Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come to Coursera.
In 2016, we began offering fully accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
You will be responsible for curating and personalizing the discovery experience that connects users to the right learning content. You will work with Courserians from Engineering, Design, Pedagogy as well as with Instructors and Researchers at partner universities. The opportunity is not only to build a world-class discovery experience on Coursera, but to create a thriving community of learners that can help each other achieve their career goals.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Think Big: Translate underlying trends in higher education into product needs today and for the next 5 years
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: There’s no shortage of great ideas. Identify the highest leverage projects and work cross functionally to set our product roadmap
- Great Student and Instructor Intuition: We expect our PMs to develop - through testing, dogfooding and observation - great learner and instructor intuition and for that drive the products and experiences we build.
- Understand the Business: Develop a deep understanding of the value of Coursera to students, instructors and universities to inform the development and evaluation of potential business models.
- Ship Product: Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing products, acting as the glue between technical and non-technical teams. Develop a Shared Vision: Work across the organization to build understanding and enthusiasm for the products being built
- 5+ years experience working on creating product experiences in areas of growth, user acquisition or monetization
- Domain experience in ecommerce, personalization or marketplaces
- Excellent consumer intuition
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Technical background a plus
- Solid design instincts
- Strong bias to action
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Critical Thinking in Global Challenges
- Thinking for Business Innovation:
- Product Management: