Imagine Canada works alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
Grant Connect helps charities thrive by combining philanthropic expertise, high-quality donor data, leading technology, and a steadfast commitment to being an accessible solution for all Canadian fundraisers. As a social enterprise, the more nonprofits Grant Connect supports, the more we can invest back into technology and communities.
About the Role
We are looking for an innovative and customer-centric Digital Product Manager to join our growing team and help us push the envelope in a changing environment.
As the Digital Product Manager on our dynamic and driven team, you will develop new Grant Connect features, go-to-market strategies, and messaging that aligns with the larger picture of Imagine Canada, drives value for our users, and grows our nonprofit market in Canada. Reporting to the Director, Product Management and Innovation, you will work collaboratively with our IT development partners and across departments to deliver and promote a world-class product for our nonprofit customers.
This role requires a combination of data and philanthropy knowledge to obtain a deep understanding of Grant Connect and our customers’ needs, combined with the marketing skills to effectively communicate and improve product capabilities and benefits. While not a technical role, the Manager will be comfortable working with our systems, IT development partners, and guiding future technical development work. The Manager will also provide sales content and tools for our outreach and marketing teams, coordinate feature roadmaps and launches, and launch new campaigns.
- Develops quick rapport and strong relationships with supporters/partners, industry and philanthropic influencers, and other key charitable sector stakeholders
- Supports development of annual budgets, and measures relevant parameters to continuously improve outcomes
- Maintains knowledge of best practices and trends within Canadian philanthropy and of the evolving needs of our users, and incorporates insights into product development
- Coordinates User Experience Group and analyzes user needs, behaviors, attitudes, turning research findings into clear insights and actionable recommendations
- Provides direction and supervision to direct reports, including recruitment/selection, monitoring/evaluating staff performance, and coaching/training
- Support the Coordinator, Data Management, in the ongoing development and quality assurance of all product content
- Manages internal working groups and committee meetings including coordinating with others to set agenda, chair discussion, and provide follow-up
- Organizes and implements a product roadmap with clearly defined features that deliver maximum value for our users
- Manages relationship with our external agile development and delivery team to design and build new product features, on time and on budget
- Communicates product features, capabilities and benefits through presentations, architecture diagrams, graphics/illustrations, videos, solution guides, collateral, blog posts, and more
- Develops and delivers sales training content as needed to support campaigns and the new feature introduction process
- Presents at events and webinars as a subject matter expert and spokesperson for Grant Connect
- University or college degree in a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in related role(s)
- Demonstrated ability in launching or growing new products or programs
- Knowledge and experience in project management (with experience in agile methodologies preferred)
- Skilled in content creation which may include blogs, white papers, detailed product collateral, architecture/marketecture diagrams, etc.
- Skilled in persuasion with the ability to motivate, train, and influence others towards achieving common goals
- Ability to easily adapt and multi-task in a changing environment, managing several projects at once and meeting deadlines under pressure
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success
- Collaborative with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and informally to achieve overall business objective
- Excellent communication skills, with self-confident and engaging presentation skills and the ability to write compelling copy in a multitude of mediums
- Highly proficient leveraging enterprise technology, with an understanding of, and strong interest in, data management, database, and UX principles
- Experience managing external vendors and leading cross-functional teams
- Understanding and appreciation of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector (experience working for a nonprofit preferred but not required)
- Willing to travel outside of the GTA from time to time
- Proficiency in both official languages is preferred but not required
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: On-site at 65 St Clair Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto
- Deadline for Applications: July 27th, 5:00PM EST
- Expected Start Date: September 4th, 2018
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our staff values.
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
We offer a compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity for development within your career. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line, “Manager, Digital Product”. No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.