Coord is an Alphabet-funded startup that’s building the developer platform for urban mobility. Our team has collected a wide range of mobility data and built a suite of APIs that allow application developers to easily integrate on-street parking, pickup, and dropoff regulations, toll prices, live bike-share data, ride-hail quotes, off-street parking, and multimodal routing, all through a single, easy-to-use service.
What is the role?
As Coord’s Product Manager, reporting to the CEO, your role will involve collaborating with every other function in the company to make our offering as good as it can be. Your responsibilities will include:
- Using both quantitative and qualitative data to chart our product development strategy in collaboration with the rest of company leadership;
- Defining product requirements and producing product mocks together with engineers and designers;
- Shipping new, high-impact products and features that increase adoption of our platform;
- Working with our marketing and business development leads and reaching out directly to current and prospective customers to assess market needs, and to quickly evaluate new product concepts and ideas;
- Collaborating with our engineering team to coordinate development efforts, run sprints, and manage product launches.
What you have to achieve
- Within your first month, take ownership of our issue tracking and sprint process, and get cross-functional alignment on our short-term timeline;
- Within three months, lead a company-wide product prioritization process, proposing and evaluating potential areas for work and synthesizing a direction for the company, while launching at least one major new API feature;
- By the end of your first year, launch numerous major features that multiply the user base and reach of the company and lay the groundwork for continued growth.
What we expect
- Passionate about cities and transportation
- You love cities and deeply care about helping people get around more effectively.
- Experience in mobility-related industries (e.g., automotive, ride-share, shared mobility, public transportation, civil/transportation engineering) is a plus.
- You have an extensive track record shipping world-class software products.
- You understand how to build for and market to software developers and to enterprise customers.
- You're comfortable with explaining and understanding code.
- You have the vision and expertise to chart a course for Coord’s product over the course of multiple years.
Obsessed with user needs
- Your product discovery process is deeply rooted in observing user needs and creatively solving problems to improve people’s lives.
- Your product strategies are driven by data and user research interviews, surveys, and observational methodologies.
- Once you’ve sketched out an idea, you find the fastest path to a prototype to prove the concept.
- You have a strong ability to develop focused missions and inspire teams to execute, especially in fast-paces, ambiguous environments.
- You aren’t afraid to sell your product vision to the team, but you’re also flexible and integrate constructive feedback when necessary.
- You are excited to not only continuously improve our products, but also continuously improve our company.
- You are great at communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences.
We are very excited to hear from you.