Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 33 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
We are rapidly expanding our Product Management team, and are looking for a talented and motivated Product Manager, Infrastructure to partner with our world class Operations and Information Security teams.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Understand your target users through interviews to understand their problems, and validate solutions
- Champion a customer-first and metrics-driven approach to infrastructure development
- Prioritize an opportunity backlog and plan quarterly roadmaps within and across Operations and Information Security teams
- Work closely with delivery teams to deliver projects via an Agile development process
- Work cross-functionally to ensure engineering projects are successfully launched and achieve intended business goals
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management, Operations, Development, and/or Information Security, preferably with a CS degree
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your target users and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems
- Strategic – You are able to absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize your backlog. You are able to make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis
- Git 'er Done – You are comfortable serving as a Product Manager within an Agile Scrum environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements and solutions to engineering with credibility and conviction. You are "hungry" and drive highly productive outcomes across the scrum teams you lead
- Cross Functional Leader - You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported. You communicate clearly and crisply. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes
Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- Experience as a security, network, or devops engineer
- You have operated at scale in an infrastructure or platform environment
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.