Larson Texts, Inc., and its subsidiary Big Ideas Learning LLC, produces student-friendly, market-leading math textbooks that are used by over five million students each year. For almost 40 years, Larson Texts has been deeply committed to providing innovative and coherent print and digital materials to the education community. Our goal is to create educational materials that help students understand and appreciate mathematics.
Larson Texts is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Technology Product Manager to join our technology team in Erie, Pa. This position is accountable for all BIL and LTI digital products, managing their development from research to launch to ongoing improvements, and to ensure they meet pedagogical, technical, and sales requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain a deep understanding of the education technology market to assess competitors, identify product improvement areas and new product opportunities.
- Gain empathy for Big Ideas Learning and Larson Texts user groups through formal and informal customer research.
- Synthesize research and input from shareholders, customer, and stakeholder groups to develop product vision.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external partners to create buy-in for the product vision, ensure technical feasibility and market viability.
- Create and manage the overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Translate product vision into detailed scope documents, including goals, objectives, and requirements; track decisions and feedback to inform product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with editorial teams to ensure digital learning content meets pedagogical standards and employs sound instructional design.
- Schedule and lead meetings with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Act as a leader and product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of Big Ideas Learning/Larson Texts digital products.
- Provide thoughtful, thorough reports and recommendations to the executive team.
- Research and recommend potential product partners or vendors.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in design or technology field and 3-5 years in product management, marketing, sales, or development
- Experience in K-12 education technology required.
- Knowledge of education theory, learning design, and/or best practices in digital instruction preferred.
- Demonstrates ownership of product success, integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Exceptional listening, writing, presentation and business skills.
- Highly motivated to close gaps and craft product clarity quickly to ensure product success.
- Creative use of strategies and tools to communicate, solve problems, and manage time.
- Ability to ask questions and gain clarity around assumptions and opposing points of view with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to synthesize information concisely and accurately.
- Knowledge of user-centered product design strategies and techniques.
- Works well with others and has a team-oriented attitude.
The job is located in Erie, PA.
Larson Texts offers many benefits including competitive compensation, personal time off (PTO), health insurance, flexible spending accounts, profit share, matching 401k, life insurance, health club reimbursement, a casual and modern work environment, free parking, and coffee.