Backed by Benchmark, Index Ventures, and Sequoia Capital, Confluent is an infrastructure company founded and led by the original authors and thought leaders behind Apache Kafka, one of the most successful open source data projects ever. Confluent’s products let leaders in industries spanning retail, logistics, manufacturing, financial services, technology and media move data from isolated silos into a real-time data nervous system. We believe all businesses will come to be modeled in software and built atop a streaming platform, and we want to put ours at the heart of every company, both on-premises and in the cloud.
As a Product Manager for Developer Growth, you’ll work across the company to make this vision a reality. You’ll be responsible for the success of a company-wide initiative to drive our adoption with developers, from initial conception and customer development to growth strategy. This is a cross-cutting role that leverages and impacts Confluent's product portfolio, and you will be focused on attracting developers, building compelling onboarding experiences, and helping developers be successful with our entire platform. You’ll become the trusted resource for this initiative, making sure that the engineering, design, and marketing teams have what they need to make the right tradeoffs, build the right products, and grow them successfully in the market.
- Leading the product vision, focused on the developer experience, ensuring that it aligns with the overall product and company strategy
- Driving product roadmap, tactical prioritization, and execution in partnership with engineering and cross-functional stakeholders
- Defining a product strategy to attract streaming developers early in their application lifecycles and growing their usage of Confluent over time
- Engaging with the developer community and ecosystem to identify opportunities for new features, get product feedback, and drive user adoption
- Representing the developer community and bringing the developer’s voice into the product development process
- Working with our engineering, design, and developer experience teams to deliver awesome, new capabilities that push the technology envelope and user experience in real-time, distributed systems
- Defining and executing product initiatives, including developer-facing areas of our website, user engagement tests, product iteration, and more
- Using data and funnel analytics to evolve and inform the direction of product development
- Ensuring developers are successful with Confluent’s products and become convincing advocates for their organizations to adopt Confluent
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years experience as a software product manager, with a proven record of shipping developer-focused products
- Empathy for enterprise developers and a passion for helping them be successful
- Experience building products that onboard developer users early and grow the user base with simple, easy-to-use, powerful features
- Ability to craft and execute a product strategy and roadmap in concert with customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams
- Technical background. Apache Kafka™ is transforming the core data infrastructure of many companies, and Confluent’s products are leading this transformation. Direct experience with modern data and/or developer tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, including the ability to distill technical concepts to an audience that may be new to Apache Kafka™
- Familiarity with modern agile software development practices
- Entrepreneurial or leadership experience
- Bachelor's, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field