Powered by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), InMotion Ventures is an investor and incubator focused on the future of mobility and transportation.
InMotion’s Investment Team is an active early-stage investor in mobility services, data analytics, travel and lifestyle, e-commerce, and InsureTech.
It’s Strategic Business Unit (SBU) develops a new generation of proprietary mobility solutions and lifestyle businesses that create experiences for life.
About the Role
You will lead the development and launch of one of InMotion’s first mobility services, focusing on direct-to-car services packaged as a luxury concierge product. This service provides a marketplace that allows customers a modern no-hassle solution for a range of services, including valet, maintenance and remote access.
You will report to the Executive Director, Strategic Business and work with senior stakeholders across the business to bring the service to market and beyond. The successful candidate assumes responsibility for developing the business plan and leading the current team to product launch.
This position requires a passionate self-starter who is able to take ownership: rolling-up their sleeves to make it happen and thinking strategically to help define the proposition’s future.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and members of the Strategic Business Unit to bring the proposition to life
- Lead the product team in further developing the business plan and project managing the product to launch
- Initiate and oversee hypothesis testing during the test phase to validate assumptions about future growth
- Drive the development of the service post-launch, fine-tune unit economics and operations as the business scales and rolls out in additional markets. Technical delivery management required to ensure successful roll-out and future iterations of technical products
- On-boarding and management of outsourced partners. Assessments of technology partners (vendors) who will deliver build of main platform and apps
- Ensure clear communications and coordination across business and development teams. Escalate and resolve risks and misalignment
- Driven to analyse and understand data in order to deliver business performance
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business and functional / technical teams
- Translate product strategy into detailed technical requirements and prototypes
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to analyse user insights based on analytical data
- Lead the mobile apps and backend build by creating stories, facilitation of workshops developers/UX/testers and managing Agile workflow of development
Sebastian Peck, Managing Director
Lars Klawitter, Executive Director - Strategic Business Unit
Strategic Business Unit - Service Design / UX / Marketing / Data Science / Tech / Finance
- Intellectual curiosity, an entrepreneurial personality, persistence and resilience
- Working knowledge of the car services market
- Passionate about disruptive technologies and playing a role in shaping the future of mobility
- Detail-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Natural ability to juggle rapidly changing priorities, switch context between projects and bring ideas to life at lighting speed
- You have a strong network and are (or would like to be) an active participant in the tech community demonstrating thought leadership in your field
- Be confident in tech speak and lead a team of developers / vendors through API build, Web and Mobile App development
- Knowledgeable about product performance through A/B testing and MVT
Technical requirements & experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ideally coupled with prior work experience with a top-tier consulting company
- Working knowledge and experience of lean principles
- A good technical knowledge, understands software and tech-stacks (but you don’t have to code!)
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution (minimum 2.1 or equivalent); an MBA or similar post-graduate qualification from a leading institution is a plus
- A proven track record of developing and launching new products and services in a high-growth environment
- Proven ability to recruit and manage high-performing teams, and a track record of delivering complex projects involving C-Suite stakeholders
- You are eligible to work in UK
What’s on Offer
This is a contractor position with a competitive rate and the potential to become a permanent.
Working with InMotion also comes with some great fringe benefits:
- Exceptional office in the heart of King’s Cross, London
- Free fruit, treats and desk beers throughout the week
- Work alongside inspirational founders, mentors and other start-ups