Flexible hours.
- And more! Ask us about the rest.
Some reasons why you'd want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what's valued—not long hours (a good work-life balance is just how we do things).
- You'd like to work somewhere where you can wear your old hoodie—or your crisp new suit—and nobody is going to mind.
- You're looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are easy-going, friendly, and helpful.
- Want to see more? Check us out on Instagram.
The 500px team is looking for a hands-on, Sr. Product Manager to drive our Membership products forward. As a growth stage company, we are looking for someone who is comfortable wearing multiple hats to ensure the membership products we build and iterate on are incredibly valuable to our photographer community. The right candidate is an analytical, product-oriented person who is entrepreneurial and comfortable with the roller coaster ride of a start up. A passion for the product and owning quality and experience is a must.
Your performance will be measured by both the impact of the initiatives you launch and by the extent to which you enhance the productivity of a high-performing, cross-functional team that includes counterparts in engineering, design, R&D, growth, marketing, etc.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead in a Cross Functional Environment: Provide direction across multiple functions.
- Mentor, support and directly manage a team of 2 Product Managers.
- Lead fully cross-functional (marketing, engineering, product, data and design) agile feature teams to execute on product strategy.
- Have Vision: Work with Head of Product to define product vision and strategy.
- Translate business strategy into product strategy.
- Rally team toward common vision.
- Perform customer development to identify new opportunities.
- Take Responsibility: Own the health of the existing product.
- Identify and monitor critical business metrics daily.
- Provide weekly reporting to exec staff on initiatives.
- Own The Roadmap: Manage roadmap and feature prioritization and execution.
- Perform ruthless prioritization to keep our team focused.
- Maintain and execute our product roadmap effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with our Director of Engineering to prioritize and lead weekly demos of functionality and share lesson learned across the org.
- Be Close to the Customer and Product: Understand 500px's target market better than anybody else.
- Be a 500px power user and dog-fooder.
- Regularly participate in user interviews, focus groups, and photo walks.
- Conduct Experiments...A Lot: Use multivariate testing to prove or disprove product ideas and share insights with the team.
- Monitor and measure success metrics after any launches. Incorporate feedback into the product development process.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- 7+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology products that you are proud of
- Demonstrated experience in managing a both mobile and web products from end-to-end, from discovery to delivery to ongoing refinement and optimization
- Experience using lean startup and agile principles to develop product market fit
- Empathy: for 500px users and teammates
- Grit: when the need arises you are willing to work through messy details with your team to achieve success; you persevere when others fall away
- A bias towards action: the ability to cut through any issue, identify the salient points, and rally a team around addressing them
- High standards: for yourself, your work, and your colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills
- Track record balancing making decisions using data vs creative vision
- Experience with analytic tools and SQL an asset
- A love of photography