The country's leading provider of Ticketing, Operations, RFID, and Marketing solutions to music festivals is looking for an experienced Director to lead its world-class Product Management Team. This hands-on leader will manage and develop product managers in an agile environment, turn product vision into reality, and ensure that Front Gate's product management process is second to none. Join our growing team in our new digs on East Sixth in Austin and help us continue to build on our success.
- Staff and lead a team of world-class product managers, providing guidance and direction, to achieve the product vision in both US and international markets.
- Collaborate with Product Development Leadership Team to develop, manage and improve Front Gate's agile software development processes.
- Own Front Gate's product management process; rely on agile principles and concepts to develop strong and effective product manager/owners.
- Help develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap. Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Build consensus and drive execution.
- Manage existing product lines: aggressively identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis and establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements.
- Plan, assign and direct the workloads of product managers.
- Serve as product owner for a product scrum team -- effectively modeling and molding agile principals to Front Gate's development process.
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally.
- Maintain product and market knowledge; conduct competitive analysis and develop a strong understanding of stakeholders to drive development decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years of experience as an Agile Scrum Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
- Strong leadership skills and a minimum of 2 years experience in team management
- Experience in live event industry a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information
- Fast learner, self starter, and independent thinker
- Collaborative, optimistic and resourceful team player
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively within teams but also with other departments and organizations
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when necessary
We are Duo, and we're here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We're a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJs, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
What you'll do...
As a Sr. Product Manager of Data and Analytics, you will take our data and analytics capabilities to the next level. You will be responsible for building out a strong analytics and reporting infrastructure. In this role as a Sr Product Manager, you will collaborate with various stakeholders from engineering, design, customer success, sales and senior management on a regular basis. PMs play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of Duo's product strategy. As PMs, we practice what we preach; we validate use cases for problems our customers help us identify; we collaborate on the design of solutions to those problems; we iterate and test those designs, and we do so in an agile framework.
You will define and execute strategy around analytics, including real-time executive dashboards, reporting, and security workflows by developing short and simple-to-understand product requirements that take into account usability studies and research and market analysis.
Skills you have...
You have 2 - 5 years of product management experience, and...
- 2 years experience in data analytics, either as: a product manager or architect for an analytics or business intelligence platform; data analyst performing complex analysis/reports; or a business/systems analyst gathering and prioritizing requirements for large analytics projects
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering, design or mathematics.
- A background in network security, and an understanding of the problems IT Administrators face, and the workflows common in that environment, either by direct work experience or building products IT Administrators use is a plus.
3 Reasons why you should apply...
- You possess a highly driven and entrepreneurial personality, with an ability to get stuff done while having a sharp mind and eye for detail.
- You have a well-rounded knowledge of analytics platforms, distributed computing technologies, BI and reporting tools, data capture, data warehousing, data analysis, and visualization, and knowledge of the laws and norms around data privacy.
- You are passionate about the power of data and what you can do with it!
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase startup makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you don't have any familiarity with at least one of the following: SaaS, endpoint management, network operations, IT security, mobile device management, cloud operations, application security, or identity and access management.
- You are not comfortable with communicating with multiple stakeholders, both internal, on an ongoing basis to keep perspective with customers and share it with your peers!
Does this sound like it was written for you?
Excellent! Please apply and let's explore this together.