Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a young, fast-growing company. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a Product Manger who is eager to lead our growing product team and help develop our products.
Your work will include thinking creatively and strategically to advance our products. You will be building, supervising and coaching our product, platform and content teams- helping them plan and prioritize their work. You will bring these teams together to focus on achieving our product goals.
- You have 10 or more years experience in Product Management and/or related field.
- You are the voice of the user who is passionate about their experience. You are out there testing the product, talking to users and getting their feedback firsthand. You are endlessly curious about our customers, and the loudest advocate to ensure that their experience is beautiful, simple and elegant.
- You can develop and help drive a shared understanding of a long term vision that describes how the organization needs to operate now and in the future. You develop detailed action plans which include objectives, accountability, time frames and contingencies. You are cool under pressure and you're not afraid to ask tough questions. You are extremely open to constructive criticism and and take full ownership of your work.
- You are able to attract, hire, engage, and develop talented people to build the capabilities required for the organization to perform at hight levels. You are able to manage the contribution and performance of individuals and teams by communicating clear expectations. You provide quality time and planned commitment to direct reports. You allow for opportunities for them to understand their strengths and limitations in relation to a range of high-quality and relevant competencies. You address problems openly and objectively and have the intention of resolving issues in an unemotional and constructive manner.
- Healthcare + Dental + Vision
- 401k with Employer match
- 3 weeks of paid time off per year.
- 1 week of paid training per year.
- 3 days of paid time off to do volunteer work
- Wellness reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Team events: quarterly social gatherings & annual architecture trip.
- Weekly happy hour
- Open work space environment
- Ergonomic chair, stand-up desk equipment available.
- Discounts to multiple services