Are you obsessed with building exceptional customer experiences? Great. We are too. Keep reading!
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN:
Blue Apron’s Product team is responsible for developing best-in-class digital products that delight our customers and drive our business requirements. Our Product Managers are at the center of the action, helping to create magical moments throughout the entire customer journey.
We’re doing something pretty important here at Blue Apron. We’re making incredible home cooking more accessible to everyone. When you’re dealing with customers and food at this scale, you’re bound to break a couple of eggs. When our customers experience problems, you see them as your problems.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU:
As a Product Manager, you will be working closely with our Customer Experience (CX) team located in our brand new (gorgeous!) 65,000 sq ft Austin office. Your primary responsibility will be to understand our customer pain points, then eliminate them. You’ll use a blended quantitative and qualitative approach to identify and prioritize opportunities. You’ll comb through data and regularly listen to live customer phone calls. You’ll build internal tools that will help our CX team become more effective and customer-facing features that further enhance the digital experience. You’ll be responsible for key metrics like Churn, Order Rate, LTV and NPS.
To succeed, you need to operate comfortably at the intersection of business, technology, and customer experience. Oh yeah, you’ll be our first PM in Austin! So you must be self-sufficient and a natural leader! The rest of the product team is located in our New York HQ, so travel to NYC will be required on a quarterly basis.
About the Role:
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across Customer Experience, Analytics, Marketing, Finance & Strategy to understand business needs
- Set the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate schedules with a team of engineers, designers and researchers to ship high-quality products
- Maintain a roadmap that simultaneously supports the business and delights customers
- Develop deep empathy for the end user, whether it’s our customer or an internal business stakeholder (e.g. CX representative)
- Create thorough product specs that clearly state objectives, proposed solutions, roles, dependencies, timelines, testing plans, etc.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle of your product - from conception, research, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and all the way through launch
- Develop a framework for experimentation and optimization of new and existing features
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure. Ensuring your team is clear on their objectives
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into the product development process
- Pass on praise when you win. Take responsibility when you don’t.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with strong academic results
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3+ year of product management experience
- Exceptional data-driven thinking and analytical skills
- Experience running rigorous multivariate testing
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- A track record of leadership
- Ability to grasp high-level technical concepts and work closely with engineers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong user experience and design sensibilities
- Endless empathy for the customer
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving environment
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Contagious energy and a positive “find a way” attitude
- Experience building and leading teams.
- Previous eCommerce experience is a plus
- Travel to NYC 4-6 times per year (paid by us, of course!)