Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Product at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
As a product manager, you will spend your days advancing Venmo’s internal tools to exceed our users’ wants and needs, including those they haven’t yet articulated. We learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We're never completely done.
What You’ll Do
- Execute the overall Internal Tools roadmap, balancing Venmo feature launch support work, Tooling usability and scalability improvements and Tools product line expansion.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, and other PMs to prototype, define, and create innovative tooling solutions that meet the needs of both Venmo users and operational teams in scalable ways.
- Contribute to the development and execution of Internal Tools strategy. Own the prioritization, execution, and excellence of our Internal tools. Be strategic and scrappy. Solve problems. Do what needs to be done.
- Collaborate daily with engineering, design and operational leaders to build amazing and thoughtfully planned experiences.
- Synthesize feedback on the current tooling experiences -- both qualitative (user interviews and, surveys) and quantitative (onboarding funnels, usage trends) -- to identify emerging customer needs, future features, and potential iterations.
- Assess new opportunities for existing or potential tooling products.
- Deliver full experiences by working with our operations teams on planning and launching features.
- 1-3 years of experience of product ownership, preferably in an agile software development environment. Experience in a startup environment is a huge plus.
- Analytical mindset and skills in research and coordination.
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with lots of examples of projects you've spearheaded.
- The ability to be both strategic and tactical.
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity in all things, a task-oriented streak and a hunger for knowledge.
- Data-driven decision-making experience
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.