Pond5 is the most filmmaker friendly marketplace for the licensing of content, with over 11.5M video assets and over 30M other creative assets. Over 55,000 contributors transact daily with hundreds of thousands of buyers in 150 countries around the world. If you’re passionate about marketplaces and confident you can deliver products that engage and inspire the creators we serve, this is a unique opportunity to have a huge and lasting impact on a high-growth business.
In this role, you’ll own the product roadmap for our ecommerce business and implement many of the most critical features to our company’s growth in the coming years. We’ll expect you to prioritize rigorously and effectively, developing thoughtful, data-driven business cases for your decisions, and executing relentlessly against those priorities.
- In close collaboration with Content, Engineering, and other Product team members, identify and prioritize new features and optimizations based on business objectives, metrics, and analysis
- Organize these priorities into a well-documented and flexible roadmap (this involves gathering and interpreting data, evaluating solutions and tradeoffs, creating transparency around your decision-making process, and being mindful of quarterly and annual revenue goals)
- Manage the overall product development process from conception through implementation (including product specifications with design schematics for each component)
- Define the metrics you are measuring success against (and ensure any technical requirements for measuring these metrics have been satisfied)
- Operate with urgency and efficiency, meeting deadlines along the way
- Direct a team of designers and developers with various disciplines and backgrounds
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2–5 years of experience owning a product roadmap, preferably for an ecommerce business (and ideally, for a marketplace) and a passion for creating and shipping stellar products
- High level of comfort with essential business concepts - and experience translating abstract goals into granular tasks
- Strong analytical skills, including a basic knowledge of SQL and Google Analytics (extra credit: Python/R/statistical analysis software)
- Experience conducting customer interviews and other qualitative research
- Superb communication skills (whether speaking with an engineer or our executive team)
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Must be available for occasional international travel
- International team of 160+ awesome people
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) program
- Health and dental insurance and other perks
- Equipment needed for work
- A fun team and fast paced environment
Pond5 is the world’s largest, most vibrant video-first content marketplace, providing filmmakers, creators, and producers of all kinds with the content, inspiration, and tools they need to improve their projects. As the only content marketplace that meaningfully shares licensing revenue with its contributing artists, Pond5 is driven by a commitment to its passionate and growing global community of more than 55,000 professional visual and audio creators, providing a platform where their creative work can flourish, and helping them to make a sustainable living. With groundbreaking features like visual search for video and integrations into all major video-editing software, Pond5 is innovating daily, making it easier to find and use the content that creatives need to bring their vision to life. Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group with offices in New York, Dublin, Prague, London, and LA.