As a Product Manager, you will own the development of the product vision, distilling it into an actionable roadmap and working with business stakeholders and multiple talented development teams to deliver incremental releases ensuring technical integrity of the product and underlying platform. You will represent the product at quarterly reviews with Executive Leadership reporting on the progress and the rolling quarterly roadmap plan.
As part of Cloud Technology, the Marketing and Web Platform Team provides fundamental capabilities that power the go to market strategy of Creative Cloud, Document Cloud and Marketing Cloud products. You will be responsible for delivering on the agreed product vision and roadmap: taking specific product features from requirements definition, specification development, user story authoring, backlog prioritization through to engaging with the engineering teams coding the user stories. Through this process you will ensure that reliability, performance and quality are built in to Adobe's standards.
What you'll do
- Work independently and "own" the product
- Use market knowledge to define the 3-year product vision
- Drive relevant product management meetings and user/customer conversations
- Manage business expectations, by pitching the product vision to stakeholders
- Drive backlog grooming, planning and vision refinement sessions with business and engineering teams
- Transform requirements into feature specs /user stories
- Establish story acceptance criteria for the engineering team
- Participate in regular meetings with the engineering team
- Actively address ambiguity and change in the product backlog
- Present convincingly to executives, partners, and users/customers
- Protect the team from outside interference/distraction from unapproved changes/additions
- Describe the product benefits in a way that helps marketing and sales reach new and existing customers
- Describe the product functionality in a way that enables customer support agents to troubleshoot customer issues
What you need to succeed
- 2+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience conducting end user/customer interviews
- Articulate in documenting product requirements, writing functional specs and user stories
- Ability to present convincingly to executives, partners, and users/customers
- Ability to manage issue resolution and mitigate risk on the product roadmap
- Well versed in defining roadmaps and delivering with teams that employ agile software development methodologies
- Analytical skills to test hypothesis and sort through uncertain options
- Ability to craft clear, compelling recommendations supported by strong analysis and business logic, and articulate them to the organization to gain support for recommendations
- Competence in business negotiation
- Ability to influence executive and senior level leaders regarding product vision, road map and work backlog priorities and trade-offs
- Ability to foster a brand as a Product management role model across the organization
- Bachelors or Masters degree with 5+ years experience (degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is a bonus)
- Experience with SaaS, Web Services and SOAs (REST, SOAP) is considered a plus
- Effective communication with customers and remote stakeholders is mandatory
- Very good listening skills
- Enthusiastic, creative and innovative attitude
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to grow your career, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences through the Adobe Life magazine.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.