Netflix provides joy to 125 million subscribers in more than 190 countries around the world. Our subscribers consume over a billion hours of video a month, accounting for one third of the downstream Internet traffic across more than 1,000 different device types.
In 2017, we launched over 1,000 hours of new Netflix originals. Content Engineering at Netflix is a rapidly growing, critical area of the business providing technology to power the Netflix Studio.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead Content Acquisition technology for the studio. That means engaging with both internal and external users of our systems, data science, engineering, legal, finance, creators and operations teams to improve our ability to manage the large volume of titles that need to be setup. You should be comfortable in a fast paced environment where individual freedom and responsibility are key to our success.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate across operations, algorithm, and application development teams to help improve the process for bringing titles onto the Netflix service.
- Work across domains to make producing and delivering content at Netflix a joy.
- Have a focus on data to drive improvements to our products and operational processes.
- The organization is flat, process is minimal, responsibility is big, and you are empowered to drive impact for the business.
Here is what we are looking for:
- At least 5 years experience at a senior level product management position leading major cross-functional projects.
- College degree or equivalent background required. Experience with content management systems and streaming video platforms a plus.
- Experience with large-scale media publishing, i.e. tech, studio, or agency environments.
- Experience working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools.
- Excellent communication skills. Your work will span operations teams managing major productions to engineering teams involved in service critical work, and you need to manage expectations and drive product initiatives effectively.
- The ability to triage multiple high-priority initiatives and focus our efforts on tackling the right problems first.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be product ambassador to the rest of the organization and our global partners.
- Have an eye for compelling design and be able to advocate on behalf of what’s best for our partners.
- Love interacting with operations teams and backend engineers alike.
- Ideally you have had experience in a high tech / software engineering setting, and can quickly get up to speed on the distinctive nature of our system architecture and workflow automation.
- Demonstrate tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter.
- Be curious, always wanting to learn and know more.
- Arrive earnest, mature, and ego-free. We welcome open, candid feedback, and expect all to constructively delve it out as well.
A Few Things Worth Knowing:
- In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot from each individual.
- We welcome people passionate about film, TV, and the future of storytelling/entertainment.
- Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix Culture.