We are an ambitious, well-funded startup with plans to change a $1 trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have a proven management team that has done it before, done it before together, and done it before in the travel industry. The company is overflowing with fiercely intelligent people who have tons of energy and an upbeat view of the future. We all act like owners and we get a huge kick out doing great work and doing it fast. We like it even more when we come up with a fresh way to solve a problem. Above all, we are devoted to solving customer problems, because that’s at the center of everything of we do.
- You have an innate ability to put yourself in a customer’s shoes and develop your products with their needs in mind. You elicit feedback from customers and stakeholders through interviews, surveys, testing and other discovery. You distill the results into action items.
- You work seamlessly and collaboratively with UX/Design to provide a valuable and stress-free customer experience.
- You’re looking to join a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team.
- You are willing and able to plug in wherever necessary on product as our engineering priorities shift over time. You are skilled in implementing user experiences in a variety of platforms, including web, native, email and chat.
- You manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- You are the business owner for your product and are the go-to resource for engineering, customer support and all stakeholders.
- You balance product vision with execution - and are willing to roll up your sleeves. You thrive working with teammates, but can also operate autonomously to get things done.
- You have used JIRA or a similar project management tool to manage an agile workflow. You know what an API, a CRM and an MVP are.
- You have 5-7 years of experience managing product and product development. You have a Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
ABOUT THE GIG
- Work with UX to develop a customer experience that is second-to-none.
- Identify features and opportunities that will surprise and delight business travelers. Gather information from engineering and stakeholders to produce requirements for proposed features.
- Manage one or more products as well as new feature candidates on the Upside Engineering Road Map.
- Implement a user discovery plan for your product(s). Perform ongoing competitive analysis.
- Write detailed epics and stories for approved features and work with engineers to deliver continuously in each agile sprint.
- Communicate upcoming deploys to stakeholders and provide support after deploys, proactively offering information and answering questions while whistling and chewing gum. All at the same time!
- Review dashboards and metrics to define usage patterns and opportunities for improvement.
- Triage bugs and fight the occasional fire.
We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
- You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
- You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
- You are all about constructive feedback - you can dish it out and you can take it.
- You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full health, vision, and dental coverage
- 401K plan
- Open paid time off
- Impromptu Nerf gun battles
Upside Travel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.