The Senior Product Manager, Video Discovery will own and lead the success of the Video Search and Recommendations product by driving development, executing a go-to-market strategy, and ensuring overall profitability.
Along with external customers, you will work with multiple internal teams including sales, technical services, account management, product marketing, engineers, data scientists, and designers to set and execute the vision and strategy for existing products and uncovering new products. This is an important opportunity for a product leader to drive the success of products that have executive-level visibility.
In this role, you will:
- Define and execute the product roadmap for our suite of Video Discovery products, including video search and recommendations.
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals.
- Provide sales, support, and API documentation for internal and external consumers.
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements and deliver product functionality.
- Act as product owner in an Agile development process.
- Collaborate with other product managers, designers, and engineering teams to deliver products
- Serve as technical liaison to the Support Team and respond to high priority customer questions.
- Review and write functional specifications to communicate and guide product development.
- Integrate and analyze product usage to continually optimize performance and user experience.
We’re excited about candidates who have:
- 5+ years product management or related work experience in data-driven web services (e.g. video analytics, asset management, CRM) in an agile environment.
- A record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered products at scale by working with customers to solve their unique needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with big data, data analysis, information retrieval, and concepts like streaming pipelines, map/reduce jobs, and non-relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and a penchant for making data-driven decisions.
- Experience working with machine learning concepts like collaborative filtering, deep learning, and natural language processing.
- UI/UX experience
- Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.