At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking an experienced Sr. Product Manager to help guide new products from conception to launch. This candidate will support the development of new education (or “Grow”) products and features for multiple platforms tied to Acorns’ strategic vision. This role reports to the Chief Education Officer and is based in New York City.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn our product and development process.
- Onboard to our product management and development tools.
- Introduce yourself to stakeholders and each functional group you’ll be working with.
- Research and understand our customers and competition.
- Become familiar with our targets, strategy and vision for education on multiple platforms.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define product requirements.
- Create and own specs and user stories.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Support the ideation, technical development, and launch of new editorial and educational products and feature enhancements.
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success.
- Conduct user research and lightweight tests to scope and prioritize product initiatives.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Work closely with all functional groups to define, release, measure and manage new products and feature enhancements across all clients.
- Represent your team and present new product ideas independently to our Chief Education Officer and other key stakeholders.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 3-5 years experience in product management, product design or equivalent consulting experience
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex requirements and turn them into clear specifications
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Highly effective judgment and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Detail-oriented approach and superior organizational skills
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful products
- Logical, conceptual data-driven thinking
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to liaise seamlessly between functional teams
- Previous experience at a startup and/or content publisher (preferred)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Matching 401(k)
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society