The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Product Manager to lead a suite of enterprise-class business to business products. This position will join an expanding product team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development.
This product manager will be primarily responsible for defining and managing the AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions (AES) business unit’s websites and applications. Additionally, this position will work collaboratively within the larger Paid Products and Subscriptions team to manage a wide offering of packaged products and services. Working closely with the Sales and Accounting teams to define a standardized practice of product packaging and recommending opportunities for consolidation of products and components will be key to early success. On-going success will be achieved by defining product roadmaps based on a balance of available technology, the needs of clients, and our business goals. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative and analytical approach, an entrepreneurial mind, and a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem. He/she is able to influence the activities of a diverse group of professionals, and demonstrates experience with ROI-driven, on-time, on-budget product management.
If you have a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives, as well as an outstanding portfolio, this is the role for you. The position is based in Wichita, Kansas; Travel will be required.
Who You Are
- Natural leader. Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator. Adaptable.
- Consensus builder who achieves alignment through active stakeholder management.
- Be curious and globally oriented with a pride for building successful products.
- Experienced with diverse product suites appropriate for sale to a wide spectrum of clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Define product requirements for mobile applications and websites, using a data-driven decisions approach.
- Manage full product lifecycle – from conceptualization to launch, maintenance, and end-of-life.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team and meet with clients to maintain an on-the-pulse knowledge of our corporate clients, their users, and the needs of both.
- Cross-functional coordination with different operational and strategic departments in order to identify and launch new content and functionality.
- Conduct business case modelling and competitive analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling, valuable, and ultimately profitable products and refine product road maps.
- Recommend roadmap for strategic international expansion of a primarily domestic product suite.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Product management experience working in conjunction with sales teams, understanding of full product life cycle.
- Experience developing data and analytics products.
Skills We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and demonstrable experience of producing successful products via indirect leadership required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing digital products.
- Strong knowledge of mobile applications, web publishing, and associated technology.
- Experience writing effective requirements (wire frames, user stories, business rules, etc.).
- Strong research, analysis, strategy, and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Experience using online analytics solutions (Google Analytics experience preferred), with a proven ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of large corporate clients and a diverse group of smaller clients, ultimately leading to successful product packages that optimize for revenue potential while reducing churn.
- Experience operating within a SCRUM environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.