BigCommerce, a 2017 "Best Place to Work", is seeking an Associate Product Manager to join our Austin Downtown office. Initially, this exciting position will partner with our Omni-Channel experiences team to work on key company initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Identifying customer problems and shopper behavior and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their shoppers.
- Work closely with users to understand and define their needs and translate the needs into discrete engineering projects in the form of user stories.
- Work with cross-functional partners -- e.g. UX designer, Software Engineer, Product Marketing Manager, Project manager in order to scope, gather requirements, design user experiences, test, launch, sunset and iterate on products.
- Create and manage a prioritized backlog for individual projects and the roadmap, ensuring all work is captured and sequenced in way provides value as quickly as possible, while mitigating risk.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where creative solutions are the norm.
- Interface directly with some of the leading companies of the world such as Amazon, Facebook and eBay to create strong solutions for our merchants.
- Act as a subject matter expert and have ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across both technical and non-technical teams.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
Who you are
- While you may not have previously had a Product Manager title, you have performed Product Manager duties and demonstrated promise of becoming a mature product leader. One to two years as a Business Analyst or Researcher are desired, as well as a degree in Business or Computer Science.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and unstructured problems.
- Ability to work closely and comfortably with engineers to ensure products are being built in a way that meet the business’s current and future needs.
- You have a technical background, or have a technical orientation, enough to get in the weeds with engineers to understand the pros and cons of different technologies, design and potential solutions.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage the successful execution of concurrent priorities.
- Open, collaborative and proven team player, with an ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance or support
- Experience leading data-driven projects and ability to communicate results and insights to cross functional partners
- Analytical experience including familiarity with SQL
- You are problem solver, first and stay curious and engaged to learn, grow and help others around you succeed
- You’re energetic and creative - both key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You have a bias for action and make things happen.
- Ability to get things done. You move fast and you don’t settle for the status quo.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence colleagues and executives.
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events