2 days ago
- Grow a new SaaS product within a leading online business for designers and creatives
- Work closely with a cross-functional, customer-centred and remote-friendly team
- Get exposure to a wide range of skills and practices in a small team
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is the leading marketplace for creative assets and creative people.
With more than 300 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $400 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our platforms to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more.
Recently, JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015 and 2016 BRW Awards.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we're also growing really fast!
What you'll be doing
You'll be leading the Product function for Envato Sites, an ambitious new SaaS product being developed by a small, customer-centered team within Envato. You'll work closely with our customers, designers, developers and other parts of the wider Envato business to identify high value work that grows our product towards agreed goals and timelines. Regular activities and responsibilities will include:
- Customer & competitive research to identify new requirements & opportunities
- Help the team plan, schedule and deliver successful new versions of the product
- Communicate our progress and important changes to customers and stakeholders
- Review the performance of previous initiatives to inform future priorities
Triage issues and prioritise smaller enhancements
- Ensure the team are always working on the highest priority work
- Maintain and communicate a roadmap and product vision in close collaboration with Envato's leadership
- Work with analytics and other teams to identify key metrics that measure and monitor the performance of the product
What we're looking for
- More than three years experience managing or delivering products online businesses, with a proven track record of delivering products that delighted users and meet defined business objectives (preferably in a product role, or with transferable experience in related roles)
- Familiarity with UX and customer research best practices
- Familiar with Agile practices and a culture of continuous improvement
- Track record of great working relationships in cross functional project teams (especially designers and developers, would speak highly of working with you)
- Comfortable working in remote-friendly or remote-first teams, where co-workers may be in another location and timezone
- Proficient at using analytics insights to positively influence the direction of a product
- Experience consulting with and influencing senior stakeholders with diverse skills and responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience working towards a big picture in smaller, well-considered increments that increase value, knowledge and confidence
- Motivated to be part of building world class products for a global creative community
- Good commercial orientation enabling you to make pragmatic trade offs and fast decisions when prioritising for your product
- A diplomatic driver of outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with web technologies (HTML/CSS) and implementing online marketing campaigns highly desirable
- Customer centred with a clear alignment to Envato's values
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions - we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
3 weeks ago
As the leading Marketing Technology company in Australia - and one of the top performers globally - Campaign Monitor is a fast growing product company dedicated to making our customers heroes through innovative products and data driven marketing tools.Having recently landed a huge round of funding - the first in 10 years of exponential growth - we're scaling our platform and our product teams in new and exciting ways, and looking for experienced, passionate people to join us on the rocket ride.If you're excited by things like machine learning, predictive technologies, big data analytics, marketing automation and behavioural data then we'd love to hear from you. As a Senior Product Manager you'll be involved in the vision, strategy and build of the Campaign Monitor platform of the future. It's a unique opportunity to get involved in a rapidly scaling team that still has the energy and agility of a startup.To top that off, we've got a killer office in the heart of Sydney with 360 degree views of the harbour. This coupled with a laid back Australian culture, regular team activities, and 5 star meals prepared by our in-house chefs three times a day means that you'll definitely enjoy coming into the office every day . We've also been awarded as a Top Place to Work from year to year.
What you'll be working on
- Define the product strategy for key parts of Campaign Monitor and manage the priorities throughout their planning, development, release and beyond.
- Deeply understand the needs of our awesome customers.
- Lead the product team through rapid product experimentation cycles, to discover new products and features our customers will love.
- Be the voice of the customer (both current and future) in all aspects of the product development and delivery process.
- Collaborate with functional groups across the company to deliver an awesome product including design, engineering, operations, marketing and support.
- Keep one eye on our fast moving market to ensure we remain well positioned.
- 5+ years of successful product management experience at a software startup or SaaS company; Previous entrepreneurial experience strongly considered.
- BA or BS from a competitive college or university; MBA preferred.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles as they relate to web applications. Bonus for work experience in UI/UX design.
- Proven track record for developing, managing, and launching large-scale web-based software products.
- Strong technical and data-analysis skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering new products and features iteratively.
- Familiarity with various aspects of Lean methodologies, including customer development, hypothesis-driven planning, and evidence-led product design.
- Experience working in a data-driven environment, ideally with both qualitative and quantitative research experience.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in a non-traditional entrepreneurial team-based environment.
- Experience with agile development methodologies a plus.
3 weeks ago
Help reinvent the way businesses communicate and understand people by building remarkable and simple product that our customers love. As a Product Manager you will work amongst our product team to collaboratively plan, build and launch thoughtful product experiences that simplify the way people connect with their customers. You will help manage objectives from conception to delivery with a continued focus on incremental improvements. You won't believe in shipping junk but you will have a bias towards action and decision making. Metrics will be your guide to successful features and functionality and you will measure, track and test everything.
- Become a power user of the product and thoroughly understand our customer base;
- Talk to customers often to understand their pains, frustrations and loves;
- Document user feedback, internal feedback and develop plans to take action;
- Help form, plan and set goals for product roadmap objectives;
- Have a technical skillset to talk confidently with and work closely with engineering;
- Work closely and collaborate with UI and UX design to create product and features;
- Design wireframes, write specifications, user stories and manage product execution against goals;
- Research APIs and other technical specifications to ensure functionality is achievable;
- Be the voice of the user and business during product and feature development;
- Help set product and feature KPIs, measure, interpret and use data to improve;
- Support the UX designer during user testing and user feedback sessions;
- Work with product marketing to ensure the smooth rollout of new features and product;
- Communicate product objectives internally and externally when required.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to talk to and understand our customers and the market landscape;
- Proven experience (with multiple examples) of product management experience and results obtained;
- 3-5 years of professional work experience as Product Manager or similar;
- Experience working in a product team on one product consistently;
- Knowledge and proven usage of tools used to monitor product usage KPIs;
- Strong understanding of user research techniques and user behavior;
- Ability to analyze and understand business and application requirements, prioritize and identify user tasks and goals;
- Ability to communicate clearly and work across the product team.
Perks of being an Autopilot-er:
- Work on a product that helps thousands of people create remarkable marketing experiences;
- Join a team of remarkable, smart, innovative and social people (here is proof: https://www.instagram.com/autopilot_hq/)
- Travel and learn: training / team bonding in our San Francisco office;
- Generous paid time off and the ability to occasionally work from home or remotely;
- Great technology setups: 4k monitor, whatever computer you need to get it done;
- Bike parking, showers and unlimited coffee from a local cafe;
- Long term opportunities to grow with continued learning.
The SEEK Group are committed to helping people live more fulfilling and productive working lives and helping organisations succeed. To deliver on this vision we need to have great digital products focssued on helping jobseekers and hirers connect, live in all our international markets.
The Senior Product Manager – International role has two primary areas of focus;
Firstly, working directly with an Agile delivery pod in Kuala Lumpur, and in partnership with product teams across SEEK and our global businesses in Mexico, Brazil, China and South East Asia, to own and drive delivery of awesome global product initiatives our customers love.
Secondly, building strong and lasting relationships with each of our local product teams, being often a thought partner – sometimes and execution partner – in the formation of their product roadmap and in their product discovery processes.
We are looking for a talented product practitioner who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity, thrives on the challenge of stretching themselves to wear multiple hats where required to get to the best outcome, and has a strong track record of shipping solutions that have really made a difference.
Reporting into the Head of Product – International, the role will be based in Melbourne but will require international travel (c~15% of time working from outside of Australia).
- build relationships and support local Product teams
- play a key role in formulating and delivering the global product roadmap
- own and manage the product backlog for key streams in our Global Delivery Pod, playing the role of Product Owner in a scrum environment. You will be required to write crystal clear user stories and be a master planner.
- raise the bar through excellent Product Discovery. You are able to find the very best solutions to the hardest problems to solve.
- drive tangible results by facilitating collaboration between teams
- evangelize our global products, features, and vision across the entire organization, communicating clearly and effectively with stakeholders of all levels.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- a Product Management extraordinaire with proven track record of delivering awesome digital products.
- a relentless drive to get stuff done. A hands-on problem solver, you are comfortable with ambiguity and will take an idea and make it happen.
- the ability to weigh up trade-offs, make tough calls and prioritise effectively in a collaborative manner.
- obsessive about solving real customer problems.
- ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams
- sufficient technical understanding to debate across all levels of the organisation on analytics, agile methodologies, responsive design, code quality, system scalability and site reliability without skipping a beat.
- well-developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade, build and maintain relationships.
- comfortable working with remote counterparts and teams using online collaboration tools.
- Portuguese, Spanish or Mandarin language skills would be advantageous but not essential
- working knowledge of UX design and prototyping tools to quickly communicate concepts and ideas would be a plus.
SEEK is the global leader in the creation and operation of online employment markets. Owning leading job boards in Australia, New Zealand, China, Brazil, Mexico, Africa and across SE Asia, SEEK is an equal opportunity employee, we employ over 6000 unique and diverse people across Australia and internationally.
At SEEK we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. Our commitment to cultivating a diverse work environment where people feel like they're making a difference everyday has helped us maintain a consistently high ranking in the annual Hewitt Best Employer Award. In other words, people like to come here – and we're proud of that!
- Profit Share, Employee Share Scheme, Purchase additional annual leave and more!
- Tailored career development planning
- Super casual attire, year round sporting and cultural activities not to mention our pretty cool work spaces
- We work flexibly at SEEK. Chat with us about how we can embrace the idea of a flexible role for you