Code for America builds technology to help government work for the people and by the people in the 21st century. We're starting with the people who need government's help the most.
We envision a world where government programs work as well as the best consumer services. We are committed to bringing about systems change through a user-centered, iterative, and data-driven approach to service delivery. We're focused on helping people get access to healthy food, avoid unnecessary incarceration, and gain access to good jobs. We're looking for a Product leader to drive product strategy, growth and revenue across our entire portfolio, and build out strong product management and UX design functions in close collaboration with engineering leadership.
- Define product strategy, core metrics, and roadmap. Align on shared initiatives, shape and scope projects, and develop clear, measurable goals in line with business goals.
- Drive our overall product vision, strategy and delivery: defining and promoting UX principles; fostering a true user-centered design process; and advocating for users.
- Focus our product work on the customer and business problems with the biggest impact.
- Lead cross-functionally to develop and execute your ideas through all aspects of the product development lifecycle including design, development, and iteration.
Integrate user research, market analysis, and community feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy user needs.
- Attract, empower and retain talented PMs and UX Designers, helping us accelerate while staying a great place to work
- Develop talented PMs and UX designers into world-class practitioners and leaders in their own right.
- Articulate standards, define operational metrics, develop process, and evangelize shared PM and UX practices.
These are the qualities we believe are most critical for this role:
- You have a history of defining great metrics-moving ideas - experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with design and engineering teams is a must
- You're an effective team-builder and inspirational people leader, capable of managing the day-to-day performance of cross-functional software service teams that include engineers, designers, and customer support.
- You have significant experience leading software business units. You are able to model the costs of product development and distribution, the revenue curves associated with different growth paths, and work with leadership to help refine our core strategy accordingly.
- You've led growth efforts in a SaaS or consumer context. You should be well versed in analytics, A/B testing, distribution channel development, digital advertising, and more. You should have a solid understanding of referral structures and virality.
- You understand the role of user research, service design, and digital product design in creating sustainable impact in the domains we are trying to influence, and building Code for America's brand among our different stakeholder groups.
Code for America offers full health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with matching funds and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
About Code for America
We are a six year old startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work collaboratively and agilely and strive to learn from everything we do. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We're looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.