Working at Button is one of the most fun, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you'll have - and it's one of the reasons why we were voted one of the best places to work in NYC.
Button builds meaningful connections between mobile apps, providing the connective fabric that allows apps to guide their users to make the right purchase at the right time. We’ve built our reputation on reliability and innovation, and build products with a focus on quality, scale, and reliability.
As a Product Manager at Button, you will be responsible for devising, developing, and overseeing the creation of Button products with a keen eye on our customer needs, business goals, and vision for the future of mobile commerce.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building products that make an impact for customers, end users and for, well, Button. This role requires a product leader with a CEO mindset, who can think strategically yet practically, who can continuously "zoom-in" and "zoom-out", and think vision while delivering each sprint at a time.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job, and are fanatic about experimenting with new technologies. The tools we use today are Productboard, Jira, Chart.io, Slack, Salesforce, and a host of proprietary tools we’ve built - but we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Define and evangelize the vision for the product(s) that you oversee to the company
- Build, extend and maintain a roadmap for the product(s) that you oversee
- Do whatever it takes to drive your projects forward and ensure success
- Measure the efficacy of existing products and define measurement of success for new ones
- Bring pragmatic product definition to our vision, and rally the company around it
- Ship it!
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Built and shipped successful products
- A growth mindset and experience building and shipping unsuccessful products (this is how we learn)
- Fostered an environment of “excellent work” where team members feel empowered and proud of what they create
- Learned how to build and strengthen relationships … while saying “no” or “not now”, when needed
- Expertise and a nuanced point of view on the mobile commerce and developer ecosystem
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Yaniv Gilad, VP of Product. Prior to Button, Yaniv led Product Innovation at a content discovery and personalization company called Outbrain. In his spare time he reads, tinker with mechanical keyboards and writes at prodissues.com.
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups.. some of which were successful. In his spare time, Chris is an avid foodie and wine-lover. When not eating or drinking he will always be found tinkering with some new project (or tweeting).
- Mike Wakerly, CTO. Mikey is Button’s Hawaiian shirt enthusiast and Chief Technology Officer. A former Googler and a San Francisco transplant, he loves mountain biking, tinkering on electronics, and any excuse to take a road trip.
- Gabriella Porrino, Partner Success Manager. As Button's partner success manager, Gabriella works for and with our partners to ensure they are getting the most value (and joy!) out of our platform. In her spare time, Gabriella bikes around NYC in search of tacos and/or vegan desserts.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can learn more about how we are making Button a diverse and inclusive environment through our perks and benefits here.