MINDBODY is looking for an experienced product manager with a track record for driving new security product capabilities from initial concept to successful delivery and market adoption. You will guide the future of MINDBODY's security product offering, focusing on intuitive and out of the box experiences. You will also guide the future of MINDBODY's internal applications security platform where secure software means ensuring the privacy, safety and success of our customers and our customers' customers. This role calls for a strong, proactive leader capable of autonomously driving projects. Product managers who thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and love working with the best security technology team in the world should apply.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree is required; CS or EE degree is preferred.
- Prior experience as a software engineer (this is a product management position but requires strong hands-on expertise).
- At least 5 years of experience in the security space as a product manager.
- Strong understanding of secure-by-design principles.
- Experience with cryptography & encryption protocols.
- Experience with modern cloud network security and penetration testing.
- Experience with assisting in achieving security & compliance certifications.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols such as SAML or OAuth2.
- Own the vision, development, and delivery for security product and security features.
- Engage with customers and partners to deliver roadmap updates, get product feedback, and identify additional market opportunities.
- Evangelize technologies internally to ensure alignment and adoption from other teams.
- Collaborate with other teams at MINDBODY to deliver and enable innovative MINDBODY identity, encryption, intrusion protection features.
- Familiarity with policies of Chief Information Security Office, Enterprise Risk Manager, and executive stakeholders to ensure implementation of internal policies, industry regulation, and applicable laws.
- Understand the SMB market needs and build the product vision, strategy and roadmap for security features that empower every business to be secure in MINDBODY Products.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX to develop, test, and deliver assets to engineering. Work with the technology team to deliver a world-class product driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal product experts. Drive the end to end feature deliver cycle.
- Measure success. Measure everything. A feature's release does not dictate success. Define what success means for each feature and each function before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor success.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently. Coordinate product release communications for your components. Define expectations for engineering teams and hold them accountable to success and failures. Work closely with Product Marketing Managers to promote your products both internally and externally and ensure a cohesive message.
- Represent MINDBODY as a domain and product expert at customer interactions, industry and corporate events and online in customer community and through social networking.
Building Capabilities (15%)
- Collaborate with industry peers to promote data protection, secure collaboration and cyber intelligence sharing.
- Continually evaluate new threats, solutions and the impact on application security and business operations and balancing these needs to develop and implement the best security solutions for the business.
- Assist in the growth of employees through coaching, training and career development activities.
MINIMUM ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Leadership DNA - proven ability to set a vision, excite and lead a cross-functional engineering team.
- Experience working security improvement projects using OWASP as a framework.
- Gathering and transforming business requirements and market needs into a successful product strategy.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort in high-level business discussions with internal and external executives.
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments.
- Ability to lead and work autonomously.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.