2 days ago
With locations in Bothell, WA and Rochester, NY, EagleView® transforms industries and changes lives by providing answers - derived primarily from world-class Pictometry imagery - to questions related to millions of residential and commercial properties, for professionals across commercial, public safety, and government markets, saving those individuals time and money while also reducing exposure to risk.
EagleView has a "work-hard, play-hard" culture and we've been continually named a Best Place to Work because of our belief that making the workplace fun is a key to success. Our kitchens are stocked 24/7, social, athletic and wellness opportunities are plentiful and the growth, education and potential of employees is a top priority. If you take your profession seriously, love to work hard and create something really great while having fun, this might be the right place for you.
We're looking for an outstanding Director of Product Planning and Strategy based in our Bothell, WA office. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to manage all market and competitive research and pricing analysis, as well as drive the continuous improvement of product management and strategy processes across the Product Strategy organization.
You'll manage a team of analysts and project managers and work closely with the SVP, Product Strategy, Product Strategy Directors, Product Managers, Operations and Engineering to support and improve business cases, the annual roadmap process, portfolio ROI, portfolio priorities and product metrics.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Director of Product Management and/or Product Marketing with outstanding analytical skills and strong cross-functional leadership experience. You've successfully shipped new products and managed the product lifecycle at several technology companies. You know how to build systems and create fast but scalable product management processes.
You're an analytical superstar. You know how to deliver fact-based business cases that win Executive and Board-level support. You've worked with a variety of business models and understand how to capture value through smart business models and pricing strategies. You're a team player, a coach and a mentor. Your communication style is honest, transparent, direct and positive. You're passionate about EagleView, our markets and our products. You thrive in fast-paced entrepreneurial cultures.
- Maintain strong knowledge and understanding of industry and technology trends, as well as product management best practices.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of all EagleView products, customer segments, and product roadmap.
- Create and deliver content to educate internal and external audiences about key competitors, technology and market trends.
- Build and maintain a library of primary and third-party market, competitive, economic and technology trends and other data for analyzing product business cases and strategies that are available.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with consulting firms to perform research.
- Perform in-depth analysis of competitive product offerings, including collecting competitive collateral, information on capabilities/strategy and offering guidance on proper positioning to effectively develop and differentiate our offerings vis-à-vis all major and emerging players in the designated market.
- Produce sales enablement tools and materials to prepare sales teams, and sales engineers to successfully position EagleView vs. the competition such as competitive battle cards.
- Support sales teams in discussions with customers/prospects.
- Act as an internal consultant and provide analysis of new product strategies, business models and market opportunities.
- Collaborate with Product Strategy Directors and Product Managers to support development of business cases for new products.
- Evolve criteria and framework for investing in new products and innovations to align with EagleView's strategy and goals. Monitor execution of various product activities by establishing a product strategy dashboard with clear and actionable metrics.
- Develop and enhance appropriate pricing models in collaboration with Product, Finance and Sales teams.
- Improve critical product management processes and templates for the annual roadmap, quarterly roadmap reviews, program councils, etc.
- Define, implement and improve key product management best practices, including win/loss analysis, whitespace analysis, share of wallet, and growth strategy.
- Partner with SVP, Product Strategy and other organization leaders to plan and coordinate resources for delivery of a successful annual Product Roadmap.
- Optimize utilization of Aha.io! and other tools to ensure alignment of Product Strategy with Engineering and Operations resources.
- Develop a product management dashboard and metrics to highlight key performance indicators for the product portfolio.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, coaching, and developing a team of analysts and project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors' Degree required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years' experience in product management or product marketing, including managing direct reports
- 5+ years' experience with business intelligence applications, including modern analytics technologies such as Qlik, Birst, or Tableau
- Experience working with an Agile product development methodology required
- Experience in strategy consulting, market research and/or business intelligence preferred
- Experience with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework preferred
- Experience with Aha.io! or similar Product Management technology preferred
- Familiar with MS-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Project
- Exceptional analytical and presentation skills
- Proven experience leading and driving cross-functional teams
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%, domestically and internationally
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
5 days ago
We are looking for a Director of Product Management with strong domain expertise in online advertising to lead end-to-end product management efforts on one or more products. As a Director, you will be expected to run a team of Product Managers, as well as own a significant piece of our product offering. The Director will define the product strategy, develop the product roadmap, identify product requirements, collaborate with product development on implementation, and then take the product to market. Developing innovative, industry-changing products is the heart of our business at AppNexus, and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the team that sits on the front lines.
About the team:
The AppNexus Product Management team is dedicated to one overarching goal: powering the advertising that powers the Internet. Our Product Managers are strategic thinkers with an eye on the next big thing. We engage deeply with customers, partners, and field organizations to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionable roadmaps. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we touch nearly every part of the organization - from our Sales and Services teams to Engineering, Marketing, and Design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.
About the job:
- Lead the full product lifecycle for one or more products or services covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Collaborate commercial and engineering stakeholders to understand product gaps
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into product roadmap to define GTM strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements
- Define success metrics
- Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline tradeoff decisions
- Collaborate closely with engineering leaders and their teams through all stages of the product development. If needed, take on "Product Owner" role on a scrum team
- Lead and coordinate product rollout efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams. Collaborate with Product Marketing and Customer Training groups for collateral on overall offering including white papers, case studies, demos, training material etc.
- Act as the key product evangelist and expert for external users as well as internal teams
About your skills:
- 6+ years of hands on product management experience, 8+ years of total experience building large scale, enterprise level software.
- Must have people management and/or product portfolio management experience
- Experience managing products in fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of real-time ad exchanges such as DSP, DMP, SSPs, etc. is a strong plus
- Direct experience with UI/UX is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders within company as well as at customer/partner organization
- Proven track record of partnering with engineering teams in a highly technical environment
- Technical background is a plus - BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands on software development experience indicating strong technical background
- MBA and/or experience collaborating with sales, business leaders preferred
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- See more at: https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/careers/open-roles?cjobid=KB585601111#sthash.ZJGqbvjK.dpuf
3 weeks ago
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers or businesses of any size or budget. That's why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for developers and businesses to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better user experiences. We make "teaching" AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalizable, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team here in NYC!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As our Director of Product, you represent our users' voices today and develop the processes to build products for our future. You articulate what a winning product looks like, you rally the team behind it and you iterate on the product to make it right. You figure out strategy that takes us to where we want to be as a company and what we need to build now to get there.
You will work closely with the CEO as he drives the vision for the company. You directly contribute to iterations on our product roadmap with our CEO and VP of Engineering. You are willing to take on a visible role, speaking publicly about our products. Your communication skills are advanced, and you are comfortable working within the organization and with leadership. You drive prioritization of the product roadmap and formulate strategies for what projects we can realistically complete based on each team's capabilities and bandwidth. You collaborate with customer-focused layers to gather actionable feedback to inform the product roadmap.
You lead our Product Team and make sure that each person is set up for success. We value someone who is an individual contributor writing code and also focus on the impact of learning, mentorship, and teaching as a manager too.
During your first month, you will learn the ropes. You will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our current products and get familiar with our product roadmap. We would like you to take this time to get comfortable working with what we've built so far and who has helped build it. We welcome feedback that only a fresh perspective can bring!
- Become acquainted with every person and role at the company and establish communication and collaboration across teams.
In 3 months, you start putting yourself out there. You will:
- Schedule regular meetings with the CEO and begin to iterate on roadmap priorities to improve efficiency. You identify each team's strengths and weaknesses and use them to help teams utilize their resources in the best way possible.
- Instill product processes to accelerate the development of products that Clarifai offers to the market.
6 months down the road, you begin to branch out. You will:
- Organize and moderate product strategy offsite to solidify communication and collaboration.
- Extend beyond the tactical and into the strategy of higher level product initiatives and allocation of resources to achieve these initiatives.
- Inform the engineering organization and figure out what additional products and features to put out to market and the best approaches to do so.
12 months later, you'll:
- Attend events and lead public discussions about the company's products.
- Monitor current processes for efficiency and iteration. You share insights from the sales, support, and customer experience teams, as well as directly from customers.
- Build the product team by recruiting extraordinary product managers to increase the team's productivity and impact on the company as a whole. You coach your team to increase their skills and efficiency even as the number and complexity of our product offerings grow.
In the future, you will strive to continue building upon the progress that you have made in your first year, while you innovate and iterate to maximize impact.
As Clarifai's Director of Product, you drive the execution of the product vision. The product innovation that you guide will allow us to build an AI platform that helps us achieve our mission of understanding every image and video to improve life.
4 weeks ago
Salesforce helps companies connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are blazing new trails in enterprise software every day while focusing on our mission of improving the state of the world. Life at Salesforce centers around our Ohana values: Trust, Growth, Innovation, Equality, Customer Success, Transparency, Giving Back, Wellbeing, and Fun. These values make us uniquely Salesforce. In Hawaiian culture, "Ohana" means family; it's the tie that binds people together.
We are seeking an innovative product leader to join our Platform team as Senior Director of Product Management. This will start as a senior IC role with direct responsibility for defining and driving product strategy and the product lifecycle.
- Understand the market - learn the market and the Salesforce ecosystem, understand what customers use our Platform for today, identify future customer needs and define a direction for runtimes and languages.
- Define product strategy - develop product strategy for the runtime and languages parts of the Platform. Work effectively with customers, partners, executives, stakeholders, and our technology and product teams to build a well defined and integrated roadmap to deliver on the strategy.
- Know your customer - develop deep and trusted relationships with key customers and use the knowledge of their business process and requirements to drive product strategy and the prioritization of work. Work closely with customers at every phase of the product lifecycle to seek feedback and validation and establish beach heads of customer success.
- Champion the strategy - work with go-to-market teams, product marketing, sales, services, and enablement teams to build a program that establishes thought leadership in the market for the Salesforce Platform, runtime, and languages. Establish yourself as a thought leader and represent the company in executive meetings with customers, at industry events, in the media and in key industry groups.
- Drive product lifecycle - collaborate with engineering, user experience, documentation, infrastructure and go-to-market teams to drive the product lifecycle from concept to customer success. Define the backlog for engineering teams, write the user stories and do whatever it takes to fuel the productivity and effectiveness of the engineering teams.
- Think Strategically - knows what it takes to give Platform the competitive advantage as the CRM Platform of choice for our customers. Operates both strategically and tactically in a dynamic environment. Develops relevant, sustainable solutions. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Make Smart Decisions - Analyzes and synthesizes broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight.
Drive Results - Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success.
- Equivalent of 10+ years of product management or similar experience in enterprise software, cloud computing, internet technology, or a related field.
- Experience with runtime and language technologies.
- Experience making significant changes to mission critical pieces of the software stack.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM applications and/or platform (including Heroku).
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and lead a successful cross-functional team.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including at least three years of experience with a variant of Agile (lean, kanban, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and low-level technical discussions.
- Solid visual communication skills including the ability to create and deliver a great slide presentation.
- Be comfortable and compelling delivering a product demonstration, including the ability to tell a story and communicate business value in addition to product features and benefits.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or similar technical disciplines.
- Deep computer language, compiler and runtime technology, or ecosystem experience.
- Customer references - line of business or IT leaders who can recommend your work from previous experience as your customer.
5 weeks ago
Spring is a consumer tech company on a mission to change the way people shop. Our vision at Spring is to become your personal, trusted shopping assistant that you can turn to daily for recommendations and inspiration. We're not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face so we're delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first. We have thousands of brands on our platform and we're in a unique position to connect consumers with brands they love and brands they have yet to discover.
Our Product Management function plays a critical role in the strategic direction of the company and in our delivery of meaningful features to our end users. The Product Team owns the full product lifecycle, from research and experimentation, to launch and data-informed iteration cycles. This team is obsessively user-centered, with a mission to radically transform the commerce ecosystem and consumer shopping experience through technology and design inspired innovation.
We're looking for PM Directors to head up user and business oriented Product Groups. This role will report to our CPO and will focus on developing and executing a data-informed and high velocity roadmap to realize both short term objectives and a long term, transformative vision. Like all roles at Spring, this is a hands on, player/coach opportunity.
The Director will coach and provide guidance to an existing team of PMs, partner with Engineering and UX counterparts to lead the product lifecycle, build strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and business owners and produce artifacts such as feature briefs, product requirement documents, internal white papers, and presentations.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of consumer commerce.
As a Director, PM you will:
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to your team with a goal towards independence and empowerment. Practice active accountability for the performance of your products and team
- Advocate for Spring's product principles and educate cross functional teams in how those principles translate into practice
- Cultivate a product culture that grows attached to user problems rather than specific solutions. Identify blockers and coach your team to positive resolutions
- Work cross-functionally to build consensus around well reasoned and evidence-based product decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and advocate for their needs
- Understand organizational information needs and communicate effectively with various constituent groups
- Measure the performance of your team and yourself based on your ability to meet product and company objectives
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our product practices. Our culture is one of enablement: encourage your team to take ownership and provide the guidance for them to succeed
- Apply scientific rigor to prioritization and clearly communicate the tradeoffs involved in difficult product decisions
- Lead by example: iterate, optimize, and learn from mistakes; nurture a culture of transparency, listening, learning feedback, empowerment, scientific objectivity, and humility
What you need to have:
- Demonstrable experience shipping high impact products across a variety of industry categories
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable analytical, reasoning, problem solving and cognitive skills
- Proven aptitude for identifying and meeting latent or unrealized user needs
- Experience creating and executing complex, multi platform product strategies
- Passion for consumer technology
- Demonstrable knowledge of leading edge advancements in machine/deep learning, native mobile and web technologies
- Insatiable curiosity and an appetite for constant learning
- Ability to analyze complex data and identify actionable insights
- Natural agility and comfort with fast-paced, demanding and high growth tech environments
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a tech company that's changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
Think about how you'd build something to improve people's lives and turn the financial industry upside down. How good is that going to feel? We are doing just that at Simple. Our mission is to enable our customers to become confident with their finances and to do so we are radically rethinking the consumer banking experience and we need your help.
Product Management at Simple is responsible for defining the vision, strategy and roadmap in order to realize our vision of better banking. In this role, you'll have the independence of a startup in finding the products and features that are usable, valuable, and feasible with the backing of one of the world's most successful banks, BBVA. In this role, you'll work with researchers and interview customers to understand their psychology, behaviors and desires. You'll work with great teams across design, data, engineering, marketing and customer service to help ship our product by employing careful listening, decision making, and leadership.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Act as product owner to lead interdisciplinary "Product Teams", consisting of designers, researchers and developers to solve for critical customer or business challenges and outcomes.
- Provide leadership to develop long term product vision and strategy in order to create a compelling business case with unique strategic advantage that drives customer delight.
- Create short and long term plans for their area based on assessment of the value of their product, feature, or outcome
- Look more than 18 months out in area and larger roadmap
- Provide clear vision for work and how it contributes to company goals
- Define our metrics and goals within your specified product area and communicate and align across the organization.
- Work with other divisions to coordinate large projects or programs, and cooperate to achieve larger goals
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, ensure that their voices are heard in the vision, strategy and roadmap prioritization of your respective Product Team.
- Provide guidance within the organization on build, buy, partner opportunities affecting your area.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other Product Managers within the team, promoting their personal growth and development within our practice.
- Promote team health by continuing to advocate for improved processes and methodologies.
- Create and improve product metrics that enable us to understand business impact and customer behavior within your area.
- Be asked to consult on problems that aren't in your area, such as Customer Service, Marketing or Risk
- Be an expert on your area and able to inspire others with your knowledge and passion.
- Operate with minimal supervision, with regular check-ins guiding your decisions
- Communicate on work and broader world of area in status and all-hands
Provide mentorship to Product Managers and Associate Product Managers.
What We're Looking For:
- Craft: 7+ years in product management (or equivalent) experience with customer-facing web or mobile technology products. Experience taking a product from conception to launch to optimization is a big plus.
- Efficacy: Brings a savvy business and customer-centric data-driven approach to prioritization and product management. Previous experience to build a strong case around "what and why" we're building Simple is required. Passion for mentoring others is a plus.
- At least 3 years working with customer\design focused product.
- 3-4 years previous experience writing user stories, gathering requirements and working with agile methodologies is desired.
- Business acumen: You'll be joining a team tasked with expanding our set of financial products, so familiarity with interest rate dynamics, the economic and regulatory landscape, behavioral economics and such is desired.
- Previous experience successfully working on third party integrations throughout the entire lifecycle (RFP, contract negotiation and implementation).
- Demonstrated leadership working across teams and levels of responsibility, including managing executive leaderships, stakeholders and strategic partners.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, for your own time and for others'
- Empathy: The ability to communicate effectively and concisely in all mediums and all levels. Be recognized as an effective storyteller and presenter
- Curiosity: A passion for learning and growing your skills
- A positive, solution-minded attitude
Please include a cover letter telling us something awesome about you and the projects you've worked on, along with the best product management book you've ever read, regardless of claimed subject. (You like "The Design of Everyday Things?" So do we.)
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we're not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We want a great coworker — passion, humor, and desire to learn matter more to us than raw technical chops. If you're on the fence about whether you're a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple's a Great Place to Work:
- Based in Portland, Oregon-- a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees' quality of life--both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We're passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we're kind of that way about things outside of work, too.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at email@example.com if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,? or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ?Simple ?complies with all ?applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has ?employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.
We're a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. While our environment is collaborative and relaxed, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
The Director of Product Management guides and advocates for the Product Management team, as well as the engineers and product designers they work with, on client-facing projects. This key role will help define product management at Postlight—establishing a balance between strategic thinking and account management.
As Postlight's Director of Product Management, you will support a skilled team to help them excel in client work and meet professional goals. You will:
Work with each product manager to provide strategic advice across all client projects.
- Define product management at Postlight as it relates to individual projects.
- Help team members define goals, and provide strategic advice and support for achieving those goals.
- Learn from both successful and failed product management methods that team members apply.
As a Director you will also be engaged in client work, primarily working on larger, more complex engagements. By maintaining technical literacy and relying heavily on design thinking, you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategy advice on product scope features and roadmap.
- Communicating with clients, including identifying situations where Postlight could provide additional help or services.
- Team success, including both the Postlight & client teams.
Postlight is looking for a Director who has:
- Experience in working at a product studio and/or agency.
- A consistent track record of delivering extraordinary digital products.
- Experience managing direct reports and leading teams, with a proven ability to develop talent.
- Experience working with senior engineers and product designers on complex projects.
- Proven skills forming forming and articulating a cohesive vision around user and business needs, timelines, and technical possibilities
Whether working on site or remotely, your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones. Collaborating across time zones requires constant, clear communication and coordination, via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences. Postlight is headquartered in New York City, but a third of our team works remotely. We know how to keep everyone on the same page, and so should you.
Your skill set will grow at Postlight. You will join a team excited about the problems they solve and the tools they use to solve them. We keep pace with the industry, and are active participants in the open-source world. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems—with support from management and mentors.
Postlight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.