The growth team is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of data scientists, engineers, mathematicians, statisticians, physicists and product managers. We are currently expanding our growth team and are seeking Product Managers. Freelancer Product Managers set strategy, track and own their numbers, and build innovative products. They thrive on data, and love to push the boundaries of web products - it's all in a day's work growing the world's largest online outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace.
This product manager, paired with our data science team, would be focusing on our under-optimised products or helping new users ramp up to fully-engaged users.
Your roles and responsibilities will involve:
- Leverage data to isolate opportunities for us to optimize critical growth flows and user paths.
- Experience in working with marketing and customer service teams to plan launches and plan upgrades of products, and to identify opportunities.
- Proven experience in coming up with business ideas, concepts, and bringing them to market.
- Pair that deep data driven understanding with surveys, focus groups or whatever qualitative tools are most useful to understand those opportunities.
- Drive projects that will directly increase conversion rates and overall Freelancer growth and revenue.
- Work on core Freelancer products like projects, crowdsourced contest and the digital goods marketplace.
- Understand Freelancer's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
You will need to have:
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related). MS or PhD a plus.
- SQL or scripting skills.
- Ability to process and analyze complex data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions.
- Deep understanding of the web user experience (e.g. pricing strategy, technology, user flow).
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces - ability to create wireframes and mock ups.
- If you are a high achiever with the talent we are looking for then please do not hesitate to apply.
At Canva, we're transforming the way the world designs. Our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone. But making design simple is not easy and we need to continue to build a world-class team to pursue the many huge opportunities in front of us. So if you want to play a key role in one of the world's fastest growing startups, this job could be for you.
- Drive the build out of features for specific verticals and user groups — from individual users, to small-mid sized businesses, all the way up to enterprise-level
- Be responsible for executing product strategy, road-mapping, and prioritisation as the product grows and expands into multiple tiers of service
Reduce churn by developing special offerings for both individual users as well as teams — with packaged and tailored content and functionality and features
- Lead and optimise marketing and growth efforts on Canva for Work — including overseeing the website, marketing collateral, weekly email campaigns, user behaviour analysis
- Manage projects and work cross-functionally with UI / UX specialist, designers, software engineering, growth and marketing, and the founders to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to our Canva for Work users
- Lead and mentor other product managers — we expect Canva for Work to grow into a group of teams serving various verticals — from SMB to large organisations — the person hired for this role should demonstrate the ability to lead and hire other product managers who can grow their own teams
- A demonstrated 4+ years of experience in a product management role; preferably for a SaaS product or related online software product with experience across the full product development lifecycle from inception -> development -> release... and beyond!
- Experience driving cross-functional teams across software engineering, UI/UX, growth, and sales with fundamental understanding of how things work within those domains
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills — your interpersonal skills need to be pillow-soft and tactful to thrive in Canva's open and collaborative environment — allowing you to channel multiple points of view into solutions, which translate into big wins for the Canva for Work and the wider business
- Be a master of resourcefulness — having a demonstrated ability to think laterally, solve complex problems, and pull proverbial rabbits out of proverbial hats when the need arises
- Have a familiarity with Lean concepts and methodologies, including customer development, hypothesis-driven planning, evidence-led product design, and general data-driven decisioning
- A demonstrated ability to lead — you'll start with a modest team but as you grow within the business you may be the one growing the whole product management function within Canva
- You must demonstrate your ability to be commercial — understanding the importance of growth, activation, and retention with respect to the platform and how that translates into more revenue
- While we won't be taking any blood samples, we'd love to see some Startup DNA — you will need to be be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes — ya gotta have hustle!
- Equity in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chefs — check out their work: https://instagram.com/canvavibe
- Company trips
- Relocation & Visa assistance
About the job
Canva for Work is Canva's flagship subscription product, making it easy to create beautiful on-brand marketing materials, presentations and graphics for every organisation. Since launching Canva for Work in August 2015, the product has grown to become a significant source of Canva's revenue. Canva as a platform has grown 25x over in the past two years alone!
Working alongside Canva's founders, designers, and engineering team — you will continue to drive the growth and expansion of the product. You will be executing as well as developing new product and growth strategies to ensure Canva's paid offering continues to thrive by rolling out features that suit the needs of different users — ranging from individual bloggers looking for a bit more horsepower to large enterprise customers looking to roll out consistent branding guidelines and templates across their organisations.