#LifeIsSweet at SugarCRM
The people. The passion. The success. You will frequently see Sugas huddled around a desk or whiteboard collaborating, cranking out ideas, or solving the latest industry problem. Are you ready to play a key role in influencing how companies create extraordinary relationships with their customers? We'd love to hear your ideas! We're going places... join us for the ride, experience sweet success and show us your passion.
SugarCRM is a visionary in the Gartner's 2016 Magic Quadrant for Sales Force Automation and we are seeking a Platform Product Manager to help lead our Application Platform Services.
As the Platform Product Manager, you will be working with an amazing team to shape our application platform strategy and execution on the SugarCRM platform. Ideal candidates should have a product management track record with enterprise platforms and have the technical background to closely work with our engineering teams. This is an high impact position that requires both technical skills and product judgement to deliver the maximum impact tactically and strategically. You have the ability to bridge business and technical considerations that result in innovative and compelling solutions.
As a leader on the platform team, you will actively influence the roadmap and own major areas of the platform. These areas include Identity, mobile services, and areas related to machine learning and data insights. We want to continue to build top-notch products to fulfill our customers' needs to provide simply the best sales, marketing, and customer service experience to their employees and customers.
- Help define the product roadmap and prioritize investments through collaboration with customers, partners and key stakeholders in the organization. Identify clear deliverables in the short and mid term to meet market needs.
- Develop a deep understand of our platform and the CRM competitive landscape.
- Understand the needs of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research and be a customer advocate to internal teams
- Capture and document customer use-cases that result building successful solutions
- Be the subject matter expert for Sugar and be the product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of the product and its features internally and externally
- Lead product definition and day-to-day execution for your product area by collaborating with Engineering and other teams like User Experience, QA and Documentation
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
Note: This is an individual contributor role.
- 3-5+ years product management experience, ideally in a platform role working on SaaS based products
- Technical experience in building enterprise platforms or mobile services
- Knowledge of the CRM market and related technology is beneficial but not required
- Experience leveraging data to make decisions and drive growth
- Outgoing personality, high energy and passion for solving the challenges at hand.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Guiding teams to a precise understanding of product decisions and resulting impacts is critical. Experience guiding executives through product discussions is key.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming business needs into a successful product strategy. Proven ability to set & deliver on product vision & commitments.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and available resources, all while articulating the rationale behind decisions
- Demonstrated strong capabilities in communication— both oral and written —and presentation skills for all levels of audience including C-level
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Outstanding team player with the ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas
- Experience in product design, user experience design and engineering background a definite plus
- BS/BA required. Technical background strongly preferred.
- Respect and expect accountability
Location: Cupertino, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: SugarCRM does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any SugarCRM employee. SugarCRM will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of SugarCRM and will be processed accordingly.
What is it REALLY like to work here?
- Open is at the heart of our business and our culture. You won't find cubicles here
- Everyone is asked for ideas and problem-solving solutions
- Engineers drive many of the product's features
- Employees are closer to the customer's needs
- Entrepreneurial-spirited employees
- Collaborative work environment
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact now
- We are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Learn more @LifeAtSugar. Follow us!