Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on three different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 300,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
What We Want:
An on-the-ground, hands-on consumer product leader and a customer evangelist, with an insatiable drive to make things better. You will relentlessly advocate for our customers and craft rich experiences on Audible.com desktop and mobile web, driving the premium consumer business to new heights. You will collaborate with a talented group of business, content, UX, tech and product stakeholders to design a truly agile roadmap for execution of the Audible vision.
- You have a track record of launching successful products that customers love.
- You are experienced in agile and lean start-up product development processes.
- You have deep understanding of web applications, mobile and/or innovative new product-platforms. · You're inventive, customer obsessed and you know how to invent on behalf of the customer before they ask.
- You're an entrepreneur. You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as chance to grow.
- You're a fantastic oral and written communicator, influencer and collaborator. You are equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, and strategy with executive leadership.
- You want to be a missionary for spoken-word storytelling from Audible.
- Place product innovation at the very heart of our premium consumer offering on Audible.com
- Serve as the product owner for one or more development teams, leading sprint grooming, prioritization, and definition efforts.
- Evolve high-level strategic vision into actionable tactics that provide Audible users with a delightful experience on desktop and mobile web.
- Proactively identify, escalate and mitigate risks that may impair the organization's ability to meet its deliverables.
- Lead with a compelling vision and clarity that influences and drives commitments across cross-functional stakeholders in the program.
- Help design measurable tactical and strategic indicators of success that include data-driven inputs and outputs.
What You Have That We Want
- 5+ years history of building next-gen products at scale with cutting edge (consumer-first and mobile-first) organizations.
- The ability to draw out the best from a broad array of multi-faceted teams, and develop an atmosphere that unleashes creativity and meaningful work.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees.
- Expertise redefining and building consumer technologies and user experience, which conforms with Audible's provision of the best customer service in the realm of digital media.
- An appreciation for the business-facing elements of innovation, while never confusing the pursuit of financial outcomes as anything other than the result of the best of all customer experiences.
We have a comprehensive benefits package but here are some of the fun perks:
- Free catered lunch daily, breakfast on Mondays, all the snacks you can eat and Happy Hour on a Friday
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Ruthless ping-pong tournaments and seasonal sports clubs - volleyball, basketball, soccer, etc.
- Endless company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Access to Amazon Web Services and much more...
Audible is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet