Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more.
As a PM, you’ll play a key role in rethinking our foundational infrastructure for plans (i.e. what we sell) and benefits, designing internal tools to build out and manage our plans, help drive the development and roll out of Oscar’s proprietary claims system, and enable better experiences and innovative features for our members, providers and internal users.
We'd love to hear about your experiences and interests to see what would be a great fit for you!
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2-4+ years. (We’re serious!)
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; you’re curious by nature and excited to get into the details and become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system and how different systems interact, develop conceptual data models based on the needs of the business, and how to communicate that complexity and user impact simply and cleanly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strategic and analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects and identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- A end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational and system details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others and can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing multiple small and large projects at the same time and getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Defining the business and user goals of your features and product area(s)
- Creating process and system specifications for our operations and technology, and working across teams to implement them.
- Designing and architecting large pieces of proprietary infrastructure and user tools
- Working with engineers, designers, and other internal stakeholders to create specs and implement features.
- Making sure your features are on track and high quality, and helping your team adjust them as needed.
- Generating insights from data and user research to inform decisions, create learnings, and measure success.
- Coordinating and organizing work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
- Testing, monitoring and maintaining the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.