Media Temple is seeking a Senior Project Manager to contribute to the success of our Fully Managed Cloud Hosting Services product on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service and project management for IT professional services at both a small business and enterprise level.
This position will be a member of a small, but critically important team, and needs to be a self-starter with the ability to think strategically and pragmatically to drive and improve both internal and customer-facing project workflows. A history in web hosting and an understanding of medium and enterprise businesses is preferred, but not entirely necessary. This position is based in Culver City, CA.
- Manage Cloud customer relationships from sales handoff onward, including providing regular project status communications, handling change order requests, and working with the Billing department to ensure the customer is accurately charged according to their respective proposal or statement of work.
- Prioritize the Cloud implementation backlog according to customer and business priorities on a day-to-day basis in collaboration with the Sales, Product, and Cloud Architect teams.
- Compile, manage and report on project metrics to business stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Represent the Cloud implementation team to the rest of the business. It is your job to ensure the Cloud implementation team is able to work at a sustainable pace, and to communicate the need to scale our resources when the time comes.
- Optimize both internal and customer-facing process flows to drive maximum efficiency and scalability across the organization.
- Manage vendor partnerships and relations.
- Stay up to date with the latest Cloud solutions & trends.
- A strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate compellingly and drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, and opinionated team.
Demonstrated experience managing high-stakes projects, preferably for AWS professional services.
- Impeccable English communication abilities. English as a second language is okay, but near-native speaking and writing abilities are required.
- At least one year of customer support experience. This can be indirect through a role that wasn't customer support focused, but involved supporting end customers, as well.
- The technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience compiling, analyzing, and summarizing project metric data.
- The ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- A pragmatic attitude that favors doing what works versus following the status quo.
- 5+ years in project management roles at technology/Internet companies or comparable.
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience working in an IT Consulting or Professional Services firm.
- Previous experience working in Linux system administration and Amazon Web Services.
- Jira power user. Former Jira administration experience a plus.
- Excel power user.
- Previous experience as an Agile Scrummaster (and CSM certification).
- PMP certification.
- Masters in Business Administration.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- 401(k) matching.
- "Freeloader" Lunch Friday's, bagel Monday's, and multiple stacked kitchens to keep the engine fueled.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Ping-pong, video game consoles, pool table, monthly happy hours, and other fun events (Yes the rumor is true, Snoop Dogg played at our Holiday party).
- No visa sponsorship available for this position.
About Media Temple
From its inception in 1998, Media Temple has helped web designers, developers, creative agencies and enterprises focus on successfully running and growing their business while we take care of all their hosting needs. Over 125,000 people and businesses in 100 countries rely on our people-powered web and cloud hosting solutions to host more than one million websites. Our premium service model combined with our scalable technology allows us to focus on delivering only exceptional quality solutions and best-in-class, award-winning 24/7 customer support. Our clients range from top tier designers, popular blogs and online creative communities, to global advertising agencies and major brands. With 230 dedicated, U.S.-based employees, Media Temple has been repeatedly recognized as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles.
Media Temple, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Media Temple, we're in the business of hosting great ideas. We're also in the business of building great careers! Isn't this where you really want to be? Apply today!