Ever wanted to be the CEO of a product in one of America's leading FinTech companies? Come join OnDeck and help disrupt lending!
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our team members and power their growth through challenging them every day and offering inspiring careers. We're all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun - Whether it's community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that's enabled us to say "yes" more often and faster than traditional lenders.
You will be joining the OnDeck Product team - a group of product managers, designers and user researchers with deep passion for building elegant and rave worthy user experiences to solve big, complex problems. As CEO of your product, you will be responsible for all aspects of the product - from conducting foundational user research to identify unmet needs, building winning solutions and continuously improving them. We dream big, we breathe user centricity and design thinking, we live Agile and practice Test-and-Learn. Oh, and having fun is a big part of what we do - whether it's community service events, book club meetings, hot sauce contests or weekly social hours in the office.
As an Associate Product Manager at OnDeck, you will:
- Leverage user behavioral data, feedback and research to discover problems and unmet needs at different states of the user journey.
- Identify the highest leverage areas and look into different ways to create a solution.
- Create business cases to synthesize the core hypothesis and influence senior leadership about the potential product-market fit and prioritization.
- Define your Product Vision, why it is relevant and how you plan to solve for it.
- Define a learning agenda and an iterative approach to testing your key product hypothesis.
- Work with Design, Technology and other partners in scoping different solutions, writing stories and building the solution, and preparing the organization for product launch.
- Monitor the performance of your product and continuously improve it.
- Act as an evangelist of your product in the organization.
Qualifications for success:
- You have minimum two years of experience in product management and delivery
- You have a strong technical background; ability to construct wireframes and design user experiences while understanding basic API functionalities
- You have a data-driven approach to understanding and optimizing processes.
- You have exceptional communication skills across stakeholders, technologists, data scientists, senior management, and third party partners
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are capable of building relationships to gain buy in and achieve business results
- You have a passion for following and improving Agile development
- You have a history of customer centric focus throughout problem
What we offer you:
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck stats and in the news:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York's largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People's Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain's New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Crain's New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014