Light is pioneering the era of the software-defined camera. Powered by sophisticated computational processes, software-defined cameras deliver intelligent, high-quality imaging at cost-effective, global scale. Light’s first product, the award-winning L16 Camera, has eliminated the quality or convenience dilemma that has plagued photographers for a century. Light’s foundational technologies, including its Lux Capacitor camera control chip and its Polar Fusion Engine for multi-image processing, are licensed for use in applications like smartphones and beyond. To learn more about Light, visit light.co.
Light’s Product Manager role is responsible for defining, planning, and guiding specific Light customer-facing projects. Working to establish ownership of clear definition and representation of specific Light products and projects, the Product Manager engages with teams throughout the company to successfully develop and accomplish product goals and requirements. Our successful Product Managers play a major part in helping to define how Light continues to change the world.
what you get to do...
- Contribute to the Light product and project roadmap for specific endeavors: establishing requirement and feature definition, clarifying measures of success, and working with other teams for integrated and overlapping development efforts.
- Oversee one or more projects from a combined portfolio of consumer products, technology partner endeavors, and development initiatives and tools.
- Work directly with our Technology Managers to contribute to the planning of and request initiatives from Light development paths.
- Coordinate with Engineering on Product initiatives and continuously represent the needs of the product and the customer.
- Work with Operations and Program Management for aspirational and achievable scheduling, planning, and ongoing support and refinement.
- Establish clear product requirements and functionality, and work heavily with Marketing to define and support outbound messaging for consumers as well as technology partners.
- Work directly with Light customers and technology partners to stay at the forefront of imaging technology and deliver groundbreaking products in all channels.
what you bring to Light...
- 2+ years in product and project definition
- Clear and direct experience in multi-tiered project ownership and management
- Strong leadership experience in cross-functional endeavors
- Direct experience in both technical and consumer product feature definition, experience with integrated hardware-software-service products is a plus
- A foundational technical background is expected, with experience in imaging fields a strong plus
- Love of and strong interest in photography and imaging, at any capability level, is highly encouraged
- Minimum MS/ME or equivalent experience in product-related fields
it would increase your cool factor if you...
- know how to take beautiful photos
- like to learn about new camera tech
- have a discerning eye for superb photography
oh, but there's more...
- You get to up-level your game as you work with world class technologists who have proven they know how to create extraordinary technology.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life, family leave and commuter benefits.
- We value flexibility and know that it's a 2-way street. So our teammates get to enjoy our open time off policy.
- Our passion for photography is evident in everything we do from our in-house photo talks, gallery walks and other photography-obsessed events!
- Food. Yes. We eat a lot.
- Own an L16!
This full-time role based at Light's Palo Alto headquarters is ready to be filled immediately.
To reimagine photography, visit: https://light.co/.
We appreciate your interest in Light!
Individuals seeking employment at Light are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.