We're looking looking for a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager to join our team in San Francisco, to own the vision and execution for how Spotify integrates with other applications, specifically within social and messaging platforms. In this role, you will be responsible for working with the largest social and messaging platforms in the world, including Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter. Music plays a critical role on these platforms and they play a critical role in the daily lives of our users, and this role is an opportunity to help expand Spotify's presence on them in a meaningful way.
The Partners & Platform Experience Tribe creates and distributes the Spotify experience across emerging platforms and partnerships, including key moments in the living room and car, major partnerships like Facebook, Bose, and Playstation, and via partner tools, such as the Spotify Play Button.
What you'll do
- Deeply understand Spotify's mission and strategy, and manage a product vision for a cross-functional team within the social and messaging area for app integrations. Set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals for this vision.
- Deeply understand the social and messaging area, and the developments and strategies on the biggest platforms and applications in this space.
- Integrate exploratory user research, usability studies, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Identify, evaluate and maintain relationships with partners. Articulate and drive your product vision, understanding our partner's product and strategy, but ultimately maintaining a strong point of view on what is best for the user and for Spotify.
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other areas of the business, including business development, legal and marketing.
- Define, monitor and analyse metrics for launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a wide range of audiences, from partners and internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees.
- Manage end of product life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or product retirement.
- Work from our office in San Francisco and collaborate with teams across the world.
Who you are
- 5+ years product management experience developing consumer-facing digital products or other relevant experience
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Economics, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical understanding
- Experience facilitating collaboration of cross-functional teams (engineering, design, research, and business development) in an effective and inclusive manner
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to business people, partners and engineers
- Experience with agile methodology and data-informed product development
- You are passionate about the social and messaging space, and Spotify's role within it.
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a product manager in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on mass-market software applications.
- You're entrepreneurial and driven, but you're also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams and decision-making at all levels within an organisation without wielding formal authority.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.