HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for a technical Product Manager to join HomeAway's platform team focusing on the rates architecture, data model, and capability that user-facing products are built upon.
Vacation rental owners and property managers have complicated requirements when setting up their rates either through API integrations with 3rd party software or through the HomeAway interface in order to optimize their revenue. This deeply complex system is arguably the most powerful tool available for our partners since price is such an impactful conversion lever, driving their top line.
As a part of the product management team, you will serve as a product specialist, combining industry analysis, extensive market research, and deep technical skills to run the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap, defining requirements, collaborating with development to define, implement, deploy, a/b test, measure, and refine new features to deliver a premier partner experience for managing vacation rentals.
- Create roadmap and manage priorities for your product in support of business and partner needs
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from planning to end-user adoption
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
- Work closely with externally-facing product managers, customer experience, sales and adoption teams to capture requirements and user feedback from the field
- Define and articulate the product vision to empower engineer teams to deliver value to our customers
- Conduct market research, including across all Expedia brands, to identify architectural best practices
- Actively participate in agile product development process for roadmap implementation, writing product requirements, user stories, and maintaining the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with design and engineering
- Define data and reporting requirements and drive implementation with the data engineering and business intelligence teams
- Lead a set of projects across the full software development life cycle; execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments
- Launch new products by collaborating with customer service, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies
- Handle resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners
- Product Managers should possess strong business insight and be passionate about the user, well-designed online and mobile products, and software development standards.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a high-tech software company, preferably a B2C e-commerce environment
- 2+ years of hands on software development experience preferred; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of technology & data architecture
- Validated experience leading multiple ongoing complex projects and implementation of micro services
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions
- Ability to lead large, complex projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management standard methodologies and policies
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- High level of initiative and desire to create a premier user experience for our customers
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred
- BS, BA or equivalent, MBA preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.