- Grow a new SaaS product within a leading online business for designers and creatives
- Work closely with a cross-functional, customer-centred and remote-friendly team
- Get exposure to a wide range of skills and practices in a small team
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is the leading marketplace for creative assets and creative people.
With more than 300 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $400 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our platforms to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more.
Recently, JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015 and 2016 BRW Awards.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we're also growing really fast!
What you'll be doing
You'll be leading the Product function for Envato Sites, an ambitious new SaaS product being developed by a small, customer-centered team within Envato. You'll work closely with our customers, designers, developers and other parts of the wider Envato business to identify high value work that grows our product towards agreed goals and timelines. Regular activities and responsibilities will include:
- Customer & competitive research to identify new requirements & opportunities
- Help the team plan, schedule and deliver successful new versions of the product
- Communicate our progress and important changes to customers and stakeholders
- Review the performance of previous initiatives to inform future priorities
Triage issues and prioritise smaller enhancements
- Ensure the team are always working on the highest priority work
- Maintain and communicate a roadmap and product vision in close collaboration with Envato's leadership
- Work with analytics and other teams to identify key metrics that measure and monitor the performance of the product
What we're looking for
- More than three years experience managing or delivering products online businesses, with a proven track record of delivering products that delighted users and meet defined business objectives (preferably in a product role, or with transferable experience in related roles)
- Familiarity with UX and customer research best practices
- Familiar with Agile practices and a culture of continuous improvement
- Track record of great working relationships in cross functional project teams (especially designers and developers, would speak highly of working with you)
- Comfortable working in remote-friendly or remote-first teams, where co-workers may be in another location and timezone
- Proficient at using analytics insights to positively influence the direction of a product
- Experience consulting with and influencing senior stakeholders with diverse skills and responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience working towards a big picture in smaller, well-considered increments that increase value, knowledge and confidence
- Motivated to be part of building world class products for a global creative community
- Good commercial orientation enabling you to make pragmatic trade offs and fast decisions when prioritising for your product
- A diplomatic driver of outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with web technologies (HTML/CSS) and implementing online marketing campaigns highly desirable
- Customer centred with a clear alignment to Envato's values
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions - we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!