COMPANY OVERVIEW: Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Its EnCase® Enterprise platform is used by numerous government agencies, more than 65 percent of the Fortune 100, and more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500, to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading electronic discovery and cyber security solutions, EnCase® eDiscovery and EnCase® Cybersecurity, which enable organizations to respond to litigation discovery requests, proactively perform data discovery for compliance purposes, and conduct speedy and thorough security incident response. For more information about Guidance Software, visit www.guidancesoftware.com.
SUMMARY: The Product Manager will be responsible for the commercial success of their product lines through the articulation and execution of product strategy including market analysis, defining business and product requirements, creating business cases, influencing sprint priorities and creating user stories for the EnCase eDiscovery and EnForce Risk Manager product lines. They will work closely with product marketing managers and other internal stakeholders, industry analysts, and customers to define and deliver high-value products into the global marketplace. The product manager will work closely with agile product owners prioritizing features and participate in regular sprint reviews with engineering. The product manager will also communicate and evangelize their products with internal teams such as sales and marketing as well as provide demonstrations, overviews and roadmap presentations to customers and prospects.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, driving change, differentiating in highly competitive markets, and influencing buyers throughout the revenue cycle.
- Set the vision for products and drive end-to-end execution with cross-functional teams.
- Research & analysis of market segments domestically and abroad, particularly as it relates to use cases, requirements, best practices and buyer personas.
- Manage the entire Product Lifecycle Process through product launch and/or sunset/subsume policies.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for product roadmaps; identifying customer pain points – converting them into user stories and requirements – prioritizing them across a quarterly release schedule.
- Support select "special calls" with the sales organization to help advance certain sales cycles, close major opportunities, and address customer satisfaction issues and concerns.
- Analyze, recommend, and establish potential technology partnerships that will result in whole solutions for customer challenges.
- Maintain and add to the RFI/RFP database and develop and support a process to respond to technical RFI/RFP requests.
- Contribute actively to innovation. Drive the development of business cases for concepts that warrant investment related to assigned market segments.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels within the company, including engineering, marketing, sales, support and services.
- Evangelize at customer/prospect facing events.
- Prepare and deliver technical training to field teams and channel partners.
- BS/BA in computer science, business or related discipline. Minimum 8 years of overall experience in the software industry with at least 4+ years of management experience related to a product management context or equivalent strategy experience.
- Passion for technology and good understanding of current technology landscape and issues.
- Working knowledge of best-practice product marketing processes such as those taught by Pragmatic Marketing® or equivalent and/or a strong knowledge of best-practice integrated Product Management & Development methodologies such as the "Rational Unified (RUP) Process" or equivalent.
- Proven leadership skills. Self-starter with a passion to own and drive execution and motivation to drive growth in existing and new products.
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically distributed teams and team leaders.
- Experience managing or crafting external technology partnerships working on end-to-end activities including partner selection, contracting and execution.
- Solid business acumen and analytical ability to guide product to achieve business goals. Ability to perform a range of business analytics ranging from problem/root cause identification to modeling new business economics.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts. Ability to create compelling narratives.
- High energy, responsive attitude, team-oriented and a desire to win.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Domain/market knowledge of eDiscovery, risk management or related technology market desired.
- EnCE (EnCase Certified Examiner), EnCEP (EnCase Certified eDiscovery Practitioner)
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies, including Product Owner
- Strong exposure to user experience design and usability research
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
EEO IT'S THE LAW: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf