1 weeks ago
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE INTERACTIONS PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for an experienced product manager to own our lead generation between couples and wedding pros. You'll be in charge of growing and balancing quantity and quality of leads to our Wedding Pro network, and thinking through new ways to start meaningful conversations between couples and Pros.
- Run A/B tests to optimize for lead quantity.
- Interview Pros and Couples to understand how to improve quality of The Knot's leads.
- Develop a product roadmap to optimize leads and balance quantity and quality, gain internal signoff and support, and execute.
- Prioritize bugs, cross-team support tasks, and new features to keep the team on track.
- Conduct user research, including user interviews, wireframing, and user tests.
- Work closely with development, design, operations, sales, and marketing to execute against a strategic plan.
- 10% travel time required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in product management.
- Proven success in optimizing lead forms and driving user engagement.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize day-to-day tasks while executing a broader, longterm vision.
- Familiarity with scrum and agile processes with experience running agile teams.
- Experience with user research and UX principles.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you'll like a lot!
- Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Free drinks and snacks, Game Room, Koi Pond, Great spot with lots of restaurants very easily accessible, Guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentorship program.
Things you'll love!
- Amazing Coworkers, Unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), Weekly happy hours - enjoy a few drinks with your amazing co-workers, Transparent and approachable executives
5 weeks ago
BigCommerce, voted "Top Place to Work" 2016 by the Austin Statesman. We are seeking a Product Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, to lead our app and theme marketplaces, where our merchants go to discover and buy 3rd party extensions and themes for their online stores. In this role you'll define and execute the marketplaces product strategy, work with our awesome Design team to optimize the user experience and partner with our Business Development team to maximize growth.
So, are you a scrappy product leader with technical chops and awesome product instincts that can one minute be presenting your strategy to our executive team and the next minute be in the weeds inspiring our engineering team? Then we're looking for you!
Who you are:
- Depending on the size and type of teams/companies you've worked at in the past, that could translate to anywhere from 2-4 years experience in hand-on product leadership roles.
- You've designed and shipped products that thousands of people use and love.
- You've proven you can execute high-profile projects in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
- You're able to develop a long term strategy and then work with the team to break it into smaller chunks, each adding more customer value.
- You're a proven manager that can nurture and mentor our team who manages the app and theme marketplaces.
- You're passionate about building next-generation products for the fast-growing ecommerce industry.
- You have a technical background, or have a technical orientation, enough to get in the weeds with engineers to understand the pros and cons of different technologies, design and potential solutions.
- You're plugged into the worldwide commerce ecosystem of 3rd party developers and solutions. You speak their language and have their respect.
- You have a laser focus on the customer which enables you to have a deep understanding of their pain points and how they use the product.
- You use data to inform and defend your decisions.
- You value market research and, when it comes to the competition, you have your finger on the pulse.
- You get excited about tackling big, complicated and often ambiguous problems.
- You understand that human behavior is complex and changing behaviors is a lot harder than building features and technology.
- You're curious and love trying new things. You ask yourself "why did they build it that way?" or "what would happen if...?"
- You've got strong UX instincts. You won't need to do your own designs but you'll work effectively with your design and research peers.
- You think analytically.
- You're great at communicating and negotiating with cross-functional teams. You are a powerful influencer, and people like working with you even if they might disagree with you.
- You're energetic and creative - both key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You have a bias for action and make things happen.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation.
What you'll do:
- Interface directly with our app and theme partners to gain insights regarding their goals and challenges. Then collaborate with other product managers, designers, researchers, data analysts and engineering teams to develop product strategy and prioritize features that bring the most value to our customers.
- In partnership with our Business Development team, manage the relationships with our most strategic app and theme partners.
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds of your projects, including writing user stories, and the day-to-day running of a high performing Agile team.
- Work closely with managers across the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives. In particular, you will partner with our Business Development and Marketing teams to drive adoption of apps and themes.
- Enthusiastically lead your team, consisting of developers, designers, and quality engineers, towards your vision with effective delivery.
- Work collaboratively with your team to break complex projects into small projects, with each iteration adding more customer value.
- Analyze data to measure the impact of product improvements, and the iterate to constantly optimize performance.
- Define and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Inspire and manage a team of app store and theme store managers, who work with partners, vet apps & themes, and manage the day to day operations of the marketplace.
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Want to work in an exciting, high-energy role responsible for helping to change the face of online travel? The Senior Product Manager for Marketplace Rankings will drive HomeAway's ranking/relevance platform and algorithms. This role would be responsible for the design of the algorithms that drive the ranking, relevance and sort of vacation rentals, a critical driver of conversion and revenue. A successful individual should be able to seamlessly span technology, revenue management, market management and data science/analytics teams to create and implement a compelling product that drives the greatest conversion from vacation rental search. Bring your experience, creativity, communication, collaboration skills, and desire to be the best, and join us as we continue to reinvent travel.
- Lead the Marketplace Rankings Product Line Team with ownership of core ranking/relevance algorithms and technology platform
- Develop and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for ensuring every HomeAway traveler can easily find the perfect vacation rental via our relevancy models
- Drive algorithms that align the interests of Travelers, Owners, & HomeAway leading to increased customer relevance and greater marketplace contributions to their performance
- Team with the Traveler, Partner and Mobile product line teams to deliver a holistic search experience on HomeAway's online and multi-channel platforms
- Act as the product champion and evangelize the product vision effectively to stakeholders and independently drive alignment on product requirements
- Evolve marketplace algorithms through a "build, measure, learn" approach, informed by A/B testing and statistical analysis of search behaviors
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap for our sort platform
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Technical Leaders to understand how to develop the business case for innovative, revolutionary and disruptive new capabilities
- Collaborate with the development teams to evaluate technical options. Work closely with business and technology teams to prioritize and schedule enhancements, new features and fixes
- Drive the cross group working sessions to ensure alignment for strategic initiatives
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues, communicating with global business stakeholders and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact
- Track and report on key metrics
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years' Product management experience understanding, communicating, and prioritizing technology business requirements
- Self-starter with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion with limited direction
- Ability to evangelize and articulate innovative technology for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven skills at cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple business and technical teams
- Proven influencing skills: the ability to manage expectations of business partners while maintaining productive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and manage highly complex projects
- Proven knowledge of statistics, economics and e-commerce standards/best practices
- Strong track record of managing complex project schedules, resources and communications. Experience with the agile methodology a plus
- Solid understanding of technical concepts, architecture, software engineering a requirement. Previous experience in software engineering a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use SQL or HQL to obtain data for analysis or decision making
- Experience working with or managing Data Scientists preferred
- Experience in the travel vertical + eCommerce, including behavioral analysis/optimization is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code