IXL Learning seeks a passionate, experienced Localization Product Manager. This is a highly impactful role, with the opportunity to define and execute localization strategy in collaboration with product and business leadership. The ideal candidate must have strong design and business sense, thrive in fast-paced environments, and be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a creative, technical, collaborative top performer to launch a leading educational product into new markets worldwide.
IXL Learning is a globally successful and beloved product, serving over 6 million subscribed learners in schools and families around the world. With users in more than 190 countries, we serve a vast array of diverse educational needs. A critical step in our global strategy is providing access to our adaptive learning platform and our award-winning educational content in multiple languages.
In the Localization PM role, you will work with the Director of Product to define our international product line and go-to-market strategy, will design and document product requirements and specifications, and will work with an in-house localization engineering team to implement and deliver. Your mission includes designing exceptional localized user experiences, raising awareness of the importance of localization across the company, and managing and improving processes to deliver creative, high-quality localization at good value.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Understand our product, users, and global markets
- Define localization strategy; ensure alignment with overall product strategy
- Build out and own the localization roadmap
- Consider user needs and product strategy to think through product design decisions; produce clear written specifications for all feature functionality and user flows to enable localization and optimize the user experience for local markets
- Coordinate and drive execution, manage localization project schedules, and work collaboratively with other teams in the development organization (design, engineering, QA) to ensure timely delivery of a high quality localized product
- Anticipate, identify, and communicate project status and risks to key stakeholders, including the senior leadership team
- Coordinate a complex set of localization processes, technologies, and tools, and ensure continuous improvement, refinement, and training thereof
- Provide product review and direction on localization needs and best practices
- Conduct research and user testing as needed
- Work closely with Marketing team on product marketing strategy and execution
- Collect, analyze and present localization data; analyze quantitative and qualitative data to best understand and direct localization efforts/impact
- Evangelize internationalization and localization best practices; develop awareness among other teams of the importance of localization, and provide localization process support to other teams
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in progressively complex roles in Product Management, or a blend of technical, business, design, and project management roles; strong track record of delivering high quality, efficient, creative solutions to tough problems
- Proven experience delivering localized products for international markets; familiarity with localization tools and techniques
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, with proven experience working on complex projects with multiple remote/cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, including experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically; must have keen business sense and acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build influence across teams to align resources and achieve results
- Experience with educational technology or consumer internet products/services strongly preferred
- Basic proficiency in at least one (non-English) language strongly preferred
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.