Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 6 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and health care industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and with each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on things that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism. We are changing the world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Product Manager for the Anaconda Distribution and Conda Ecosystem. This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in shaping Anaconda and Conda for the future while working with passionate, talented people.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and define the roadmap for the Anaconda Distribution and Conda Ecosystem.
- Understand and clearly define user problems. Work with engineering and design to deliver great solutions in an iterative fashion.
- Develop and refine user personas.
- Use data-driven methodology to prioritize roadmap themes.
- Present product features and technical direction to internal stakeholders.
- Write technical content for end users, including blog posts.
- Manage interactions with end users through issue trackers and other communication modalities.
- Be an evangelist for the Anaconda Distribution and Conda Ecosystem.
- Work with Product Marketing to create relevant collateral and messaging.
- Tap into the pulse of the open source, data science, and developer communities.
- Be the interface between disparate stakeholders and roles: Anaconda engineers; community contributors; end users who are data scientists, software developers, sysadmins, and devops engineers.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working successfully within an open source community.
- Possess a deep understanding of the open source ecosystem.
- Superb public speaking and presentation skills.
- A passion for data science.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- You have previous experience as a software developer or devops engineer.
- You have specific experience working with open source data science technologies, like Hadoop, Spark, or Tensorflow.
- You are a passionate user of Conda and Anaconda.
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life, and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!