Do you want to have an impact on millions of users from day 1 of your new job? Come join one of the internet's original brands, priceline.com, and help our millions of customers find the best deals on travel, anywhere, any time, on any screen.
The Product Team at Priceline.com is seeking an enthusiastic, data-driven Product Manager to work on our Flights product. Position is based in our midtown New York City office, but half of the development team and many stakeholders are located in our Norwalk, CT office so travel there is required 1-2 times per week.
Ideal candidates will thrive in the day-to-day and the big picture; leading a scrum team and communicating in a large organization. Must demonstrate experience optimizing online commerce funnels, understanding customer behavior through qualitative and quantitative research, and creating simple user experiences that provide measurable results. Must thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements.
What You'll Do:
- Understand the current landscape to identify insights and drive opportunities to grow our business - connect with travelers to understand their painpoints, analyze usage of our product, understand competitor offerings, align with internal strategic initiatives and partner needs.
- Work with business customers (metasearch) to understand and prioritize requests
- Define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage design, development and quality assurance activities for a cross-functional scrum team of 6-8 people, and be accountable for delivery of product by this team.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Assist in managing the prioritization and research of new features and bugs.
- Continuously propose new A/B tests to improve conversion and engagement.
- Be the glue! The product manager holds an organization together - it is part of your job to communicate often with all team members.
- Get your hands dirty. We are a lean team and there is no job too big or too small. Some days you will be planning for the next quarter, and other days you will be diving into database records or inspecting API responses to help the development team troubleshoot an issue. We are very hands-on.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years experience as product manager for a transactional/e-commerce online product. Must have direct web experience, responsive web a plus.
- Experience optimizing conversion through steps in a transactional funnel/paid product flow. Experience making a data-heavy product easy a plus.
- Enthusiasm for creating differentiated products and user experiences. Experience merchandising deals/discounts a plus.
- Demonstrated empathy for and championing of the user.
- Experimental and data driven approach. Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues
- Humility; openness to new processes and a desire to grow and learn. Must be great team player that works well in collaborative and multi-cultural environments
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge
- A self-starter who is confident and able to move projects forward with little direction, while communicating regularly to impacted parties, and remaining in alignment with team standards
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills - from product specifications, to JIRA tickets, to stakeholder presentations
- Experience with Google Analytics and basic SQL
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Experience working in travel is useful. Passion for travel required!
- BS/BA required.
Why you'll love working with us:
- You'll run a truly cross-functional, full-stack team, delivering features with very few dependencies outside of your scrum team (a PM dream!)
- Changes you drive will impact millions of travelers every day, giving your work great exposure and purpose.