Netflix is a pioneer in the entertainment industry and a global provider of streaming video content, now reaching over 125 million subscribers spread across nearly every country on the planet. Our customers consume billions of hours of content per month on a myriad of devices, and business continues to grow rapidly as we focus on penetrating key international markets.
For 2018, we’re planning to spend $8 billion on films, TV shows, and other exciting content, much of which will be branded Netflix Originals. As we venture to become the world’s greatest movie studio, we must successfully develop studio in the cloud tools that will keep us nimble and effective. To that end, our Content Engineering organization is a quickly expanding, critical part of the business.
This area owns all applications built internally to assist various Netflix Studio teams, and we are looking for a Studio Product Manager to support the Buying and Business Affairs teams. Leaning on a proven track record in product management with large-scale enterprises, we expect this leader to drive our efforts to streamline a robust suite of apps that manage the company's content acquisition (covering pitch submission, deal valuation, deal negotiation and programming).
In this role you will:
- Be highly aligned with the Buying and Business Affairs teams to understand their business goals so you can lead the development of more efficient and effective supporting tools.
- Expand your knowledge beyond content acquisition world and establish strong relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure streamlined processes and products.
- Collaborate across product, design, and engineering teams to help scale a quickly growing studio operation.
- Ultimately make studio app users’ lives simpler thanks to system solutions, allowing them to focus on the most meaningful tasks that will make Netflix the world’s best studio.
- The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and you are empowered to prioritize and make decisions to drive impact for the business.
Here is what we are looking for:
- A strong, independent contributor who is comfortable navigating ambiguity and working in uncharted territory and also has curiosity to learn a complex business area.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools.
- Technical fluency, including an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
- A master of organization and prioritization who has the ability to triage multiple initiatives and focus our efforts on tackling the right problems first.
- A history of leveraging both automation and operations teams to scale execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an affinity for comprehensive business and product documentation.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and energy for delivering successful, impactful products.