At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As Product Manager, you’ll already have confidence in your core skills whilst being aware of what you don’t know yet. A strong sense of personal belief is important, supported by work samples, references, and lessons learned on the way.
We are seeking a Product Manager to join the 3rd Party Development Team within our racing business in London.
You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities within our racing business and then partnering with external studios to together ensure that Product Management is delivered to NaturalMotion and Zynga standards and that business goals are met.
Equipped with a combination of outstanding analytical skills, business judgement and strategic thinking you will work with 3rd party teams to create world-class experiences that engage millions of players day after day and secure our position at the top of the racing category.
REPORTS TO: General Manager 3rd Party Development
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand our players, their experience and psychology. Identify player needs and opportunities to build new features and experiences that improve our business KPIs or allow our games to expand into new audiences and onto new platforms.
- Evaluate and on-board new development teams in order to setup 3rd party partnerships for success. Support and mentor teams on what good Product Management looks like, setting standards and outlining NaturalMotion/Zynga requirements and working practises where appropriate.
- Working within a cross discipline 3rd party Team, create handoff documents, specifications and project briefs.
- Prioritise features and opportunities based on business and player impact. Determine expected outcomes and create forecast models by analysing data and using competitive insight.
- Oversee, guide and support external teams to ensure effective Product Management through all stages of development.
- Identify and scope telemetry requirements to ensure data driven insights can be obtained.
- Create dashboards and feature review analysis / reports that build knowledge and share product insight within the rest of the team.
- Plan and deliver world class live operations, including planning live ops strategy, executing analysis, creating dashboards, implementing live meta data changes, and sharing insights with the rest of the team.
- Ensure the right frequency and depth of health checks are in place. Monitor releases once live and ensure issues are addressed effectively and quickly.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The below is a list of ideals, however we are always interested in talking to applicants who fulfil some but not all criteria but that have the willingness to develop those skills in the role:
- Passionate about mobile games and making titles that entertain millions of people around the world.
- Experience of live-operation of a successful free-to-play mobile game.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to find answers to business questions via hands on exploration of data using SQL, Excel, statistical analysis and business intelligence tools.
- Experience in optimising product features after release through multivariate testing and data driven iteration.
- Ability to forecast future feature potential based on past game performance and competitive insight.
- Strong communication & leadership - confident with both verbal and written communication, able to influence others. Proactively take the lead in getting teams to deliver great results.
- Team player - able to work well across multiple disciplines and with many personality types.
- Previous experience working with 3rd party or remote development teams.
- Willingness to travel to visit external studios as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch provided every Friday
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus