Xero is online accounting software that gives small businesses and their advisors real time access to accounting information, anytime, from anywhere. If you believe in the potential of great software, and share our commitment to make the lives of millions just a little bit better, then we would love to hear from you!
We are seeking a Group Product Manager in our People product team to contribute in shaping our US product and leading a team of product managers. You will build modern, #beautiful experiences focused on payroll and employee experiences across web and mobile. You will be involved in all phases of product development from ideation to partnering with engineering and design to build a great product.
We work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly — have fun.
- Manage/mentor product managers that are leading US payroll teams.
- Focus on helping junior product managers become superstars and helping senior product managers to evolve into leaders.
- Lead a small team of engineers that's focused on US electronic services for payroll tax payments and filings.
- Set 1-2 year product plan for the US product team accounting for market, competition and customer needs.
- Create roadmap for delivering on the plan including creating clear product requirements.
- Collaborate with Director of Product and Global VP, Product Development on product definition and product roadmap.
- Makes decisions, shapes and/or champion's enhancements for the US product line supporting the overall business strategy.
- Gain and maintain expertise in the product, market and business trends.
- Continually monitor competitor and industry development.
- Primary product/product line knowledge source for the business.
- Primary evangelist and champion for the product/product line.
- Develop go to market plans alongside sales and marketing to implement them.
- Work with Product Marketing on marketing communication materials to support the product/product line.
- Collaborate with Education team on training materials and certification for our partners and SMBs.
- Define and monitor product launch readiness and success metrics.
- Provide product communication to a wide variety of audiences i.e. customers, senior management, internal groups, and internal departments and at industry events.
You Will Need:
- Minimum of 7+ years as a Product Manager or similar, bonus for experience in payroll software
- Proven track record for developing, managing, and launching modern web applications
- Exceptional technical and data-analysis skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in UI/UX design a strong plus
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.