We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As the Product Operations Manager, you will be the Operations leader across all of the product teams that are building the services and tools that Uber and its partners use to deliver magical customer experiences, easily, reliably and scale.
You will help facilitate strategy with leaders from other functions (Product Management, Engineering, Design, Data Science). You will be responsible for growing and managing the team of Product Ops Specialists that are supporting all of these efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Create deep connections with Customers around the world to ensure your team keeps the pulse on the most pressing needs of the business. The insights your team surfaced will help shape roadmaps across the company.
- Be the voice of the Customer in cross-functional strategy discussions. You will align with the leaders from Product Management, Design, Engineering and Data Science
- Facilitate 1v1s with Product Ops Specialists to set and check in on goals, help prioritize, and remove blockers in order to empower them to do their best work
- Understand your team members’ career goals, and help them find opportunities to get there
- Understand the strengths and improvement opportunities for everyone on your team. Guide them and get them the resources they need to develop
- Encourage collaboration and standardization across Specialists with systems, templates and best practices
- Instill the Product Ops culture, and help everyone connect to our larger mission
- Beyond strategy discussions and people management, you will be responsible for catalyzing several large initiatives that are beyond the goals of any single product team.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 10 years excelling in a Product and/or Operations role at a consumer technology company
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing teams
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to implementation/speed
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision AND get things done
- Exceptional communication skills - Experience with polished written, verbal, visual, and presentation communication. You should have experience communicating with multiple levels of an organization
- Experience working with Product teams - You have successfully worked with Product Managers, engineers, and designers
- Entrepreneurial - Experience playing an integral part at the foundation of teams and/or companies
- Experience working on global initiatives
About the Team
As Uber continues expansion to hundreds of cities around the world, understanding the unique, local opportunities we’re facing in different markets, and aggressively improving technology that fuels growth is critically important. On Product Ops, our mission is to deeply integrate Product and Ops teams at every stage of product development by guiding priorities that result in smoother launches, and tighter feedback cycles.