What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world's largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what's new, now and next in music and audio.
We're looking for a Product Manager, Payments and Subscriptions to join our team in Berlin. Working with a world-class engineering team, you'll be responsible for secure, fast, and reliable online purchases, managing subscriptions, and reporting revenues to our accounting team. As we scale our revenue-sharing program, you'll also be responsible for royalty payments to the world's independent music and audio creators. You will collaborate closely with the engineering, design, Go To Market team and the Finance team on all payment related topics.
- Communicate product vision and strategy for your product internally and externally.
- Interpret and refine strategic business goals into actions towards product changes.
- Use data-driven approaches to guide your decisions and continuously iterate on payment and subscription management flows.
- Plan for and perform post-release analysis to measure customer and business impact.
- Prioritize features, improvements and bugs based on customer impact and business goals.
- Determine best areas of improvement, taking into considering implementation time, return on investment and trade offs.
- Engage with payment and subscription vendors and partners.
- Coordinate with other product managers and teams.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or work experience in a relevant field 5+ years of product management and/or business experience, experience with agile methodology and ideally distributed teams. Proven record of delivering successful products & services.
- You're familiar with payment service providers and subscription management systems.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Extremely thorough, detail-oriented and organized with ability to manage multiple parallel projects.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, as well as a high level of comfort leading workshops and presentations with a diverse group of stakeholders and teams.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
“SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute”.