Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open EdTech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesomeness. So here’s your opportunity.
Launched in 2011, Canvas is the fastest growing Learning Management System (LMS) and is now used by millions of teachers and students around the world. We are looking for an experienced software product manager based in London to join our International Product Management Team. In this position, you’ll be at the center of EdTech and our mission to improve teaching and learning globally.
You will be working on developing new ideas and features based on industry understanding, direct contact with customers and prospects as well as market trends. Make Canvas relevant for the geographies you serve. More than anything, our product managers are chartered with thinking outside the box and raising the bar for usability and engagement. We are a startup, and there can be a lot of noise around features and functionality. Your job is to separate the wheat from the chaff and craft the strategic product vision for the geography you serve as the lead for product management. This means identifying really good ideas, justifying, defining, championing, and ultimately delivering those ideas.
What you will be doing:
- Be a product and subject matter expert on the Canvas Learning Management System and its use and benefits in universities, K-12 schools, vocational, and other education institutions.
- Work closely with internal teams, customers, and user groups to learn and understand what’s required to make our product successful in the EMEA markets (including UKI, Scandinavia, Benelux, DACH, Iberia, etc.).
- Identify regional product gaps to improve the existing products and develop new product features. Gather and analyze local data, build business cases, define success, and align with the company strategic goals to prioritize these opportunities.
- Conduct internal and external interviews to define and validate the user stories.
- Partner with US and European colleagues in product management, UI/UX design, engineering, product marketing, sales, and customer success to discover, design, develop, and release product features to accelerate our international expansion.
- Identify suitable regional solution providers and close certain product gaps via partnerships and third party development.
- Conduct competitive analysis, develop, validate, and customize product positioning to differentiates our products in EMEA markets.
- Ensure successful product and feature releases and launch communications, inform and empower the regional cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate and contribute to the efforts to expand the Canvas footprint in the EMEA markets.
Here's what you will need to know/have:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in software product management.
- Proven track records to successfully define and deliver complex software solutions in the international markets.
- Experience in the educational technology or B2B Cloud SaaS industries are preferred.
- Product owner experience in the Scrum software development process is a plus.
- A passion for exceptional products and user experiences.
- Empathetic and lead by influenceExcellent communication with the internal teams and customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive and collaborative, be able to meet commitments independently, as well as with the cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills, collect and analyze data, separate the signal from noise to draw conclusions and recommendations.
- About 25% travel.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Excellent benefits and perks, because we want you to be happy, healthy: fully paid private medical insurance, pension, life assurance, personal travel insurance, wellbeing fitness tracking, contribution to your commuter and fitness/welfare, study assistance, study leave, charity leave, childcare vouchers, massages etc.
- Equity!! - Yes, everyone at Instructure gets equity, because your success is the company's success and the company's success, is your success
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays and flexible work schedules
- Fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches (yay!!)
- iMacs or Macbooks
- Most importantly, you get to work with a tight knit team who embrace innovation and are committed to being excellent at what they do
- Check us out on Glassdoor, to get the low-down from people that are not in the HR or marketing department :)
We've always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be. And when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.