Diligent is the leading provider of secure corporate governance and collaboration solutions for boards and senior executives. Over 12,000 clients in more than 90 countries and on all seven continents rely on Diligent for secure distribution of board materials, secure messaging, integrated compliance, board evaluation and entity management. Diligent’s Governance Cloud is the only solution that meets the evolving governance needs of leading organizations. Visit diligent.com or follow us on Twitter @diligentHQ to learn more.
Position Overview: The Senior Product Manager (SPM) role will assess customer needs and business value by studying market trends, participating in direct contextual customer research, listening to sales, customer success and support calls, and review customer feedback. The SPM will be responsible, within a domain or across domains, for planning with a 6 to 18 month horizon. The SPM will plan, detail and communicate requirements for their entire domain. The role will also include responsibility for establishing the priority of work in their product backlog and communicating that priority to business stakeholders and developers through frequent planning interactions. She/he will work with the team to refine requirements (backlog items and use cases) and will deliver to maximize the value provided by team. The SPM will create and maintains an 18 month roadmap for their domain and present that roadmap to cross-functional audiences. The SPM will identify impediments and aggressively pursue their resolution with peers or with help from senior management, as necessary.
These include the following. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management in the context of the role.
- Lead meetings within the SCRUM framework.
- Deliver high quality user experiences on multiple platforms (Mobile, Web, Desktop) for users in multiple levels of the corporate hierarchy.
- Create detailed, measurable, and testable requirements for use in application design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Lead requirement creation efforts with business and technical communities.
- Work with a cross functional team to carry out requirements
- Problem solving and strategic thinking in software design within the paradigms of Mobile, Web and Desktop applications.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Produce, review and present product requirements documents
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Work closely and collaborate with UI/UX colleagues to conceptualize requirements, turning high level requirements into wireframes, walkthroughs, final designs and assets.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Product Manager.
- SaaS company and product experience, ideally for B2B products/market strategy.
- Experience of Agile product development and SCRUM methodologies.
- Mobile/UI/UX features and concepts experience is advantageous.
- Aligning with Diligent’s culture and values which fosters collaboration, innovation, creative thinking and leadership.
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Ability to type and/or manage laptop or personal computer keyboard for the purpose of internal and external electronic communication.
- Ability to see and hear and communicate verbally
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate to significant impact on the immediate team and division and stakeholders/colleagues and be able to monitor that impact
FSLA Status: Exempt
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.